Options

Gay marriage opponents should they really be tolerated?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    i think you've messed up your dates with respect of being brought up in v being born in. someone brought up in the second world war, and of an age where their views on homosexuality were influenced by the Zeitgeist would be nudging mid 80's now.

True enough. In your first five years, possibly ten, you are not likely to be subjected to outside influence on such matters. It probably starts when you start mixing with older children more.
    flagpole wrote: »
    irrespective. my point was talk of 'tolerance' is misplaced. it is not possible today to not tolerate. the law and society simply does not allow the possibility of doing anything other than the bare minimum of allowing the existence of without interference. which is the definition of tolerance.

the issue of tolerance is anachronistic.

Yes, the law / society is used to force some people into a state of accepting that there are some things they can't (legally) do anything about.
  • Options
    zackai48zackai48 Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    I am very tolerant of others opinions and life choices. But the anti gay marriage people should be stopped. I am outraged that they are forcing their views down the throats of the sensible majority. If they think intollerance is so great why don't they go back to Saudi Arabia.

It sounds as if you are only tolerant of those who share your views. Hardly tolerant at all !