Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
Forum Member
Welcome to the campfest! :D

Comments

• Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love a musical....:D I can't believe this is real....
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sick and angry .

Not a homophobe, I'm gay myself, this is making me cringe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just got a massive grin on my face.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I feel sick and angry .

Not a homophobe, I'm gay myself, this is making me cringe

I don't mind it, but it's not helping the cause much with every gay stereotype thrown in that would fit.

I'm a straight acting gay, I'm nothing like this at all.

Still let's enjoy the silliness. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    More celebrities getting in on the act than an ITV production! :D
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmmm it's quite cringeworthy but if thats the way they wanted it to be fair play to them
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume they are trying to get spotted for the West End - i cant believe so many of their friends and family can sing - i have a fair few friends none of whom can sing!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume they are trying to get spotted for the West End - i cant believe so many of their friends and family can sing - i have a fair few friends none of whom can sing!:D

Their quite clearly theatre folk.... Most of their mates can probably sing.....
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this actually a real wedding?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How did they get a singing registrar?

'Hi we'd like to book a wedding for the 29th and does anyone in your office do karaoke?'

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Is this actually a real wedding?

Yes!

All the straights will be pinching this idea for their weddings now.

• Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I did try. Good luck to them and all but I'm off for a bath.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It I'd be funny if sone of the phelbs family showed up to protest..... Also in song. Massive Wagnerian oprea stylee.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God Gok Wan's there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed gok stood up, getting his face in.....
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did they get a singing registrar?

'Hi we'd like to book a wedding for the 29th and does anyone in your office do karaoke?'

And did they have to audition? Bravest registrar ever! It's all surprisingly sweet and touching. Not the greatest musical, but that's not the point is it?! Well, now there's Alison Jiear - that's a 'proper' musical voice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The fairy godmother has turned up now! :eek:

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fairy godmother has turned up now! :eek:

Nick clegg?......
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the grooms is in tails and the other is very casual!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet the one in the blue shirt's the bottom, and this was all his idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good little history lesson here.

To think I was 5 when they decriminalised it, yet had to wait until I was 52 to get married. (If I want to) - That's nearly all my life!
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just tuned in for 3 minutes and the dirge was so cringemakingly dreadful I switched over! I can't help but feel Channel 4 has spent the last 15 years resorting to camp stereotypes instead of broadening our image of gay men. Once again it's camp, it's musical theatre, it's Boy George and Kylie. I am gay and just don't know any of these gay luvvie theatre types. My gay friends run businesses or are in engineering or IT. I am not against these boys at all, but it's the monopoly of stereotypes on Channel 4. They should do a series of different types of people.

When we got civil partnered (and so can't now get married!) we were told no malarkey like this as marriage and unions are serious and can't be entered into frivolously or indeed quite so campy, not that we wanted to put on a musical. Our ceremony was in Scotland, maybe it's different in England but I hope we are not moving too much to US-style bad taste themed weddings with hobbits and puppies dressed up or some such thing!
  • Options
    Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I though Tom Fletcher's wedding speech/ song was quite cute and funny but a whole wedding of singing is a bit much :P
  • Options
    TrevorFowlerTrevorFowler Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    duncann wrote: »
    I just tuned in for 3 minutes and the dirge was so cringemakingly dreadful I switched over! I can't help but feel Channel 4 has spent the last 15 years resorting to camp stereotypes instead of broadening our image of gay men. Once again it's camp, it's musical theatre, it's Boy George and Kylie. I am gay and just don't know any of these gay luvvie theatre types. My gay friends run businesses or are in engineering or IT. I am not against these boys at all, but it's the monopoly of stereotypes on Channel 4. They should do a series of different types of people.

When we got civil partnered (and so can't now get married!) we were told no malarkey like this as marriage and unions are serious and can't be entered into frivolously or indeed quite so campy, not that we wanted to put on a musical. Our ceremony was in Scotland, maybe it's different in England but I hope we are not moving too much to US-style bad taste themed weddings with hobbits and puppies dressed up or some such thing!

I was thinking the same about the stereotypes. Where's Gareth Thomas when you need him? :)

I'm not sure Monday is the best day to broadcast this. I think it should have been on Saturday, the day itself.
  • Options
    toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth is this tripe.

I feel sorry for all those gay men out there who get tarred with the camp brush;-). Just how many stereotypes are these two into.