Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 3)

Comments

• sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    It would go a long way to softening the no vote if they allowed them to say why it was a no.

I don't think any of them were that anti the place itself or the landlady - it just that Blackpool/ what she offers isn't what they would choose for themselves.

It was suggested way back when that that question should be rephrased to "if you were our target market, would you stay here again?" Rather than a would YOU stay here again?

Personally I wouldn't go to Blackpool and stay in a B&B if you paid me, no matter how nice the B&B was as the place itself and what it offers is just not my scene! That said, for what she was charging, her rooms were reasonable and her breakfast OK. If anyone actually underpaid they would be being most unfair!

Ab solutely agree with this thread, also rather than a Yes or No would you.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,208
    Forum Member
    CaroUK wrote: »
    It would go a long way to softening the no vote if they allowed them to say why it was a no.

I don't think any of them were that anti the place itself or the landlady - it just that Blackpool/ what she offers isn't what they would choose for themselves.

It was suggested way back when that that question should be rephrased to "if you were our target market, would you stay here again?" Rather than a would YOU stay here again?

Personally I wouldn't go to Blackpool and stay in a B&B if you paid me, no matter how nice the B&B was as the place itself and what it offers is just not my scene! That said, for what she was charging, her rooms were reasonable and her breakfast OK. If anyone actually underpaid they would be being most unfair!
    I think a few of them do write a reason i've been watching a lot of eps recently and i've noticed writing at the side of it. Mostly never read aloud though
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its an unfair comparison to pitch a £45 a night Blackpool b&b against a £100+ a night "boutique" country b&b, as the posh b&b owners will have to higher expectations ( tonights was a perfect example of that as all 3 said they wouldn't stay again, not because it was dirty or unfriendly, but because it wasn't their type of b&b which is not the spirit of the question).

To me staying in a resort b&b is purely somewhere to crash for the night so a bed, kettle and working toilet and shower is all I want and £45 a night is just right.

I agree. Most people who visit Blackpool will be going out in the evenings anyway, as that's one of the main reasons tourists go there. Her price seemed fair for what she was offering which isn't intended to be upmarket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its an unfair comparison to pitch a £45 a night Blackpool b&b against a £100+ a night "boutique" country b&b, as the posh b&b owners will have to higher expectations ( tonights was a perfect example of that as all 3 said they wouldn't stay again, not because it was dirty or unfriendly, but because it wasn't their type of b&b which is not the spirit of the question).

To me staying in a resort b&b is purely somewhere to crash for the night so a bed, kettle and working toilet and shower is all I want and £45 a night is just right.

Exactly. How can you judge one against the other with that massive difference in price and establishment. Last night's lady wasn't trying to be "posh" and what she was charging looked perfectly fair for what they got. I said further up that I thought the others were just cheeky asking for extras at breakfast when she'd already told them what her breakfast consisted of.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I agree. They're supposed to judge which establishment is the best value for money, and the Blackpool B&B seemed to be just that. Instead of saying, "I'd never stay at a budget place" perhaps they should ask themselves, "If I had less than £50 to spend, would I stay here for a night?".
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did not like the "friend" who was with the spa owner that is being shown tonight. I always think it unfair, when someone who is not going to be personally judged is allowed so much to say.
    The owner of the business being shown tonight barely opened his mouth, the other guy did all the talking, completed the form and was very critical of the B&B last night.
  • MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched on 4OD and thought the place and host lovely. She looked clean and so did her place.
    I am astounded at what people expect for so little, more rashers of bacon, bigger showers. At her prices I don't know how she turns a profit. I suppose for breakfast there could be the set, but toms or mushrooms extra, don't know if that would work? She also had the right attitude to the scores. She did herself proud and I would stay if either I used British B&Bs or stayed in Blackpool.

Don't fancy the rooftop of the Spa, overlooking chimneys.
  • HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like last night's host too. She didn't seem to take things too much to heart, which is the right attitude. I don't know how her place can compare with a spa or a 4/5 star place though. They really shouldn't have such huge contrasts between b&b's.

It looks like this week will be a friendly bunch. GMTV bloke is annoying though. He seems to think that everyone knows who he is and should be in an awe of him. I might be misreading though.

Gotta cook dinner so will be watching on +1 tonight.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice but very pricey.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This place is a bit mutton.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £175 but no ensuite! :o No thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GMTV mention. Glug.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rooms feel very claustrophobic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Room prices are outrageous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    LOL he mentioned outside broadcast , he won't let it lie will he :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rooms feel very claustrophobic.

especially as so far you can't even see out the window in any we've seen.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rooms are a bit "clinical" looking
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It sounds a bit echoey there
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    Awful place. It's like a private hospital.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure you need a fridge, we're not in the Canaries.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Awful place. It's like a private hospital.

Well, you would need to be clinically insane to pay their prices. :D
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Let them go up in the plane, FGS.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Is that it? I wanted to see the view.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Well, you would need to be clinically insane to pay their prices. :D

:D:D:D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Nice place tonight, I bet they dont find any dust there,lol but it is a bit clinical, love the spa part and 24 hour valet? the height of hospitality.( sorry, been watching in the other room while cooking the kids tea so couldnt post as I was watching )
This discussion has been closed.