Emmerdale - The Aaron Livesy Story [SPOILERS - Part 14]

Comments

• Lesley12Lesley12 Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I didn't mean the halo part, I meant the vest. The bit over his shoulders, it seems to be about a foot apart from his chest?

Hmmm. I wondered if that was something to do with the surgery they did on the rest of him. Kind of to keep the bedding from touching him? Though that does sound a bit like me making stuff up to fit what's happening on the screen.

It did seem to move quite a bit when he was breathing - more noticeable when he was on the ventilator.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesley12 wrote: »
    Hmmm. I wondered if that was something to do with the surgery they did on the rest of him. Kind of to keep the bedding from touching him? Though that does sound a bit like me making stuff up to fit what's happening on the screen.

It did seem to move quite a bit when he was breathing - more noticeable when he was on the ventilator.

Oh well! This is me over analysing!! I am intrigued to watch how his injuries pan out though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesley12 wrote: »

Especially when he wasn't keeping in time with the ventilator :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ginni wrote: »
    Well, my take on it is that they have now said he has two bones broken in his neck, but just because the bones are borken, we have not been told if they, or anything else, has actually damaged the spinal cord - and quite why they waiteda week to tellthefamily is a mystery cos they said they found them on scans on admission. Now they would have to wait a while, probably longer than a week to see if any of the loss of use was due to spinal shock. Jackson was breathing on his own on admission, so there has been no change or deteriation there with his return to consciousnes.

And yeah, the docs are playing a blinder in saying nothing in the most annoying way!

broken vertebra don't have to be a cause of paralasys, the neckspine has the most space for the cord and nerves to move in, the lower the narrower the space. so there isn't necesary a cut off, maybe oedema or brusing that keeps him from feeling something, although that should haved improved in a weeks time.
    he was on a ventilator, but that clould just been a support after the surgery. if he wasn't breathing on it's own when he came in hospital, he would have been dead allready.
    i have the feeling his injuries will have to do with the damage in his brain, the bleedings. that would explain partial paralasys and a period of rehabilition and staying in hospital. and with any luck with a bit of good progress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this medical talk is frazzling my brain! Going to give my head a wobble and then I'm off to bed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it seemed to change daily in the hospital before he woke up, last Friday and Monday the machines were beeping but you couldn't really hear the ventilator going

On Thursday, the ventilator was really audioble, and Marc was moving when breathing, and the halo was moving around on his head, even where it's been made to look that is attached to his skull where the white pads are

Then Friday the ventilator was quiet again and we had a new beeping machine never heard before!

i bet if ED producers reead this they'd think we're ungrateful - giving great drama and people are over analysing the machine noises:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this medical talk is frazzling my brain! Going to give my head a wobble and then I'm off to bed!

Aye, it's kinda late to be so serious! :D

Off too

Nightie night
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

sorry for that, been thinking about it al weekend and trying to make sence of it, now it just all comes out at once, really sorry for that.
    but remeber i'm no doctor, so i could be wrong in some things. (not that i really believe though, but we nurses have to say it).
    of to bed aswell, nursing duties in the morning. just a shame i have no patient as cute as jackson, would be much easier to get me out of bed LOL.
    goodnight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it seemed to change daily in the hospital before he woke up, last Friday and Monday the machines were beeping but you couldn't really hear the ventilator going

On Thursday, the ventilator was really audioble, and Marc was moving when breathing, and the halo was moving around on his head, even where it's been made to look that is attached to his skull where the white pads are

Then Friday the ventilator was quiet again and we had a new beeping machine never heard before!

