5 Thoughts - Launch Show

Comments

• Sarah777Sarah777 Posts: 5,060
    Forum Member
    katt wrote: »
    1) love Oti

2) feel sorry for Tristan

3) happy that Aliona has been given someone under the age of 40!

4) Giovanni gives me the creeps :o (sorry)

5) who is Kevin sleeping with?? 3 potential good un in 3 series?? seriously unfair!!

Agree with you about no 5.
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a good way to be subtly racist without being called on it.

What a load of rubbish. Because I put quotation marks around someone's name, that means I'm racist?
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katt wrote: »
    5) who is Kevin sleeping with?? 3 potential good un in 3 series?? seriously unfair!!

You could say the same about Pasha - Chelsee, Kimberley, Rachel and Caroline !
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    1. The pairings seemed to be designed to make life easier for the couples - and maybe save money on travelling expenses. (Karen & Kevin/ Aliasz and Janette based in London with London based celebs) Carol Kirkwood is Salford based - Countdown is filmed in Salford so pairing with Pasha is obvious
    2. Kristina getting Daniel is close to Flavia getting Russell Grant - presumably for the obvious reason.
    3. Lot of taller men this year - height differences might be a factor
    4. Will the studio audience be flooded with elderly Irish ladies all muttering "Daniel" under their breath
    5. Will "Is Gleb single" replace "Is Aiden Turner single" as the No 1 question on Google in the UK
  • AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Really enjoyed the show and so happy Strictly is back!
    2. Felt so sorry for Jay, I hope he conquers his nerves
    3. Jamelia so annoying, but I love Tristan
    4. Thought Helen was a bit rude the way she said she thought she'd get Anton
    5. Interesting pairings and potentially some surprises maybe?

Yes I thought that was awkward - and I dont think she was too thrilled to be with Alijaz either
    could have been nerves I suppose
  • AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trio1 wrote: »
    1. Helen George is either very very shy or was a bit disappoijted getting Aljaz.

2. I wonder who Jamelia really didn't want to be paired with??? Brendan perhaps? I'm dying to know!

3. Even though I think Anton is too past his peak to ever win, his joy at getting Katie was nice. And she seems bubbly so they will hopefully have a blast together.

4. Pascha won last year so he was always going to get Carol (hence Antons premature celebrations in the background). But he knew that himself, and Carol seems to be an utter delight.

5. Claudia is just what this show needed.

I didnt like her comment about knowing who she wanted and who she did not want..... whoever it was that she really wanted, it certainly was not Tristan, and I think the feeling is mutual
  • BruciesChinBruciesChin Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    1 Over scripted - I know Tess can't ad lib but it really does limit the show
    2 Stop with the over done humour it's so contrived
    3 Peter / Kelly / Jamelia stood out
    4 Good bunch of new professionals
    5 Can't wait to watch training videos

Spot on.
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    1) Anton has never received a score above 7 from any judge for a party Latin dance; that could change week 1 with Katie by the looks of it! :o

2) I can't tell whether I find Iwan's constant "tighter clothes, tighter, ah heck, remove 'em completely" act funny or deeply annoying; we get it, you're fit.

3) Oti, please don't let 2) extend to Anthony in the coming weeks.

4) Jay looked like a resin figurine in the group dance, and with Tess and Claudia; that wasn't expected, although most likely nerves.

5) I can't believe it, but I'm going to be unironically voting for Anton this year, Katie's fab. #YearOfTheAnton
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah777 wrote: »
    1) Feel sorry for Tristan and Natalie
    2) Happy for Aliona and Oti
    3) Still not a fan of Claudia
    4) Hope Jamelia is first to leave.
    5) Bring back Zoe Ball.

Oh don't say that! I can't suffer the trauma of losing Tristan early again :(
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Amethyzt wrote: »
    Yes I thought that was awkward - and I dont think she was too thrilled to be with Alijaz either
    could have been nerves I suppose

Having done my background work (interviews, red carpet event), it seems that she is really shy and doesn't know how to react as herself before a camera.

And as for Anton, she already said on the red carpet event (shot a day earlier) that she really wanted to be paired with Anton (hey, she had a Darcey poster also, so weird idols and stuff, lol!).

She seems like someone who has the ability to say stuff without realising how it comes across (in the way it is said). Mind you, I have that sometimes myself so I can understand.

Will be interesting to see Aljaz dealing with that, as his previous two partners were craving for the attention.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Peter or Jamelia to win.

2. Gleb.

3. Best opening group dance ever (not saying much but thinking of recent years :D)

4. Judges' comments had all the sincerity of reading from an autocue.

5. Oti.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    1. Oti :blush:

2. The camera work on the group dance was abysmal

3. Tristan and Gleb didn't seem pleased with their partners

4. Helen has a nice set of pins (would love to see her Jive, even though she says that latin is not her thing due to her locked hips).

