Kaspersky 2013 vs Kaspersky 2015

zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it still the case that the only difference between Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and KIS 2015 (once installed and updated) is the price I bought them for ? And since the 2013 version is selling MUCH cheaper than the 2015 version I might as well go for the 2013 one ?

btw: I know there are other brands out there that "are better", and free options that "work just as well" but I've been Kasperskied for a good number if years now and nothing bad has got thru it so I'm sticking with the K. :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Is it still the case that the only difference between Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and KIS 2015 (once installed and updated) is the price I bought them for ? And since the 2013 version is selling MUCH cheaper than the 2015 version I might as well go for the 2013 one ?

btw: I know there are other brands out there that "are better", and free options that "work just as well" but I've been Kasperskied for a good number if years now and nothing bad has got thru it so I'm sticking with the K. :D

Don't quote me, but most boxed products let you install the latest version. Buy the cheaper one.
  • DragonRageDragonRage Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    You can use the KIS 2013 licence with KIS 2015, see http://support.kaspersky.com/11205#block1
    I always buy the earlier versions then use the key to activate the current one, since as you say it's much cheaper.
    Don't install the older version from the disc though, since it will not upgrade to latest years version automatically. Simply go to the Kaspersky website to download the current version then use the older key you bought to activate it.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^will do :) - though not if it turns out the current edition is NOT WinXP friendly, better check that out first :)