Monsters - contains spoilers.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
Forum Member
Watched this at the weekend.
SPOILER BELOW!!

Just wondering how many others realised the beginning scene was the end? the man singing gave it away for me, although my hubby didn't realise until I pointed it out - we then re-watched the beginning to to work out what the ending was iyswim.

Comments

• 5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a good twist, I watched it recently on Blu Ray and after the disappointments of Battle L.A. and Skyline it was the alien Invasion / monster film of the last year I've enjoyed the most, stunningly shot, fantastic soundtrack and really laid back, Gareth Edwards did an amazing job on such a low budget, I await his next efforts esp as I understand he may be lined up to direct the next big budget Godzilla romp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise the beginning was the end either and after such a relaxed ending I was thinking 'what a nice change to have a monster film where the monsters don't go on the rampage' - then it was pointed out to me that the main characters were in fact attacked at the beginning/end and probably died. Kind of ruined the film for me.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Adore the film, but haven't seen it on blu ray yet, have to wait until May, getting the steelbook edition. Yum.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great film, so refreshing for a trip to the cinema and my girlfreind loved it despite dreading a trip out to see a film about invading aliens! Yes I did realise that the beginning was the end, I think it hit me on the way home from the cinema, it made me feel a bit sad.