Options

Series 5/1/31/Fnarg- Episode One- The Eleventh Hour-BBC One 6:20pm- Discussion Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
Forum Member
Thought I would start early:)

What did you think of the episode? 1351 votes

Very Good
67% 908 votes
Good
18% 254 votes
Average
6% 92 votes
Poor
3% 45 votes
Very Poor
3% 52 votes

Comments

• Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    Where's the poll?

I want to vote that it's poor! :p
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Where's the poll?

I want to vote that it's poor! :p

Sadly, you can rest assured, someone is sat here reading this, thinking exactly that :rolleyes:

Anyway, woooo, excitement!

Matt! Karen! Sophie from Peep Show! Zainab from Eastenders! New theme! New titles! New everything!

God, I can't wait any longer.... will 6:20 Saturday never come?! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Sadly, you can rest assured, someone is sat here reading this, thinking exactly that :rolleyes:

Matt! Karen! Sophie from Peep Show! Zainab from Eastenders! New theme! New titles! New everything!

I'm quite aware someone is thinking that - wouldn't have said it if I didn't know someone would

And I think you meant Debbie from Beautiful People! ;)

I'm actually not looking forward to the new titles and theme. If I don't like them, it will put me in a negative frame of mind for the show. I wish they'd hold off on them until the second. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didnt think there was new titles. Just the old one revamped with the new logo?
    I really cant wait to see this episode. I cant wait to see Matt and Karen in action, the new TARDIS in the flesh, just everything. David Tennant? Whos that?
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring on the Matt Smith era at long last as we usher in Doctor 11

David who? :D

Good luck to Matt, Karen and the crew for the new start and here's to hoping to a long stay in the Tardis for Matt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »

No, it won't, I have time locked the world *Insert evil Master laugh* :eek::D
  • Options
    Stev0Stev0 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exciting to think it's just a matter of hours now :)
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    No, it won't, I have time locked the world *Insert evil Master laugh* :eek::D

*throws White-Point-Star* Mwahaha, I'll escape!

For Gallifrey! For victory! For the Matt Smith era ITSELF! :D
  • Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have overloaded on Doctor Who all day (still doing it now) - bought the whole series 1 - 4 dvds tonight & I ain't stopping there because I think I will explode before 1820hrs :o
  • Options
    BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been thinking about anything but Doctor Who so the week hasnt dragged on and will do the same tomorow... hopefully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ive been re-watching Series 1-4 this week so it hasnt been so bad, but its been bad enough. Thank god its on today!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didnt think there was new titles. Just the old one revamped with the new logo?

That's what was shown at the press launch and other screenings, but the titles and feem toon have been completely redone. They'll be seen for the first time in public later today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16 hours 59 minuets to go
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Smith was rubbish wasn't he.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amy's skirt was too long. I think they blew the CGI budget lengthening it in post-production. Still, that was no reason for the Doctor to say to her, "Well, I guess you'll do, but just so you know, you're no Rose Tyler. No companion will ever compare to her and frankly I wish you'd all just leave me alone with that shower photo she doesn't know I have."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moffat and his *Insert as appropriate* Agenda :rolleyes:
  • Options
    leatha4leatha4 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Don't like him.:yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moffat and his *Insert as appropriate* Agenda :rolleyes:

'Straight' agenda I think you must have meant to insert.

I'm already sick of having see through floors and micro skirts rammed down my throat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    leatha4 wrote: »
    'Straight' agenda I think you must have meant to insert.

I'm already sick of having see through floors and micro skirts rammed down my throat.

Moffat's comments on the skirt (reality intrudes) when asked about being the first straight producer of Doctor Who since 1979
    Well I already KNEW it. I know all the Doctor Who fan facts. I was thinking "first straight man here." What I loved best about that was when there was quite a lot of press about Amy's short skirts and they're all saying "that's Steven Moffat..." It's not! It's the bloody gays! It's got nothing to do with me! Like I spend an awful lot of time in the costume truck. Like it's actually me when she turns up in a cold Welsh graveyard in hotpants! I'm straight on the phone saying "we've got to put in dialogue about that!" so we put a running joke about her hotpants in. No. It's not me! If I want to see girls' legs I don't need to executive produce Doctor Who to do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I suppose he's entitled to his opnion, as long at the see through floor doesn't get wet.

I've given up hope for the shirts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait till tonight just tryin to think of things to do to pass the time
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leatha4 wrote: »
    I've given up hope for the shirts.

what shirts? :confused:
  • Options
    Stev0Stev0 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Details here too of the first new "Confidential" on after the Ep :) it's not quite an hour as we all thought and we're getting a "cribs" style tour of the new Tardis :D

"Doctor Who Confidential - 7:25pm to 8:10pm

Call Me the Doctor:

Behind-the-scenes look at the making of Doctor Who, capturing all the backstage treats from Matt Smith's first action-packed episode and giving a real 'getting to know you' taster of life as The Doctor. There's a Cribs-style tour of the TARDIS with Matt and production designer Edward Thomas, a glimpse of the episode 1 read-through and an insight into life on set as the nation's favourite Time Lord. Narrated by Alex Price and featuring interviews with Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Steven Moffat. With Matt Smith, and Karen Gillan."
  • Options
    Jakes_stuffJakes_stuff Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zainab from Eastenders is in it???
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zainab from Eastenders is in it???

and Margret from One Foot in thr Grave!:D