Black on white racism?

13»

Comments

• riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    doop wrote: »
    Sorry I may agree with you on a lot of your posts as someone on the centre left myself but I think you are trying to play down the issue here

All we ever hear is racism against black or ethnic people yet when white people are racially abused by asians or black the left turns a blind eye to it maybe you`d care to explain why the left always ignores racism againt white people?

All forms of racism are wrong no matter how small or big!
    Would you care to furnish us an example of 'the left' turning a blind eye ?
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Racism and prejudice comes from all colours and credes - in equal amounts from what I've seen - and I was brought up in London.

What is different in my experience, is that the authorities (primarily the police) are far less likely to act on an accusation of racism made by a white British person than they would be with one coming form any other race and/or nationality. It doesn't do their career any good to get mixed up in things like that. Of course, on the flip side, taking action against a white British person who is accused of racism is very good for the career.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black on white racism DOES exist and those who deny it have got to be joking. It is just as bad as any other form of discrimination.
  • Steve1977Steve1977 Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    My Daughter had the same thing happen to her every day by a group of black girls and boys who would always say "heres the ****ed up milky bar" or " here comes the white trash bitch".

We told the school about it but they said it was not a racial matter, Then one day my daughter had had it with them and told them all to jump of a bloody bridge and she got detention for it.

So we told her to start filming it on the sly and we kept a log and went to the school with it also filming the head response to it all, and again we got the same old "it was not a racial matter". So we had our solicitor to send it to the main education board.

And hey hey presto, we got a personal apology, from the main education board, the head of the school and the main children who was calling her them things were expelled.

That is absolutely brilliant. Fair play to you.
    Just goes to show you how stupid people like this are, they are in a group which for years has been a minority (and still is to be fair) and they've longed for people to not be racist towards them and so now white people arent, a new generation are now being racist back...which in turn will see white people turn racist again. Vicious circle!
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Racism can exist in any race to a certain extent. Statistically ethnic minorities/non-whites are more likely to experience racial discrimination.
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve1977 wrote: »
    That is absolutely brilliant. Fair play to you.
    Just goes to show you how stupid people like this are, they are in a group which for years has been a minority (and still is to be fair) and they've longed for people to not be racist towards them and so now white people arent, a new generation are now being racist back...which in turn will see white people turn racist again. Vicious circle!

This has to be the most stupid comment so far. You mean there are no white people who are not racist now? There are still black and other ethnics experiencing racism in schools around the country, yes, still in this present day. One black girl about 8, on the tv the other day, had to change schools because of racism.