i bet if ED producers reead this they'd think we're ungrateful - giving great drama and people are over analysing the machine noises:D

they only had to consult a good nurse (no doctor please) and everything would have been allright.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately it's a soap and I think they'll do whater they want regardless of whether or not it's medically accurate. I suppose most viewers won't be analysing it as much as us and so they will buy the whole story without questioning if he would be on a ventilator, the machine noises, the halo thingamjig etc. I think everything that's been shown thus far has looked pretty realistic to the untrained eye. Oh I so hope this is not the beginning of the end for Jackson. I'm guessing there's been no word on whether or not Marc's contract is up for renewal? Should they have done it by now? Eek I'm getting so stressed I feel so silly!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curlypubes wrote: »
    Hey schalkey poo. Long time no talk (on here). At least you kept your promise. Annabelle was meant to come over here too. Guess that means I'll have to put my naked stalker pics of her up on the internet :rolleyes::p:D

Aaaaww you just missed me! Waited 1/4 of an hour but nobody spoke so DID got to bed - too busy discussing clowns costumes to say "hello"!! :D Might try & get on later when!!!

Been looking forward to those stalker piccies for ages!!!(barf) :eek::eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Steve... where have you been hiding? You've not posted in ages and I'm sure you DO have an opinion on poor Jackson's accident:cry:! Hope to see you on here again soon or I might have to resort to stalking you by pm:rolleyes::eek:!!

Oooooh someone DID say hello!!! :D Hello gorgeous!! ;)

Yeah it's been a TRAGIC two weeks. My opinions would fill the page but all sorts of emotions going by me last couple of weeks leading up to & since the crash. The convo between A & J before the crash had me in floods!!! Aaron finally became a man - that convo with Jackson's b@stard dad - welled up to that! The loving tenderness of him at Jackson's bed. Jackson's 1st word being "Aaron"! His ordering a McDonalds for Jackson cos he "needs some proper food" - so SWEET and the only way he could think of dealing with the situation!!! The TERRIBLE news that Jackson may be paraplegic OMG!! But after a smash like that he's lucky?! to be alive!!! Could go on for ages but it's probably ALL been said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Superman guy, Christopher Reeve he was quadriplegic wasn't he?? He had to have a breathing tube, was this because of his paralysis or was it something else? If you are paralysed from the neck down are you still able to breathe normally or do you always need assistance? I'm only thinking because if you are paralysed from the neck down then you wouldn't have control of you diaphragm muscles would you? Jackson isn't on a ventilator anymore which would mean he can breathe of his own accord. I'm confused. Sorry for the questions but I suddenly had a brain fart!!!!!

Dunno if anyone's answered this but it's complicated to explain!! Try this below - will answer a few questions Don't have much to do with them myself we have mainly stroke patients & that's up to hemiplegia (half-sided) !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadriplegia
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ginni wrote: »
    Especially when he wasn't keeping in time with the ventilator :D

PMSL!!! You noticed that too!!!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    Wow, no post since 4 in the morning? This must be the latest first post in the morning ever! :eek:
    I agree. Aaron just doesn't know how to admit/say it but I'm fairly confident he does. IMO, in his pre crash "speech" to Jackson, I don't think he could have made his feelings any clearer... he just doesn't realise it's love because he's never felt it for anyone before.
    Yes :). I agree with all that!
    schalke04 wrote: »
    Aaaaww you just missed me! Waited 1/4 of an hour but nobody spoke so DID got to bed - too busy discussing clowns costumes to say "hello"!! Might try & get on later when!!!

Been looking forward to those stalker piccies for ages!!!(barf) :eek::eek::D

Aww, sorry babes, I was doing legal research :rolleyes::yawn:. But good to see you on again and hearing your opinions!! :)

Don't worry, I'll edit Annabelle's pics and give her man parts :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    schalke04 wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone's answered this but it's complicated to explain!! Try this below - will answer a few questions Don't have much to do with them myself we have mainly stroke patients & that's up to hemiplegia (half-sided) !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadriplegia

I did quite a bit of research last night so was going on wiki and medical websites reading up on it all!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I haven't posted here for so long, just thought I'd pop back and see what was happening... and now I've seen, I know I don't need to bother coming back again.

There's a bitter individual on Twitter with (I believe) some serious mental health issues who is constantly trying to provoke Aaron v. Jackson arguments - I see she's now spread her juvenille games to this thread. What a huge pity. This used to be such a fun place.

