Options

Controversial Movie Opinions

mriggsmriggs Posts: 242
Forum Member
Like the one in the music thread.

The Star Wars prequals are better than the originals.

Foreign movies (not including American films) are generally shit. Basically if it aint Hollywood chances are its crap.

Comments

• Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate The Godfather. Boring, overrated piece of turd.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twilight is crap

Jaws is crap and vastly overated, its just so stupid.

The girls are far to stupid in horror films, i mean not all every girl would trip over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AVP Requiem is awesome. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack Nicholson's Joker is superior to Heath Ledger's Joker.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twilight is crap

Jaws is crap and vastly overated, its just so stupid.

The girls are far to stupid in horror films, i mean not all every girl would trip over.
    That one I'd say would only be controversial in a primary school class.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Memento is better than Incepton. By a mile.

Nicolas Cage can be quite a decent actor.
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    I really don't like Hitchcock's "Vertigo", despite my love of his other films.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Alien: Resurrection is a good sequel :-)
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Steven Spielberg hasn't made a truly great film since E.T.

Citizen Kane is one long, self-indulgent, empty bag of tricks.
    And it was only a toy sledge, you silly old fool. Get over it.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Kill Bill Vol 2 is the complete opposite to Kill Bill Vol 1.
    While Vol 1 is beautifully shot, well-paced, artistic, intriguing and the fight scenes are exciting, Vol 2 is miserable, morbid, long and arduous to watch, flipping boring, and the fight scenes are weak.

Twilight is awesome :D take out the 'chick-flickiness' of it and you'd still have a decent film based on the action.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kill Bill Vol 2 is the complete opposite to Kill Bill Vol 1.
    While Vol 1 is beautifully shot, well-paced, artistic, intriguing and the fight scenes are exciting, Vol 2 is miserable, morbid, long and arduous to watch, flipping boring, and the fight scenes are weak.n.

Isnt that a commonly held view though?:D
  • Options
    OnexOneOnexOne Posts: 3,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my favourite Godfather is NO.3!
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    I really don't like Hitchcock's "Vertigo", despite my love of his other films.

I agree, really tedious film. it was slated when it was first released, and now for some weird reason it is a Cult film. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OnexOne wrote: »
    my favourite Godfather is NO.3!

certainly not my fave but I dont understand the slating it gets from people. It holds up well against its predecessors.
  • Options
    Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Battlefield Earth was awesome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JTK wrote: »
    Isnt that a commonly held view though?:D

I hope it is ;)
    Some people think Vol 1 is all style over substance and that Vol 2 has more to it and is more action-packed.

When I watched Vol 2 for the first time (in spoilers incase someone hasn't seen it :) )
    I was practically pleading for her to get out of that blumin' coffin already. In Vol 1 she's like a machine and nothing can stop her, then in Vol 2 she gets shot by an overweight guy in a trailer and has a morbid flashback that goes on for aaaaaaaaages. By the time she gets out I'm so bored that I just want to see her get brutal vengeance on this guy who put her there. But someone else kills him instead, what a letdown!!! And that final moment is weak aswell, that 5 finger death punch or whatever. Lame.
    :D I feel better now.

Oh, and I don't like Texas Chainsaw Massacre at all. Most of the second half of it is just a girl screaming her lungs out, I had to mute her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Shining wasn't scary. (The book though... terrifying.)

Reservoir Dogs is one of Tarantino's weaker films.

Gone With The Wind was far too long and melodramatic.

Robert Pattinson was a lot more attractive as Cedric Diggory than as that vampire in Twilight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't particularly care for Minority Report.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope it is ;)
    Some people think Vol 1 is all style over substance and that Vol 2 has more to it and is more action-packed.

When I watched Vol 2 for the first time (in spoilers incase someone hasn't seen it :) )
    I was practically pleading for her to get out of that blumin' coffin already. In Vol 1 she's like a machine and nothing can stop her, then in Vol 2 she gets shot by an overweight guy in a trailer and has a morbid flashback that goes on for aaaaaaaaages. By the time she gets out I'm so bored that I just want to see her get brutal vengeance on this guy who put her there. But someone else kills him instead, what a letdown!!! And that final moment is weak aswell, that 5 finger death punch or whatever. Lame.
    :D I feel better now.

Oh, and I don't like Texas Chainsaw Massacre at all. Most of the second half of it is just a girl screaming her lungs out, I had to mute her.

yeah agree with you. think vol1 is far better....vol2 was a let down for me as well....thought it was a popular view though!!
  • Options
    hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    star wars film are dull and boring
    Harry potter films are plain crap
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Harry Potter Movies would be a million times better without Daniel Radcliffe.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim burtons films are rubbish, except for ed wood...they look great though
  • Options
    thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pulp Fiction is the most overrated film of all time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    Tim burtons films are rubbish, except for ed wood...they look great though

Talking of Tim Burton.

I thought I would love Nightmare Before Christmas, so I bought the video. But I was so bored by the 45th minute that I ended up cleaning my room.
    I watched it again with my sister quite awhile afterwards, and right on cue both of us were bored at the 45th minute.
    I've never watched it since.

Though next time I want to get something done around the house I might just put it on so that it motivates me to move my arse. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not exactly 'controversial' I suppose, but the 2004 remake of 'Around the World in 80 Days' is one of the biggest box-office flops ever (budget $110,000,000, only made $24,000,000) and I absolutely love it. Think it's hilarious. Saw it twice in the cinema and own it on DVD :D Watch it every time I'm ill and it always cheers me up... :o