Musings on a Saturday evening

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "There’s no one quite like Pamela, of course; elegant and graceful, she’s partnered with Ola’s other three-quarters, James. He’s played it canny and he knows how to show off his Ubergran to her best"

Very nice, and many thanks, JfW.

For you possibly a lack-lustre anticlimax after the semis- or you were missing Gavin (:eek:)
  • NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    JOHN, I love you. You're a blimin' genius man.

Hammy and all his paddles, what's not to adore.

Looking forward to the next Strictly already so that I can read your musings.

Thank you so much.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for entertaining us so brilliantly throughout the series, JfW.

I loved Hammy's antics with the paddles:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I've given up trying to think of an original turn of phrase to say 'thank you so much!' to JfW...

Instead, here are links to the master's works for 2008, 2009 and this year.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7402200/Musings%20on%20a%20Saturday%20Evening%20-%202008.pdf
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7402200/Musings%20on%20a%20Saturday%20Evening%20-%202009.pdf
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7402200/Musings%20on%20a%20Saturday%20Evening%20-%202010.pdf
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Totally brilliant John, Mrs JfW and Hammy - loved the paddles and the tissue ref made my tea come out of my nose.
    Thank you and Merry Christmas
  • geordiegumpgeordiegump Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John,

Thank you SO much for the wonderful musings throughout the series.

I have to confess that I like your posts more than the show!

Have a very Merry Christmas with Mrs JFW and Hammy and my warmest wishes for 2011
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John,

Thank you SO much for the wonderful musings throughout the series.

I have to confess that I like your posts more than the show!
    Have a very Merry Christmas with Mrs JFW and Hammy and my warmest wishes for 2011

I hardly watched any of this show this year, but I have religiously read the Musings. It's been brilliant as ever
  • pootlemumpootlemum Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would like to add my thanks, first year of coming across these musings and i have completely fallen in love, been reading all the previous ones!

have a very merry Christmas JfW, Mrs JfW and of course Hammy xxxx:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John, that was just brilliant. Far, far too many ROFLs to mention and I loved the sub-plot of Hammy's scoring strategy.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the musings - I don't know how you do it, but long may you reign. You really are just as important a part of Strictly as ITT for me.

Just wish Claudia would have you and Hammy on ITT as guests!

Special waft for Hammy and for you - and remember to fill up his water bottle with the champagne on Saturday! If ever a hamster deserved to get, er, hamster-bottomed .....:D

Hope you, Mrs JFW and Hammy all have a wonderful Christmas.
  • wildwestladywildwestlady Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Christmas Greetings from far West Wales, and of course many thanks for the comic brilliance of your musings.
  • crazybabecrazybabe Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Thanks John for your musings - much appreciated :)
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John you've been an absolute star this series. You never disappointed.

Wishing you and Mrs Jfw a very merry xmas :)

Next stop.....Dancing On Ice!
  • AlexR!AlexR! Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I’ll add my thanks to the myriad of others here, JfW. Although I haven’t thanked you before, every week your Musings have been a coracle of sunshine bobbing merrily amidst a sea of vitriol, spite and soap-boxing.
    Thanks for keeping me so amused; I’m looking forward to your continued (mis)adventures during Dancing On Ice.
    And a very Merry Christmas to one and all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    Is this the first time one of Hammy's favourites has won?

We don't mention that kind of unhelpful statistic in these parts.
    peeve wrote: »
    Sad though it is that these are your last Strictly musings, I'm looking forward to reading your musings on Dancing On Ice.:)

Erm, you are doing them, aren't you? :o

Erm, about that. I'm thinking not. I'm a bit up against it with some other stuff at the moment so it may be a muse too far. Sorry peeve.
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Hope Hammie is safely down. Or is he already on a mission of Russian destruction ;)

Well he would be, but he's not allowed out after dark.
    kittles wrote: »
    never change John

It's funny you should say that. Mrs JfW has a different opinion.
    Very nice, and many thanks, JfW.

For you possibly a lack-lustre anticlimax

Sorry Dora, I did my best. We're still friends though aren't we?
    I've given up trying to think of an original turn of phrase to say 'thank you so much!' to JfW...

'Thank you' says it all brownie, and I doff my cap to your compilation efforts.
    John,

Geordie,

Fingers crossed it'll be a corker for all of us (I think I'm turning into Tiny Tim).
    Just wish Claudia would have you and Hammy on ITT as guests!

I suspect if anyone at the beeb was aware of our existence we'd have been pigeonholed as blasphemers for our Notdead irreverence.
    AlexR! wrote: »
    ...every week your Musings have been a coracle of sunshine bobbing merrily amidst a sea of vitriol, spite and soap-boxing.

Blimey, 15 posts and one of 'em's for me. Hello Alex, there are indeed some angry souls on here; it seems that not everyone watches the show in the oasis of serenity that is the JfW household.

Many thanks to all posters, I'm really glad you liked it (well, most of you). I thought it was a brilliant series - not so keen on props or theme nights, irritated that the previously sacrosanct rules were routinely ignored, despair at the continuing progress of Widdy and her ilk and close to apoplectic that Notdead is perceived as indispensible - but even with their idiotic meddling, the producers haven't completely ruined the show. Yet.

Thanks again, have a fabulous Christmas and a splendid new year.

Cheers, JfW.
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a brilliant series - not so keen on props or theme nights, irritated that the previously sacrosanct rules were routinely ignored, despair at the continuing progress of Widdy and her ilk and close to apoplectic that Notdead is perceived as indispensible - but even with their idiotic meddling, the producers haven't completely ruined the show. Yet.

Wholeheartedly seconded.

Merry Christmas to the JfW family!

parthena :p
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel a bit of a late comer to the party but after years of lurking, I just wanted to say thank you JfW - you're a bloody genius!!
  • jiver51jiver51 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank You JfW for the laughter and the Very Best to You and Yours over Christmas and New Year :):)
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7402200/Musings%20on%20a%20Saturday%20Evening%20-%202008.pdf
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7402200/Musings%20on%20a%20Saturday%20Evening%20-%202009.pdf
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7402200/Musings%20on%20a%20Saturday%20Evening%20-%202010.pdf

Littlebrownie and JfW

A huge thank you for such entertainment - I sat up till about 2 am reacing the Musing for 2010 and roared with laughter - Hammy and Cat, brilliant - God what a LAUGH!!!
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't mention that kind of unhelpful statistic in these parts.
    Oops, sorry! Has Hammy come back down to earth yet?
  • GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully not too late but thanks a million for the musings. Even if I started to get bored with the show I would still watch it just so your musings would have maximum impact!

Look forward to next years edition.
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Fame at last!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhO-qMeMjtA&feature=player_embedded

There'l be no stopping Hammy's plans for world domination now!!

JJ :D
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Brilliant! Must be a relative of Hammy's!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Many thanks to you, Littlebrownie, for the great compilation work. Back from China with Shanghai 'flu and acute stomach collywobbles, I prefer to read these musings to forcing my soggy cardboard brain into doing any actual work.

Brings back memories. :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *sits down*

*waits patiently and hopefully with crossed fingers*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KHC22 wrote: »
    *sits down*

*waits patiently and hopefully with crossed fingers*

you fooled me :cry: i thought JFW was back...sits on the steps waiting....:o