Options

The closure of stories is not the best in eastenders at the moment

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I notice there seems to be very lazy writing under the current eastenders producer.

Lucy to quickly move things on will suddenly sleep with anything just to build up some suspects.

The Stacey merry go round was very lazy as well

A lot of stories are just hanging.

I do feel this mainly due to the cast of thousands where many are just sitting there

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie had a doof doof when he was on the phone and hasn't been seen since.
    Agree about Lucy, the build up to her death hasn't impressed me it's all happening to fast without any explanation of why Lucy is behaving like Kat.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree with you. Though, it's better than the alternative of snakegate/bingate/coldcutsgate being the major storylines of the month.

Nancy's epilepsy, and 'thing' with Dexter was dropped.
    The entire Kat/Alfie mess was left unresolved. What does Alfie do for work now :confused:
    Masood's breakdown, Tamwar's depression have seemingly been dropped.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Lady Di has been left in limbo. She should have whelped nine days ago.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    Have to agree with you. Though, it's better than the alternative of snakegate/bingate/coldcutsgate being the major storylines of the month.

Nancy's epilepsy, and 'thing' with Dexter was dropped.

It's not like Nancy's epilepsy was dropped; she's got the condition and it was introduced... and presumably put on the back burner for later on.
  • Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not like Nancy's epilepsy was dropped; she's got the condition and it was introduced... and presumably put on the back burner for later on.

It's like David Platt in Coronation Street.

There was the storyline where he had his fit(s) and the condition was diagnosed; then we saw it on screen again last year (?) when he collapsed in the park when he was out with Lily and Max.

I don't wish to offend anybody as I'm extremely clueless on the subject but I'm guessing taking the medication means relapses are few and far between?
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Masood's 5 minute long breakdown was a real missed opportunity. The character was finally becoming interesting and then one episode he had a shave and put on a clean shirt and was back to normal again. A waste.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Masood's 5 minute long breakdown was a real missed opportunity. The character was finally becoming interesting and then one episode he had a shave and put on a clean shirt and was back to normal again. A waste.

I liked drunk Masood, they should have explored it more.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Lady Di gives birth next week I believe, just a wee bit overdue.
  • Options
    Louise540056Louise540056 Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I agree. I've been enjoying Eastenders since the Carter's arrived. Until the last couple of weeks! What is happening? It all seems such a mess! Loads of storylines abandoned half way through. Characters not seen for days (or weeks) at a time with no explanation.

The biggest thing for me though is the Lucy/Max thing. It's so unbelievable. Both actors look like they are almost refusing to even "act" it! Has anyone noticed Max has next to no lines? Lucy talks to him and he just stares at her like he'd rather be anywhere than listening to her. Where's his voice hiding?
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »

I do agree with that.
    Also Sharon's 5 minute Phil forgiveness. I assume there's more to come but the reveal was done in 2 episodes!
  • Options
    ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hit the nail on the head!

This is what I feel has left EastEnders feeling a bit incomplete to what it should be.

The potential is there, it just isn't being executed and explored properly.

I'd have loved them to have taken Masood down a darker path for much longer. It was very interesting!

I'm a massive fan of Stacey's character, but her return was admittedly dragged FAR too long and got a little bit messy with the back and forth-ness of it, but I can understand the situation DTC was in because Janine was in prison. I don't think it excuses the return story though to clear Stacey's name. It could have been done more quickly and not have been sort of, a tangled mess. We're through it now I suppose and I can't wait for Stacey's return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    I do agree with that.
    Also Sharon's 5 minute Phil forgiveness. I assume there's more to come but the reveal was done in 2 episodes!

Is she playing him??? She was going to have 100% of the business but as always King Philth managed to stop that apart from that it's as if she is fine with it.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Is she playing him??? She was going to have 100% of the business but as always King Philth managed to stop that apart from that it's as if she is fine with it.

I really hope that's the long game for Sharon. If not I'll climb through the telly and slap her myself!
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I am loving the show since DTC took over, they do seem to be operating a "characters of the week" type policy where certain characters are at the forefront of the weeks storylines before either disappearing or taking a back seat the following week. As mentioned, we've had the Stacey return saga, Kat and Alfie's troubles, the death of Nick Cotton and the return of Carl's family all being main story arcs for a week or so before another storyline takes precedence the following week. Carol's cancer storyline seems to be the only one that develops each week.

While new stories each week do keep the show feeling fresh, there's also the danger of viewers losing track of plots if there's too long a gap between them being developed. As someone pointed out, we don't know how Alfie is making money now. Also, how is Jake paying his rent now that he's jobless too. Where is Cora and Dexter? Why haven't Carl's family come back yet? Did Nikki go on a long haul flight and forget to reboard for the return leg of the journey? Maybe they're all hanging out in the R&R with Mo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member

I cant see how she is going to fleece him he's hardly going to sign his other businesses over to her is he.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant see how she is going to fleece him he's hardly going to sign his other businesses over to her is he.

Do something dodgy with the books and take chunks of cash out of the business, putting it in a secret personal bank account? Then sell her half to someone he hates or threaten to dob him into the police for covering up Carl's murder if he doesn't sign over his half?
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I've been enjoying Eastenders since the Carter's arrived. Until the last couple of weeks! What is happening? It all seems such a mess! Loads of storylines abandoned half way through. Characters not seen for days (or weeks) at a time with no explanation.

The biggest thing for me though is the Lucy/Max thing. It's so unbelievable. Both actors look like they are almost refusing to even "act" it! Has anyone noticed Max has next to no lines? Lucy talks to him and he just stares at her like he'd rather be anywhere than listening to her. Where's his voice hiding?
    BIB I noticed this. Hetti Bywater looked really awkward as if she didn't want to be with Max. I think this was bad acting more than part of the story. Also it seems different storys / characters are taking turns every couple of weeks while others disappear. It's off putting and easy to get fed up with the stories. As someone said people will lose track of the different storylines.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the 'absences' are understandable though, e.g. Cindy Jr as the actress is obviously still at school and on reduced hours. With Kat also, we know that Jessie started rehearsing for 'Fings Ain't Wot They Used T'Be this week and appeared on This Morning last Friday, so may well have filmed her last EE scenes for a while the week before. In the run up to that she'd have needed time to learn her lines for 'Fings, which may explain why she isn't appearing much at the minute. Despite that, it is surprising that characters haven't discussed those that are off screen. It seems mad that Kat would run around London looking for Stacey, commit perjury to get her to come home and then not even visit her in prison. Presumably Bianca and Kat each have a day or something each off a week - why couldn't Terry ask Bianca why she was working on a particular day and Bianca say that she was covering for Kat because she'd gone to visit Stacey. Kat also mentioned she had to go back to court in a few weeks but that's evaporated for the moment. She could have at least told Bianca on Monday that she'd received notice of her court date.

I'm presuming that something might go wrong between Mas and Jane to send him on the dark path again, or it happens when he discovers Shabnam's secret, so I'm not surprised that that has taken a back seat.

With Nancy's epilepsy also, we know that she wanted to go into the army but that the epilepsy prevented her from doing so. I'm guessing it'll be brought back up when she discovers that Lee doesn't want to go back.

The only thing wrong with Carol's S/L - I believe she had her gene test done on the NHS and Sonia and Bianca's was done privately. Yet both sets of results took about the same time to come back.

Surprising that Nikki hasn't been texting David to threaten to spill the beans or anything like that. He deleted her number but we didn't see him block the number.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked drunk Masood, they should have explored it more.

They will be, the actor said that Masood won't just get over it overnight. It will be picked up again in the near future.