Options

Abi's phone conversation with Tanya (Cora related)

NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
Forum Member
✭✭
Cora is currently homeless but a few months earlier was planning to move to Exeter to stay with Tanya. In April, her last scene was when she left a message on Tanya's mobile/land line. The conversation Abi had with her in this evening's episode has a few confusing parts.

Like, did Tanya never hear that phone message from Cora which she left in April? If she was expecting Cora to come over, how come she didn't call Max or Abi about her whereabouts? They could have filed a missing persons report with the police.

Also, has Abi not spoken to her mum in months? She knew Cora was moving there so a bit odd that she hasn't been in contact for 3-4 months, even to check up on her.

As for Cora herself, why didn't she just ask Ava and Dexter if she could come to Newcastle, if going to Exeter was a problem? Ava was expecting her in January anyway, but she stayed in Walford for Stan. While she has been homeless, I wonder if she has managed to find out any more on Aunt Babe's secrets.

Comments

• Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    Maybe Abi thought Cora was at Vaslavs?
  • Options
    Peg ODwyerPeg ODwyer Posts: 43,117
    Forum Member
    Tan & Cora could have talked on the phone & Cora told she not welcome or whatever, which would mean no need to file a 'missing' report.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not that Tanya didn't get the message, it's simply that she didn't care. And who could blame her. Cora is evil.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »

:p great Comment.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :p great Comment.

Sorry I have not heard from Cora of late☺
  • Options
    dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Y I
    Cora is currently homeless but a few months earlier was planning to move to Exeter to stay with Tanya. In April, her last scene was when she left a message on Tanya's mobile/land line. The conversation Abi had with her in this evening's episode has a few confusing parts.

Like, did Tanya never hear that phone message from Cora which she left in April? If she was expecting Cora to come over, how come she didn't call Max or Abi about her whereabouts? They could have filed a missing persons report with the police.

Also, has Abi not spoken to her mum in months? She knew Cora was moving there so a bit odd that she hasn't been in contact for 3-4 months, even to check up on her.

As for Cora herself, why didn't she just ask Ava and Dexter if she could come to Newcastle, if going to Exeter was a problem? Ava was expecting her in January anyway, but she stayed in Walford for Stan. While she has been homeless, I wonder if she has managed to find out any more on Aunt Babe's secrets.

Yes l agree that it seems very unlikely that Cora who left way back in April would not have been missed until abi spoke with Tanya last night. It's over three months since she left the square surely somebody would have thought of checking up on her by now. It's unrealistic to expect us to believe that none of her family would have checked up on her or phoned to see how she was.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »

Ha ha ha ha haaaa!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I agree that surely someone would have phoned her and realised she's homeless? Mind you she has an acid tongue so might have fallen out with her family. She might not admit to anyone that she's sleeping rough in London out of pride. Some old people burn their bridges with family and end up neglected. Cora strikes me as one of those. Even so a phone call wouldn't hurt...:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's complete gutter fodder. I can think of no one who deserves homelessness more.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Ava couldn't take Cora leaving her Y fronts on the radiator any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    She's complete gutter fodder. I can think of no one who deserves homelessness more.

I've changed my mind. Absolutely love Cora. Queen Cora. Walfords leading lady.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Did nobody else spot Cora at the Community Centre food bank thing around the time Shabnam was attacked? I thought they were gearing up for a storyline with her then...
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LordLast wrote: »
    Did nobody else spot Cora at the Community Centre food bank thing around the time Shabnam was attacked? I thought they were gearing up for a storyline with her then...

Ann Mitchell has tweeted this morning that Cora's return journey to the Square began last night.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    It seems incredible that either Abi hasn't spoken to Tanya or she has never mentioned her in any of their conversations but that was the implication.

At least it answers why Lauren is coming back, talking to the NZ Police to clear Max. Nobody has bothered to tell her. If Mother and Daughter don't speak for 3 months when in the same country, you can imagine that the elder daughter/sister on the other side of the World would have even less contact.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nancy saw Cora but didn't know for sure, that it was her.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    It seems incredible that either Abi hasn't spoken to Tanya or she has never mentioned her in any of their conversations but that was the implication.

At least it answers why Lauren is coming back, talking to the NZ Police to clear Max. Nobody has bothered to tell her. If Mother and Daughter don't speak for 3 months when in the same country, you can imagine that the elder daughter/sister on the other side of the World would have even less contact.

Yes - it didn't naked sense.

Cora left months ago and said she was going to live with Tanya - and yet we are to believe Abi hasn't spoken to her mum in all that time or asked how her gran was?
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abi has been living in a bubble thinking she is now a Mitchell, the way she has been acting it's realistic to think she won't have spoken to Tanya.
  • Options
    dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No sorry just don't buy it, but then it is a soap and we can't expect every little detail to slot together perfectly, l suspose this is one for the suspension of reality thread.
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Did nobody else spot Cora at the Community Centre food bank thing around the time Shabnam was attacked?

Oh that's right!!
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe tanya got a new mobile which cora didbt have yet?
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nancy did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the most likely answer is that Tanya simply didn't care. Your phone rings and it's Cora. Do you:

a) Answer it.
    b) Think, "oh, it's that miserable, gutless, waste of space, feckless, evil old bag... no need to answer"
  • Options
    Dr Dr WhoDr Dr Who Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    I think the most likely answer is that Tanya simply didn't care. Your phone rings and it's Cora. Do you:

a) Answer it.
    b) Think, "oh, it's that miserable, gutless, waste of space, feckless, evil old bag... no need to answer"

Second one :D