Kylie Minogue.

Comments

• Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail force wrote: »
    Its obvous that some of the Kylie devotees have access to her private medical records. Why say the reason for the split was because of work commitments when the real reason was he was actually playing away. According to the spanish press quoting a family member..Andres ended it because he basically fell out of love with her. Didn't her last fella and the one before that say exactly the same while cosying up to a much prettier and younger woman?

But one of them, Olivier Martinez, is now with Halle Berry who is a couple of years older than Kylie and they have recently had a baby together
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    An ex did speak out once long ago, before her second coming as it were with Spinning Around. He was a younger model type and lasted the usual 3 years before being dumped. Of course it was, oh poor Kylie the jerk dumped her. When he did speak a few years later a totally different version came out.
    I vaguely remember that. Are you referring to James Gooding?
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Some things should have been confined to the 80s, and Kylie is one of them.

Can't stand her or her music, but I do think she's done very well for herself.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Mint wrote: »
    Don't understand why a woman with plenty of choice would keep choosing good looking models, actors and singers. Plenty of reasonably attractive ordinary guys who would treat her better.

She is obviously quite shallow and goes for looks.
    For years it was the 'of course I want children. But the time is not right.' When I doubt very very much really wanted them at all. She is a workhorse the career always comes first no matter what. The Princess of Pop has the flirty younger woman image and she is in her forties but never wants to lose that tag.

I think if she had genuinely wanted children, she would have had them years ago. Her career has always been more important than anything or anyone imo.
    Sara Webb wrote: »

I agree.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Sadly i think you have to be if you want to survive in that industry as long as she has.

I think you'd get completely screwed over if you weren't able to stand up for yourself properly in the music business.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was googling for articles on Kylie and Andres' split and came across stories about Gooding and Sadie Frost. They were an item until earlier this year, he hasn't aged well at all.
    I do think Kylie and Olivier looked very good together with him being short as well.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes. But I think another some time after also came forward???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, but I swear another model ex came forward after him.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I remember reading at the time, that James Gooding came across as a complete douche.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail force wrote: »
    Its obvous that some of the Kylie devotees have access to her private medical records. Why say the reason for the split was because of work commitments when the real reason was he was actually playing away. According to the spanish press quoting a family member..Andres ended it because he basically fell out of love with her. Didn't her last fella and the one before that say exactly the same while cosying up to a much prettier and younger woman?

That is a lot of men for you...... after the younger women after being with an older one. Andres is now 35 so it's probably boosting his rather fragile ego to be with a younger woman.

As for Kylie on the Graham Norton show, I would imagine she is a tad controlling; she probably has to be to get her career continuing as she wants it. I also heard that Madonna was yelling 'cut' on his show every 2 minutes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    From what I remember reading at the time, that James Gooding came across as a complete douche.

Agree.....and in response to someone else, I don't think anyone should have to be confined to a particular decade and especially not when their career's still going great guns. Why??
  • InNoctemInNoctem Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Yes, but I swear another model ex came forward after him.

Could it be actor Rupert Penry-Jones?

They dated for 9 months, then split supposedly she did the dumping.

Then after some years he said he'd prefer not to talk about her. Also said she'd never settle down as she's too free spirited. Then he came up with an interview saying they broke up because he didn't like her music.

He used to say it was disrespectful to his wife actress Dervla Kirwan to keep talking about Kylie in interviews..

BUT on twitter is a different story. when he joined twitter, he started getting back in touch with her. sometimes she responds, sometimes not.

https://twitter.com/rpenryj/status/111546070210854912

https://twitter.com/rpenryj/status/171976942407528451

https://twitter.com/TVWEEKmag/status/391029080046309377

https://twitter.com/rpenryj/statuses/361036708713742337

....all while in interviews boasting himself as a family man. what a sleaze.

Kylie sure has a type. I bet he'd get back to her in a heartbeat now she's single.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure how any of that makes him a sleaze to be honest?:confused:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InNoctem wrote: »
    Could it be actor Rupert Penry-Jones?

They dated for 9 months, then split supposedly she did the dumping.

Then after some years he said he'd prefer not to talk about her. Also said she'd never settle down as she's too free spirited. Then he came up with an interview saying they broke up because he didn't like her music.

He used to say it was disrespectful to his wife actress Dervla Kirwan to keep talking about Kylie in interviews..