5. Best moment of the launch show was Claudia as a DJ :D
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    1) The opening group dance was great.
    2) I love Oti.
    3) I think I'll love Karen with Jeremy, she works well with not so talented dancers.
    4) all pairings seem quite well fitted.
    5) Oti 😍
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    I didnt like her comment about knowing who she wanted and who she did not want..... whoever it was that she really wanted, it certainly was not Tristan, and I think the feeling is mutual

Out of curiosity, what made you think that Jamelia didn't want Tristan? :) I thought she looked genuinely ecstatic to get him, though I agree that he didn't look particularly thrilled to be paired with her...
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    1) Anton has never received a score above 7 from any judge for a party Latin dance; that could change week 1 with Katie by the looks of it! :o

I wouldn't go placing any bets on that, if I were you. ;-)
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    1. Stop shoving Gleb down my throat!! (if you get my drift)
    2.They all seem so NICE.
    3.WHY WHY WHY did you vote for Flackers, British public? WHY?
    4.Did Dave Arch get introduced properly? Did I miss that?
    5.Jeremy Vine wheels the kids out at a very early stage. Hmmm.
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go placing any bets on that, if I were you. ;-)

Nothing will burst my impenetrable bubble of Katie positivity! :D I'm the natural counterbalance to Queenie. :p
  • TootlesTheTaxiTootlesTheTaxi Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Helen doesn't really suit long hair
    I must be really old because I remember Kellie Bright from T-Bag!
    Jeremy seems nicer than I thought
    I still fancy Tristan
    I love Natalie
  • SilarmySilarmy Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    1) Claudia is the best DJ ever!!! :D:D:D
    2) Caroline wasn't very good. :(
    3) Tristan, Ola and Gleb seemed disappointed with their partners.
    4) For a second, Jamelia was kind of nice, saying that she was going to let the judges judge her without her butting in. That was until she said that she would only do it on the condition that the judges were nice to her. >:(
    5) The group dance was a mess!!! WHAT KIND OF FILMIMNG WAS THAT?!?!?! >:(>:(>:( (But Katie, Helen, Jamelia, Kellie and Peter were good! Jay was a bit disappointing. :()
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    1. The pairings seemed to be designed to make life easier for the couples - and maybe save money on travelling expenses. (Karen & Kevin/ Aliasz and Janette based in London with London based celebs) Carol Kirkwood is Salford based - Countdown is filmed in Salford so pairing with Pasha is obvious
    2. Kristina getting Daniel is close to Flavia getting Russell Grant - presumably for the obvious reason.
    4. Will the studio audience be flooded with elderly Irish ladies all muttering "Daniel" under their breath
    5. Will "Is Gleb single" replace "Is Aiden Turner single" as the No 1 question on Google in the UK

N5.....the ladies will be extremely disapointed to find that he's married :D:D and has an adorable little girl.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Interesting how we all see things differently. .I didn't find any harm in her comment. ..she came across really well imo ( which pleasantly surprised me )
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what made you think that Jamelia didn't want Tristan? :) I thought she looked genuinely ecstatic to get him, though I agree that he didn't look particularly thrilled to be paired with her...

I wondered the same thing - I thought it looked like Jamelia was thrilled as she had been hoping for Tristan, but he struggled to look happy. Which seemed weird as I thought he'd be a lot happier to finally get a partner under 50 who can move.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    I wondered the same thing - I thought it looked like Jamelia was thrilled as she had been hoping for Tristan, but he struggled to look happy. Which seemed weird as I thought he'd be a lot happier to finally get a partner under 50 who can move.

Tristan did kiss Jamelia on the cheek - twice I think - after they were paired and as they went up the stairs. Maybe it just seemed low-key compared to his apparent glee last year with the Irish lady. I liked Jamelia last night and didn't see anything wrong with her comments - she didn't name WHO she didn't want and later said there were 3 on her "wish list" and Tristan sort of joked about that - I guess wondering if he was her 3rd choice or something. Girl can dance!
  • MaggieMcGeeMaggieMcGee Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    :D He's not my cup of tea (and neither is Aiden Turner) but this made me titter.
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    Tristan did kiss Jamelia on the cheek - twice I think - after they were paired and as they went up the stairs. Maybe it just seemed low-key compared to his apparent glee last year with the Irish lady. I liked Jamelia last night and didn't see anything wrong with her comments - she didn't name WHO she didn't want and later said there were 3 on her "wish list" and Tristan sort of joked about that - I guess wondering if he was her 3rd choice or something. Girl can dance!

I didn't see anything wrong with her comments either - its inevitable that there will be some pros you don't want and some you are hoping for - she was just honest about it :) I liked her a lot more than I was expecting and I don't think Tristan's reaction was terrible or anything - he may have just gone into shock at getting someone who can move after all these years :D I think they'll be great together.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Having done my background work (interviews, red carpet event), it seems that she is really shy and doesn't know how to react as herself before a camera.

And as for Anton, she already said on the red carpet event (shot a day earlier) that she really wanted to be paired with Anton (hey, she had a Darcey poster also, so weird idols and stuff, lol!).

She seems like someone who has the ability to say stuff without realising how it comes across (in the way it is said). Mind you, I have that sometimes myself so I can understand.

Will be interesting to see Aljaz dealing with that, as his previous two partners were craving for the attention.

I'm a Helen fan, so I'm biased, but she did say that she isn't used to being herself in front of the cameras, so she was probably very nervous.