Options

Come Dine With Me 2009

Comments

• Options
    MiyagiMiyagi Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Moni was going to give a 10 considering how much she liked the food that he made especially for her! Good on Lisa for marking him high.

Looked like a great evening, everyone looked like they had a great time and that was really nice!

Thought Judi marked a bit harshly... unlike her. Maybe she wasnt drunk enough :-D

As much as I thought Judi was a great host, I thought Peter's evening was better and deserved to at least tie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ps I think Lisa looks like Luisa Bradshaw-White, who was in Grange Hill, This Life, Holby and Bad Girls!

http://www.iceposter.com/thumbs/G127157_b.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    oh an anyone else think that the lawyer lady looks like Fearne Cotton?

I think she's very attractive if only she would buy a comb her hair is awful.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    I don't understand people who say "I'm not a dessert person" :confused:

Desserts are fabulous!!!!!

Given a choice of a savoury starter or a dessert, I would go for the starter everytime, so I do understand. Prawn cocktails over ice cream anytime!!:D
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miyagi wrote: »
    I thought Moni was going to give a 10 considering how much she liked the food that he made especially for her! Good on Lisa for marking him high.

Looked like a great evening, everyone looked like they had a great time and that was really nice!

Thought Judi marked a bit harshly... unlike her. Maybe she wasnt drunk enough :-D

As much as I thought Judi was a great host, I thought Peter's evening was better and deserved to at least tie.

I don't think it went in Peter's favour that Judi wasn't that impressed by the main course..and maybe she'd not drunk enough!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is wrong with Moni and that wine? :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miyagi wrote: »
    ps I think Lisa looks like Luisa Bradshaw-White, who was in Grange Hill, This Life, Holby and Bad Girls!

http://www.iceposter.com/thumbs/G127157_b.jpg

I think Lisa is quite a beautiful lady.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I don't think it went in Peter's favour that Judi wasn't that impressed by the main course..and maybe she'd not drunk enough!!

She was consistent with her marking though, she didn't like Lisa's main either and scored them the same.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I almost forgot.

Peter’s recipes.
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    I think it was probably rented and shared.
    You don't buy new carpet for a rented house. Especially not cream carpet. She's a lawyer so she'll be on a good salary.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Christa wrote: »
    You don't buy new carpet for a rented house. Especially not cream carpet. She's a lawyer so she'll be on a good salary.

Not her carpet but maybe her landlord/sharer's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flashy Vic wrote: »
    I know that lawyers are pretty well paid, but for a youngish girl like her to afford a house like that in London ( especially if it was bought more than a year ago) she must be some damn lawyer.

I'd say its her parent's house.
    It's definitely not her parents house - the kitchen is far too young & stylish. She's obviously originally working class from her accent - which she has changed - but it slips a bit.

I think she's someone who's worked hard & got a good job (& good luck to her) & got on the property ladder. 33 is a perfectly normal age to buy a house in London - but she obviously hadn't been there that long or she'd know how the third oven worked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Not her carpet but maybe her landlord/sharer's.
    If it was her landlord's carpet she wouldn't care so much about it. She's a lawyer! It would be very odd if she were still renting at her age...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway - I loved Peter's house - very imaginatively decorated - with great taste & style. Made me see him in a new light.
  • Options
    Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    oh an anyone else think that the lawyer lady looks like Fearne Cotton?
    Yes,a bit, but attractive .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's definitely not her parents house - the kitchen is far too young & stylish. She's obviously originally working class from her accent - which she has changed - but it slips a bit.

I think she's someone who's worked hard & got a good job (& good luck to her) & got on the property ladder. 33 is a perfectly normal age to buy a house in London - but she obviously hadn't been there that long or she'd know how the third oven worked.

My thoughts PRECISELY! Altho I do think it may just have been a new kitchen too ;-)

Agree about Peter's house too - very nice indeed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    I do hope Moni gets a slap in the face. You don't bring wine as a present for the host & then insist that it's opened especially for you & refuse to drink anything else. From the preview of the next episode it looks like Lisa brings her own wine to drink, yet Moni says she has enough wine & doesn't seem to want Lisa to drink the one she brought. Hypocrite!

I hope her night is crap lol :D
  • Options
    sculptorsculptor Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Beer wrote: »
    What is wrong with Moni and that wine? :mad:

Hmmm

I'd have been sure to open the wine she'd brought first and offer it round everyone as the first bottle of the evening.

If she brings wine then it's a gift to the host and she's not entitled to trough the lot!
  • Options
    katiekookatiekoo Posts: 4,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sculptor wrote: »
    Hmmm

I'd have been sure to open the wine she'd brought first and offer it round everyone as the first bottle of the evening.

If she brings wine then it's a gift to the host and she's not entitled to trough the lot!

totally agree.

well, either that or shove the bottle somewhere that might hurt (and where i hear the sun don't shine). :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sculptor wrote: »
    Hmmm

I am sure this is where Moni got her Châteauneuf-du-Pape

http://www.tesco.com/winestore/controller.aspx?R=5934374

Probably got it in a selection of 12. Thought she'd be flash and bring it to ever day of the week.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've had my microwave that is also an oven and grill. I've had it five years and never used it as an oven and probably never will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had my microwave that is also an oven and grill. I've had it five years and never used it as an oven and probably never will.

I think she said, she has used the microwave before but not the oven part of the microwave.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone should have taken a bottle of their own wine to Moni's :D

I'm beginning t dislike Matt and his snode negative comments :mad:
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've forgotten what Lisa and Matt's place-cards said. I think Matt had a cryptic one.

G
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Everyone should have taken a bottle of their own wine to Moni's :D

I'm beginning t dislike Matt and his snode negative comments :mad:

I think he's just doing it for fun, he's certainly not holding back with positive remarks either and is scoring fairly.

G
This discussion has been closed.