Options

Kirkland punched in face by fan during leeds wednesday game

codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
Forum Member
✭✭
We may be shocked at what happened in Serbia this week, but no doubt the world will be playing this back shocked at the state at our own game.

A leeds fan crept up behind him (kirkland) and assaulted him.

Not a full blown punch, but one nevertheless which left the keeper visibly shocked on the ground.

The fan then went back into the crowd, laughing - but the cameras got an excellent shot of his face.

Lets hope he is in jail by the weekend.

Comments

• Options
    SolidSnakeSolidSnake Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    disgraceful :mad:
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen it, I hope his fellow fans shop him to police. A real coward who spoilt what was a fantastic goal. Thankfully Kirkland is ok.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absaloutly disgusting. :mad:
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    We may be shocked at what happened in Serbia this week, but no doubt the world will be playing this back shocked at the state at our own game.

A leeds fan crept up behind him (kirkland) and assaulted him.

Not a full blown punch, but one nevertheless which left the keeper visibly shocked on the ground.

The fan then went back into the crowd, laughing - but the cameras got an excellent shot of his face.

Lets hope he is in jail by the weekend.

the difference is he will no doubt be caught, punished and never in a football ground again. Whereas the serbians would be denying it even happened.
  • Options
    HarryNelson1805HarryNelson1805 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Watching this live. Being a Wigan fan when the footage cut to Kirkland lying prone i said to my friend "theres the glass back thats ruined his career again."

When i saw the incident i am appalled and shocked, I simply cant beleive that 1) it happened and 2) the thug went back into the croud and got clapped on the back as he made his way back up the stand
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why the OP felt the need to bring the Serbia incidents into it, can't see how it's remotely related or relevant.

This moron's face was captured on television for all to see, it's already all over twitter and will be in the papers tomorrow. He will be caught in no time and will then be off to prison (I'm guessing not for the first time).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Not sure why the OP felt the need to bring the Serbia incidents into it, can't see how it's remotely related or relevant.

This moron's face was captured on television for all to see, it's already all over twitter and will be in the papers tomorrow. He will be caught in no time and will then be off to prison (I'm guessing not for the first time).

In the press this week we have heard how Serbia is 30 years behind the UK in its attitudes - and yet in 2012 we still have fans running on to our own pitches assaulting players.

The UK cannot take the moral high ground over its fan behaviour.

Anyway, this thug will hopefully soon be getting a knock on the door and carted off to jail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In the press this week we have heard how Serbia is 30 years behind the UK in its attitudes - and yet in 2012 we still have fans running on to our own pitches assaulting players.

Anyway, this thug will hopefully soon be getting a knock on the door and carted off to jail.

the uk doesnt take the moral high ground over the behaviour of its fans, What we do do in general is find these idiots and punish them, not ignore the issues and pretend they never happen.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, which is the point he will be punished.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeds fans in being vile scummy c***s shocker.

I doubt there was a single functioning brain cell in that away end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How was this clown not eating pitch courtesy of 10 burly ground staff and coppers within moments of doing that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warnock says "keeper went down like a ton of bricks"

admittedly he said the guy should be in jail too, but there was no need for the above to be added
  • Options
    Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do grounds need redesigning to deter this, not talking the old fences but ones like they use at Wembley.

http://www.warriors.co.uk/news/2320.php
  • Options
    LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I half expected the managers to be shrugging this off and playing it down but they've gone nuts.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    I'm a Leeds fan and agree that was disgusting, Sheff Wed also outplayed us. Dave Jones should not label all Leeds fans like he has in his interview.
  • Options
    Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warnock says "keeper went down like a ton of bricks"

admittedly he said the guy should be in jail too, but there was no need for the above to be added

Just seen Colin say that, what an utter knob.
  • Options
    AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great point brought up in the post-match interviews - what would have happened had Kirkland stayed down and Wednesday already used all three substitutions? Would they have had to continue with only 10 men?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

Leeds Fan here and do have more brain cells than you as I dont tar all fans with the same brush because of one idiot.

As for the idiot I hope he in the nick right now as that aint a football fan he just a hooligan.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member

Get a grip on yourself, the rest of the fans were celebrating the goal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Get a grip on yourself, the rest of the fans were celebrating the goal.

more than that yob jumped the barrier, it just he was the one who punched the keeper.

apparently there were chants about fans murdered in turkey, to provide some balance.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    Leeds Fan here and do have more brain cells than you as I dont tar all fans with the same brush because of one idiot.

As for the idiot I hope he in the nick right now as that aint a football fan he just a hooligan.

The brain dead moron will be identified, there is really good footage of him, he should be expecting a knock on the door from the police very soon.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That one guy isn't Leeds fans, he's one ****. Don't tar them with the same brush.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a f'ing douche

Decking Chris Kirkland and then running away laughing

Did he not think the cameras would get a good shot of him

Looks like he has already been named on Twitter, so he's probably going to be banged up before too long