BUT on twitter is a different story. when he joined twitter, he started getting back in touch with her. sometimes she responds, sometimes not.

https://twitter.com/rpenryj/status/111546070210854912

https://twitter.com/rpenryj/status/171976942407528451

https://twitter.com/TVWEEKmag/status/391029080046309377

https://twitter.com/rpenryj/statuses/361036708713742337

....all while in interviews boasting himself as a family man. what a sleaze.

Kylie sure has a type. I bet he'd get back to her in a heartbeat now she's single.

He always gave the impression of being quite starstruck by her......and rather desperate, it has to be said.

Twitter brings out the worst in people.

But then if Kylie went for men who possessed more maturity, she wouldn't end up with the likes of James Gooding and a conveyor belt of identikit continental models.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rupert said recently he was told to say she dumped him by her management team. It looked better. As he was early in his career he didn't want to come across as the bad guy.

So now we have three guys dumping and then being seen in the press as douches. Trend or what.
    Forum Member
    ...in response to someone else, I don't think anyone should have to be confined to a particular decade and especially not when their career's still going great guns. Why??

You are correct, of course - she's continuing to do very well for herself and is obviously entitled to do what she chooses, which she will do regardless of what anybody on a message board thinks! I think that's so obvious that it goes without saying. :)

It's merely a personal opinion. I loved her when I was a kid but just find her highly irritating now. CGYOMH drove me mad - all that ''na na na-ing'' sounded like a demented toddler. I'm sick of the sight of her and she's not even that a particularly good singer. I don't get why she's widely lauded as some sort of sex goddess either.

Send her back to OZ with immediate effect, I say. :D

As for her personal life, I have no way of being able to judge her on that, as I don't know the woman! It does seem like some of her exes have been total arsewipes, but I wouldn't know that for sure either, obviously.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are correct, of course - she's continuing to do very well for herself and is obviously entitled to do what she chooses, which she will do regardless of what anybody on a message board thinks! I think that's so obvious that it goes without saying. :)

It's merely a personal opinion. I loved her when I was a kid but just find her highly irritating now. CGYOMH drove me mad - all that ''na na na-ing'' sounded like a demented toddler. I'm sick of the sight of her and she's not even that a particularly good singer. I don't get why she's widely lauded as some sort of sex goddess either.

As for her personal life, I have no way of being able to judge her on that, as I don't know the woman!

It's the chipmunk like nasally voice that gets on my nerves. She's made a good living out of that unremarkable voice.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the chipmunk like nasally voice that gets on my nerves. She's made a good living out of that unremarkable voice.

She's got a pert arse; her arse saved her career in the 'Spinning around' video.

Fair play to her, she is obviously hugely determined and business minded. What she isn't, is a good singer.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who will she nab next?

I still remember her and Van Damme getting it on.
    Forum Member
    She's got a pert arse; her arse saved her career in the 'Spinning around' video.

Fair play to her, she is obviously hugely determined and business minded. What she isn't, is a good singer.

She has got a nice bum. To be fair to her, she did try doing more ''artistic'' stuff, but it didn't sell well... so out came the arse.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member

As for her personal life, I have no way of being able to judge her on that, as I don't know the woman! It does seem like some of her exes have been total arsewipes, but I wouldn't know that for sure either, obviously.

These posts please me :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching this thread collapse into farcical fairy stories and vitriol now for the past 24 hours. It's hysterical... All the keyboard warriors know so much about someone that they so obviously aren't a fan of (and therefore know so little about) and yet profess to know so much about this dreadful and talentless woman. How dare she actually have a career.

The discourse over the timeline and reasons behind splitting with her ex boyfriend's for instance is hilarious. You do know that Wikipedia can be edited by anybody that's as like-minded as yourselves don't you?... Towards the end of their relationship his ego went overboard because of who he was going out with, and he even thought that he was bigger than her. Which is when he got heavily into drugs and physically assaulted her at the Brit awards in 2002. She even paid for his rehab, but she had to finish it. Even his own Father praised Kylie (he went to the papers 2 weeks after they finished btw, not 2 years).

She met Rupert whilst they were both acting in Shakespeare's "Tempest" in Barbados, and he is and was a really nice guy. They went out for 9 months, but he ended up filming over a hundred miles north of London for many months, and so couldn't sustain a relationship. Simple as that. He did state at the time that she was a free spirit, stating a few years later that what he meant was that she was fun and had a wonderful innocence about her.

