Cheryl collapses.

Comments

• spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In other Girls Aloud injury related news, Kimberley Walsh has broken her foot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pahman wrote: »
    From The Sun:

"She had taken malaria tablets - but they failed to protect her from the mosquito-borne illness, which in extreme cases can KILL"

"...she would be kept in hospital for another night and could remain under close observation for up to two weeks. Her involvement in the rest of this series of The X Factor is in serious doubt"

Oh my god how they are milking it. I really hope she's okay and malaria is serious but they make it like she's on the verge of dying. :rolleyes:
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    All this talk of Cheryl but not a word on the state of the poor mosquito that bit her?
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All this talk of Cheryl but not a word on the state of the poor mosquito that bit her?

It's busy hooking up with will.i.am, it has got a better singing voice that Biffa!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moireen wrote: »
    Oh my god how they are milking it. I really hope she's okay and malaria is serious but they make it like she's on the verge of dying. :rolleyes:

Millions of people die from malaria every year. The type that causes the acute symptoms (like she has) is the one that is most often fatal.Of course in under developed countries they won't have access to the level of intensive care that we have here and she should recover but it may well be a very slow process.

In the acute phase people are very very ill. Malaria can cause permanent brain damage and other seriious long term problems so that is why people are treating it so seriously. I don't think she'll be on X-Factor any time soon.

I hope she makes a good recovery.
  • JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a nurse and often advise on malaria tablets, which if taken correctly usually prevent malaria, However it is vitally important that they are taken as prescribed and continued for a time when out of the risk areas because if you are bitten on the last day of your holidays and then stop taking the tablets from the following day, you are in big trouble.

A lot of people I see in my travel clinics are more concerned about getting obscure injections like rabies and other stuff and tend to leave malaria protection way down on their list of priorities. But, as previous poster says, it is a major killer and a horrible condition to catch because you never get rid of it. I used to work with someone many years ago who caught it whilst working abroad and every so often they would get another flare up of it and end up in hospital.
  • geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its probably ALL.ASHLEYS' FAULT. :rolleyes:

Hideous woman, Its a load of old bullshine. How many (conflicting) stories will we get today I wonder?

Im pretty sure in the one.whole.week she was "forced" to take off from collapsing at a photoshoot, (while it seems at the same time she was in bed for 48hrs "trying to sleep") she will make a "dramatic" recovery and the "nations sweetheart" will be back on the X Factor to promote her new album, I mean to judge. But remember if she doesnt it will somehow be ALL ASHLEYS FAULT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    So, this is now all over the 'news' because it is a 'tragedy' that has befallen a 'celebrity'.

Ultimately though it highlights one of two things - either Ms. Cole believes her (expensively bought but with a good rate of return) publicity that she is superhuman and that she doesn't need to take the treatments that the rest of the human race does, or she wasn't smart enough herself to realise the necessity.

Big fail on her part - zero sympathy from here.

And don't fergawdsakes someone tell me she was badly advised. Millions of people travel to these places every year and the NHS advice on malaria tablets keeps them perfectly safe.....
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WGERS1873 wrote: »
    First thing i thought when reading the story.

Why, do you think eating cures malaria? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I thought you're injected with some liquid before you go on holiday and it protects you from Malaria?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Add me to the doubters

Me too. I'm suspicious because the story yesterday was that this was due to gastroenteritis brought on by her 'punishing' workload. However people were finding the idea of her working harder than someone doing 14 hours a day in a factory to be ridiculous and mildly offensive. Now, 24 hours after that story she "doctors have diagnosed malaria" though according to the previous article "tests showed" she had gastroenteritis.

If people keep bringing up comments that she climbed a mountain for Comic Relief to get mosquito nets for Africa but failed to take precautions against malaria herself, tomorrow she might have something else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to reports she didn't fail to take anything, it just didn't protect her. Such medication isn't 100% and doesn't make people invincible

IF it is true she really should find a new doctor, if he's diagnosing her with essentially a tummy ache when it's malaria it's quite concerning...
  • poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Cheryl has got Malaria then she wont be able to do the X Factor for a long time.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will never be rid of it if she has got malaria. It will cause great problems to her carrer as it can return at any time and knock you out for days. I had a teacher who had caught it and over the years he had to take days off work as it had flared up again.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite surprised to see an article alleging that Cheryl has malaria. Surely rather different to gastroenteritis/stomach flu? Surely very different to exhaustion? I agree with spkx she obviously needs a better doctor.

On the other hand, the thought of having malaria is terrifiying and if it's all true I truly wish her a speedy recovery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I don't believe it at all. Its all just for publicity - has she got a new single/album coming out :rolleyes:
  • the spiz 2the spiz 2 Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malaria tablets don't stop you getting malaria - all they do is 'limit' the symptoms - which of course sometimes means people have malaria, don't know and they can't fight it off whilst it's being masked and then it kicks in big time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I think with tests you sometimes need to know what to test for to get an accurate diagnoses. I can see exhaustion and stomach ache could easily be many illnesses

Malaria is a serious illness, killing over a million worldwide including a few Britains. I'm far from a fan of Cheryl but wish her well

Far from hyping it up I think her camp have kept quite quiet all things considered. Celebs may hype up many things but to fake a illness as serious as malaria would finish a person's career
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC are reporitng it now, and it's from her spokesperson not "sources", so I'm inclined to be believe it - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10520189.stm

(It's also the most read story currently, ahead of the gun man on the lose threatening to kill cops... shocking)
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moondial wrote: »
    Me too. I'm suspicious because the story yesterday was that this was due to gastroenteritis brought on by her 'punishing' workload. However people were finding the idea of her working harder than someone doing 14 hours a day in a factory to be ridiculous and mildly offensive. Now, 24 hours after that story she "doctors have diagnosed malaria" though according to the previous article "tests showed" she had gastroenteritis.

If people keep bringing up comments that she climbed a mountain for Comic Relief to get mosquito nets for Africa but failed to take precautions against malaria herself, tomorrow she might have something else.

I thought she climbed the mountain for publicity and the mozzy nets were thrown in as a bonus :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of hers at all but I certainly wish no illness on her and I hope she gets better.

She still annoys the bones off me though
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slates74 wrote: »
    I don't believe it at all. Its all just for publicity - has she got a new single/album coming out :rolleyes:

To say the malaria tablets didn't work is another serious statement to make IMO.

Anyway, now she doesn't have to face two women from 2 of the worlds biggest girl groups who she has slammed.
    Nicole from PCD and Kelly from Destinys child.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    To say the malaria tablets didn't work is another serious statement to make IMO.

Anyway, now she doesn't have to face two women from 2 of the worlds biggest girl groups who she has slammed.
    Nicole from PCD and Kelly from Destinys child.

She has slammed Kelly Rowlan??. Kelly Rowland blows Cheryl Cole into oblivion!! What was her problem with Kelly?
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has slammed Kelly Rowlan??. Kelly Rowland blows Cheryl Cole into oblivion!! What was her problem with Kelly?

Something about Destinys child copying GA.
    It was a topic here I think ages ago. 2008 maybe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Something about Destinys child copying GA.
    It was a topic here I think ages ago. 2008 maybe.

ha ha ha ha, yes because the most successful and talented Girl Group of all time really needed to copy some scantlily clad, talentless fools.

For God sakeIi never liked Cheryl but I actually did not have her down as a bitch, obviously I was wrong!