Adios, folks.
    Forum Member
    GetSmart wrote: »
    Wow, I haven't posted here for so long, just thought I'd pop back and see what was happening... and now I've seen, I know I don't need to bother coming back again.

There's a bitter individual on Twitter with (I believe) some serious mental health issues who is constantly trying to provoke Aaron v. Jackson arguments - I see she's now spread her juvenille games to this thread. What a huge pity. This used to be such a fun place.

Adios, folks.

Hey Smarty! I almost choked on my tea when I saw your name, I was so shocked :eek::D

I don't think anyone was trying to provoke anyone, because it was just taken out of hand by something Andy said (don't worry Andy we're not blaming you). But I think it was just one of those things that happen and are then forgotten about the next day (I hope :o).

Unfortunately the thread has been a little down yesterday. I didn't really post last night because of said argument, and all the medical talk had me like this -> :confused:. We were great during the week of THE EVENT, so hopefully when things pick up for Aarson, things will pick up here too.

This thread is full of lovely people, so I know it should be back to normal soon, and last night was just a mishaps, as this thread still has many days were it is very entertaining (and then it has a few days like last night :()

Personally I think we need a big smut-filled convo :p:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Smarty! I almost choked on my tea when I saw your name, I was so shocked :eek::D

I don't think anyone was trying to provoke anyone, because it was just taken out of hand by something Andy said (don't worry Andy we're not blaming you). But I think it was just one of those things that happen and are then forgotten about the next day (I hope :o).

Unfortunately the thread has been a little down yesterday. I didn't really post last night because of said argument, and all the medical talk had me like this -> :confused:. We were great during the week of THE EVENT, so hopefully when things pick up for Aarson, things will pick up here too.

This thread is full of lovely people, so I know it should be back to normal soon, and last night was just a mishaps, as this thread still has many days were it is very entertaining (and then it has a few days like last night :()

Personally I think we need a big smut-filled convo :p:o

Am I missing something? Was there an argument on here last night??
  • Sam'sWishSam'sWish Posts: 6,759
    Forum Member
    Morning!

Not moved very far since last night! Was hoping for some new info but no...nothing! Damn! :(

Off to work for me!

Have a good day everyone! :)
    Forum Member
    Am I missing something? Was there an argument on here last night??

I actually didn't think there was until I read someone's post saying there was an argument, and then I had to go back to double check. I didn't think it looked that serious. But obviously people took it otherwise :(

Morning Sam, have fun at work :p. Although I can't say anything - another day of my head stuck in legal books :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually didn't think there was until I read someone's post saying there was an argument, and then I had to go back to double check. I didn't think it looked that serious. But obviously people took it otherwise :(

Morning Sam, have fun at work :p. Although I can't say anything - another day of my head stuck in legal books :(

Oh right, I've just read back and still can't see it!! :confused:

Oh sorry about all the medical talk, thats partly my fault but I'm just trying to understand it all a bit better. Not just for the storyline but because I am actually quite interested. If theres something in life I'm not sure about I tend to research it so that I have a little more knowledge on it.
  • Sam'sWishSam'sWish Posts: 6,759
    Forum Member

Morning!

I'd rather sit with my head in legal books...sounds far more fun than actually going to work! :)

Have fun with your books :D:p
  • lovinjonlovinjon Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh sorry about all the medical talk, thats partly my fault but I'm just trying to understand it all a bit better. Not just for the storyline but because I am actually quite interested. If theres something in life I'm not sure about I tend to research it so that I have a little more knowledge on it.

those articles on spinal injurys was actualy very intresting :)
    Forum Member

Don't worry about the medical talk, it was interesting to read about (well, what I could understand), I just didn't have anything to contribute as I had no idea what was going on :p:o.

Anyway, I think we all need to join together, hold hands, and sing Cumbaya (no idea how to spell that :o)
This discussion has been closed.