Do you prefer to have a bath or take a shower?

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    both, shower in the morning and when i`m off out, bath if i`m sick, cold or aching.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    We don't have a bath in our house anymore. The only bath was in the main bathroom, the two en-suites have showers. I've just ripped the bath out and replaced it with a shower. I think baths are a bit unhygeinic.
  • Raring_to_goRaring_to_go Posts: 20,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I removed the bath years ago and replaced it with a shower cubicle, it’s more economical and hygienic.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shower all the way, refreshing and wakes you up.

Out of curiosity for those who have had baths removed, doesn't it reduce the re-sale value of your property (if you're in a family-sized house) or does that not matter/make a difference to you or to the market these days?
  • Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

Out of curiosity for those who have had baths removed, doesn't it reduce the re-sale value of your property (if you're in a family-sized house) or does that not matter/make a difference to you or to the market these days?

Not really , quite a lot of people after buying a property have a new Bathroom fitted and most have a new kitchen. Being a Plumber before I retired I should Know. Just like those who bought their Council House have a new Front Door fitted:).
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i can`t imagine how awful it would have been to not be able to hop in a salt bath a few times a day after i had my babies.
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For actual cleaning purposes...a shower.
    If I am stressed, got a headache or had a mare of a day then a bath...with a book and a glass of wine of course!
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like baths, but I don't fit in mine, so I always take showers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With the increasing cost of energy in can actually be a bonus to remove the bath in a family-sized home.

There was a time when there was seven working adults in the household, a daily bath was just totally out of the question :)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the increasing cost of energy in can actually be a bonus to remove the bath in a family-sized home.

There was a time when there was seven working adults in the household, a daily bath was just totally out of the question :)
    Most people aren't going to shower a new-born baby or a toddler though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people aren't going to shower a new-born baby or a toddler though :)

The baby always had it’s own plastic bath or the kitchen sink as an alternative..... :cool:
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    shower in the morning, bath at night.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o Not surprised. Bath night was always once a week when I was growing up.
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I detest showers so much that I wont stay at a hotel ( not even for one night ) if it hasn't got a bath.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Shower. It must be a pain in the butt running late and having to wait for the bath to fill. I don't mind them but I've nearly always just had a shower.
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    I absolutely LOVE getting baths but hate, hate, hate drying myself...it takes me forever!

I have a cheat for this! If you stick your legs and arms out of the water for a couple of minutes before the end and then stay in the bath whilst it's emptying, you dry off and can get out mostly clear :)

I like both, but I have a bugbear about people who say having a bath is 'sitting in your own dirt'. 1) the colour of water is mostly soap, not dirt - when you shower you don't see clumps of muck coming off, 2) it's good for you anyway.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer to have a long soak in the back with some nice relaxing bubble bath and scented candles. I only do that on a sunday evening, though, because it's quicker to shower for the rest of the week.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a cheat for this! If you stick your legs and arms out of the water for a couple of minutes before the end and then stay in the bath whilst it's emptying, you dry off and can get out mostly clear :)

I like both, but I have a bugbear about people who say having a bath is 'sitting in your own dirt'. 1) the colour of water is mostly soap, not dirt - when you shower you don't see clumps of muck coming off, 2) it's good for you anyway.

I don't believe people are that dirty these days, anyway. It's not like years ago when people could only afford a bath once a week or less.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy both, I do quite like laying down in the bath for a bit, that's nice; but the convenience if the shower is nice too.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Showers all the way. I used to use my son's bath water after he had a bath to save water, but now he is older he has showers now .
  • spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a previous correspondent said I too will not book a hotel room if there is no bathtub. I use a bath to get relief from muscular aches and pains.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanx for voting shower still seems to be trouncing this haha

I suspected it would.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually shower, its quicker and saves a bit on the water bill. I do like a long soak in the bath with a book occasionally.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shower every morning and also after exercise. I regularly have steam baths and saunas.

But I have not had a ie in bath for maybe 30 years.
  • Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,030
    Forum Member
    I like both but at the moment, due to a problem with my joints, I find it difficult to get out of the bath so just use the shower now and I especially like it because of the different shower patterns it's got (5).
    Also I don't like washing my hair, which is quite long, when I'm having the shower. I wear a shower cap so I have to do it seperately. What do other people with long hair do?