Try working at the centre of the music industry for over 20 years and have friends and relations in one or two of the more reputable newspapers, and then perhaps you may come close to actually having a clue about someone that no one seems to know (or want to hear) anything about. There are a number of people which are regularly trashed in other places which I would stick up for too, as it's the decent thing to do.

By the way. I'm genuinely not a fan of her music, although I would always respect anyone who does. Who am I to question anyone else's taste? I'm more into Led Zeppelin and the 70's to be honest, but I do know of her and know people who do know her, and for a very long time. She is absolutely not the person that some of you are making her out to be, just to make yourselves sound important...

I know this is a forum, but you're trashing someone who's never trashed anyone in her entire career, and who has just made people smile, doesn't that make you the complete opposite? The original OP stated a reason for her and her boyfriend splitting, and I said that it really wasn't what I'd heard, but a differing story, which was completely ignored or vilified. Next minute. the thread degenerates into trashing her career, vocals, way of life, etc. Are your lives so utterly devoid of any joy? Take a look in the mirror and try doing something positive and meaningful with your own lives before treating a complete stranger with such utter contempt.
    Forum Member
    Archangel wrote: »
    <snip> Are your lives so utterly devoid of any joy? Take a look in the mirror and try doing something positive and meaningful with your own lives before treating a complete stranger with such utter contempt.

That's one hell of an assumption, considering that you know nothing about what we do with our own lives. This is the Showbiz forum, not a life coaching discussion! So you're complaining about people giving their opinion, simultaneously slating them for being judgmental, while sitting in judgement on them yourself. That's a tad hypocritical, is it not? :confused:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Archangel wrote: »
    I've been watching this thread collapse into farcical fairy stories and vitriol now for the past 24 hours. It's hysterical... All the keyboard warriors know so much about someone that they so obviously aren't a fan of (and therefore know so little about) and yet profess to know so much about this dreadful and talentless woman. How dare she actually have a career.

The discourse over the timeline and reasons behind splitting with her ex boyfriend's for instance is hilarious. You do know that Wikipedia can be edited by anybody that's as like-minded as yourselves don't you?... Towards the end of their relationship his ego went overboard because of who he was going out with, and he even thought that he was bigger than her. Which is when he got heavily into drugs and physically assaulted her at the Brit awards in 2002. She even paid for his rehab, but she had to finish it. Even his own Father praised Kylie (he went to the papers 2 weeks after they finished btw, not 2 years).

She met Rupert whilst they were both acting in Shakespeare's "Tempest" in Barbados, and he is and was a really nice guy. They went out for 9 months, but he ended up filming over a hundred miles north of London for many months, and so couldn't sustain a relationship. Simple as that. He did state at the time that she was a free spirit, stating a few years later that what he meant was that she was fun and had a wonderful innocence about her.

Try working at the centre of the music industry for over 20 years and have friends and relations in one or two of the more reputable newspapers, and then perhaps you may come close to actually having a clue about someone that no one seems to know (or want to hear) anything about. There are a number of people which are regularly trashed in other places which I would stick up for too, as it's the decent thing to do.

By the way. I'm genuinely not a fan of her music, although I would always respect anyone who does. Who am I to question anyone else's taste? I'm more into Led Zeppelin and the 70's to be honest, but I do know of her and know people who do know her, and for a very long time. She is absolutely not the person that some of you are making her out to be, just to make yourselves sound important...

I know this is a forum, but you're trashing someone who's never trashed anyone in her entire career, and who has just made people smile, doesn't that make you the complete opposite? The original OP stated a reason for her and her boyfriend splitting, and I said that it really wasn't what I'd heard, but a differing story, which was completely ignored or vilified. Next minute. the thread degenerates into trashing her career, vocals, way of life, etc. Are your lives so utterly devoid of any joy? Take a look in the mirror and try doing something positive and meaningful with your own lives before treating a complete stranger with such utter contempt.

I'm sorry; I cannot take your opinion seriously. You are completely biased. You spend your days on various forums (including The Daily Mail) defending this woman and are clearly an uber fan.

This is a showbiz forum and not a fansite. Just because you think her s**t doesn't stink doesn't mean that everyone has to dance to your tune. I don't give a hoot if she's akin to Mother Theresa, the fact is that for a lot of people she cannot sing. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it, if it's all the same to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing we should really worry about is the Mr.Spock eyebrow from the botox. Even though she is suppose to have stopped years back, it never recovered and the face can only smile with the mouth the rest is immovable.