Sociopath`s

13»

Comments

• Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are quite rare really. And if you're a normal person you won't usually encounter one. They always on the fringes of Society. The more educated ones do commit white collar crime though. There's quite a few in the business world.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try reading Twilight OP
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    They are quite rare really. And if you're a normal person you won't usually encounter one. They always on the fringes of Society. The more educated ones do commit white collar crime though. There's quite a few in the business world.
    And at least 2 in politics... I think Nye Bevan called them "lower than vermin"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    And at least 2 in politics... I think Nye Bevan called them "lower than vermin"

Yeah definitely a few in Politics. Anywhere where they can gain power is good to them.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people posting in this thread will jokingly say they are sociopaths, after reading that checklist I'm finally convinced I am one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of people posting in this thread will jokingly say they are sociopaths, after reading that checklist I'm finally convinced I am one.

If you think you're one then you're definitely not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This checklist is used by criminal law enforcements and mental health professionals but I believe it is based on a scoring system.

I have a bit of background in psychology but not enough to state if someone is a psychopath but the checklist can be also used as a basic guide to help people pick out some traits in people like for those who are entering into new relationships and so on.

It can also be confusing though because a lot of the traits for psychopathy also apply to narcissistic personality disorder.

There is a general rule that all psychopaths are narcissists but not all narcissists are psychopaths.

You make a valid point though there will be a few that take the p*ss and claim to be psychopathic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is partly true but not 100% correct because anyone can encounter one my father did 3 years ago and he is well respected person with no criminal history whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Try reading Twilight OP

Oh really :rolleyes:
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think you're one then you're definitely not.

Hopefully not lol, I can relate to a lot of points in the checklist but I'm sure lots could.
  • PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lunar 1 wrote: »
    when you really look into the subject you'l find most 'professionals/people in power' are sociopaths.
    don't believe me, look at the state of the world

High five!
  • beaglemumbeaglemum Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Still trying to get away from a sociopath, the more I stick up for myself the worse she gets. Id love to ignore her but we're tied thro the closure of a business and shes witholding all finances just to be an awkward mare. It seems she can insult me on a regular basis but when I insult her she goes ballistic, thats why after 3 years I just keep my mouth shut as it says more about her than does of me when she kicks off. Shes a bliddy nightmare.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doop wrote: »
    I know sociopaths are intelligent and the fact sociopaths don`t have a CONSCIENCE means nothing holds them back they are free to do whatever they please.

I suspect it is just high profile sociopaths that are intelligent. Thick ones get caught and jailed early on or fester in temporay manual labouring jobs becuase their manipulation and lies get them thrown out of anything else.
    Doll Feet wrote: »
    Oh they do care. I knew one who ticked all the boxes, openly admitted to thinking he was a psychopath and told me (while he was in the throes of abject self pity) that he wanted to kill but couldn't because "...what would happen to me afterwards?! What would they do to me?" He cared very much indeed about self-preservation, it was the only thing that stopped him.

He didn't have any qualms about looking for someone vunerable to push into suicide. That way he could have the power fix of hands-off murder without the risk of being held responsible. Monster.

Sounds like a monster, and (an intelligent) sociopath take care not to get caught, but the monster you mention wallows in self-pity and sounded as if he was capable of feeling hate and anger - I suspect a true sociopath does not feel those emotions and just sees obstacles.
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member

Yeah it does sound like she could well be

Have you studied psychology then?

Reading something on the internet and then parroting it to people before attempting to diagnose strangers you've never met doesn't count, by the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beaglemum wrote: »
    Still trying to get away from a sociopath, the more I stick up for myself the worse she gets. Id love to ignore her but we're tied thro the closure of a business and shes witholding all finances just to be an awkward mare. It seems she can insult me on a regular basis but when I insult her she goes ballistic, thats why after 3 years I just keep my mouth shut as it says more about her than does of me when she kicks off. Shes a bliddy nightmare.

Well you can`t really beat these people the best you can do is get away from them as soon possible or try to ignore them as best you can in your position however it`s not that easy I feel for anyone in that situation
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you studied psychology then?

Reading something on the internet and then parroting it to people before attempting to diagnose strangers you've never met doesn't count, by the way.

As I mentioned in my previous posts yes I have studied it in my early 20s.

And can I ask who is attempting to diagnose strangers where on earth did that insane claim come from?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe, LOL. Me too. It’s mildly disturbing seeing an apostrophe there :D.
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    As I mentioned in my previous posts yes I have studied it in my early 20s.

And can I ask who is attempting to diagnose strangers where on earth did that insane claim come from?

Telling a stranger on an internet forum that they "could be" a sociopath is ridiculous and dangerous. Only a qualified and licensed doctor ever has the right to say something like that to someone - and certainly not over the internet.

What is it with people who study psychology for a few years thinking they know it all when it comes to mental health and go about acting like the OP? It's stupid beyond belief and gives the whole field a bad name - I run into too many people like this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    That apostrophe in the thread title is giving me the heeby jeebies. :o

Sorry, but it had to be said.

:D I know .. Finish the sentence. I'm guessing letter bomb or poo.