Leicester City Supporters Thread

Comments

• Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe a few more goals. These 1-0 are so boring.

Maybe the repetitiveness of the scorleine, but I don't think that any of the games that Leicester are involved in are boring.

High energy, plenty of play in the attacking thirds, exciting
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    Maybe the repetitiveness of the scorleine, but I don't think that any of the games that Leicester are involved in are boring.

High energy, plenty of play in the attacking thirds, exciting

Yellowlabia must be joking. It was a highly entertaining game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yellowlabia must be joking. It was a highly entertaining game.

Yeah, exactly
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope Leicester can win title even though i don't support them it would be an incredible achievement. I just wish i could see them in the champions league but unless someone knows a good streaming site because im not paying for bt sport.
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Really hope Leicester can win title even though i don't support them it would be an incredible achievement. I just wish i could see them in the champions league but unless someone knows a good streaming site because im not paying for bt sport.
    Use Plus Net as your ISP and you get BT from £7 a month, £12 for HD.

I used to have your view, refusing to have Sky Sports as I didn't want to be paying for Rooney etc's huge salaries but in the end I realised me not paying Sky had absolutely zero effect on him, and only me + my kids were missing out. It takes a nationwide revolt to make a difference, and there isn't going to be one.

I'm sure there are loads of streaming sites out there anyway.
  • DonkeyKonk2DonkeyKonk2 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Just need nine more points...

😎
  • OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,483
    Forum Member
    This is shocking, hope LCFC can sort this out, and fast. Feel gutted for the true fans of your club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36020849
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orchideam wrote: »
    This is shocking, hope LCFC can sort this out, and fast. Feel gutted for the true fans of your club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36020849

A bit tragic that some have chosen to cash in. I do know of Season Ticket Holders who never imagined we would be in this situation and have unbreakable commitments to Weddings, Milestone Birthday Parties etc. miles away from Leicester.

A Capacity of 32500

23500 Season Ticket Holders
    2000 Hospitality
    3300 Away fans
    1500 Gold Memberships (Priority Number One)
    500 Family Memberships (1 x Adult, 1 x Under 18, Priority Number Two)

After all of that there was never going to be many left. Other than magically doubling the size of the stadium there was no way they were going to keep everyone happy.

The one criticism I have of the club is that they were still selling Silver and City, Third and Fourth priority, memberships up until a couple of weeks ago.

Wow you know you've made it when you get your own thread in the football section of DS!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Members know that they aren't guaranteed a ticket and they only get offered them if seats available, but as you say, the shame is that people are cashing in on them.
    All season tickets holders will get to be there and as you say it's not right really that have only joined recently may get in. Saying that, they could also be life long Leicester fans who attend when they can and have never previously needed to be a member in order to have a chance to get a ticket for individual games so they have joined up now for next season...
  • DoctorMuffDoctorMuff Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Not meaning to rush this season out of the way already but I think Leicester need to keep the core of this team going forward. Use additional status/funds to attract better players but I hope for their sake they don't get giddy and make wholesale changes to the squad and end up losing the core that was so successful this year and end up with a team trying to bed in too many players.
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the team stays together then who knows what the future holds in store. Maybe a regular top six finish. But the summer will probably see the dismantling of the side that has seen them soar to new heights this season. And that will be a shame. Leicester city cant win. Players will leave even though the club has been successful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I note that the above poster has now moved to the Tottenham thread to carry on the charade
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: I offered a thoughtful reply to his points but there's no point conversing with a troll. So, deleted.
    Forum Member
    EDIT: I offered a thoughtful reply to his points but there's no point conversing with a troll. So, deleted.
    No point, and anyway he's been 100% wrong on all counts so far, even down to knowing which club he does actually support.
  • CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member

He's a blatant wind up merchant, how is he allowed constantly get away with it? completely derailing any thread he posts in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good man. I was going to say there's no point in answering him directly but who am I to tell Grim Fandango what to do?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    No point, and anyway he's been 100% wrong on all counts so far, even down to knowing which club he does actually support.

Yes, possibly the least knowledgeable person on the whole forum when it comes to football. Back to ignoring him
  • MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumps surprisingly tumbleweedy thread* :D

Congratulations to Riyad Mahrez for his PFA Player of the Year award last night. Must be especially good to be recognised by your fellow pros. He's in good complany, and joins Peter Shilton and Gary Linkeer (both long left the club when they won their awards) for a job well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should we lay on an open top bus tour for Tony Pulis? :cool:
  • CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    leicester City are going to win the league

Is this real life? :D:)
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    I had Harry K as my triple captain in FF but being an Arsenal supporter I was delighted he didn't score :) . Like the rest of the country I'm dead chuffed that Leicester are going to win the premier league, true fairy tale stuff and I hope some of you had a pound or two on the winners at the right price.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question to Leicester fans from me - how much credit should Nigel Pearson get for Leicester's current success?
    Forum Member
    For me, about 49%. He created the team during the League 2 promotion campaign and built on it to storm the Championship. He also moved that same core on into the PL, including the 5-3 over MU, and guided them eventually to mid-table safety altho there are stories that the turnaround started when he told the players to play as they wished as they were as good as down by then. He signed Fuchs, but was gone before Fuchs arrived.

Ranieri gets the slight majority of the credit as he's subtly moved the team on; he changed the gung-ho we score more than you approach to a more solid defensive team, he gives Kante & Mahrez pretty much free reign, and has managed the team in the media brilliantly. The players may - may - have been in this position under Pearson, but Pearson would have blown up by now if he'd continued as he was last year. I love the bloke, Pearson, but with the beauty of 100% hindsight moving him on was a good move, even if I didn't agree at the time. It's not as if sacking Pearson last June meant that we all thought that blew Leicester's chances of winning the league.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot. Effectively Ranieri has inherited Pearson's team and taken them on to another level, keeping the team spirit and the basic style of play. That they were rooted at the bottom up until March 2015 now looks the anomaly, not this season's incredible run. People look for similarities in football to the Leicester "phenomenon" - for me I'd go to another sport - cycling - and the small/incrmental improvements philosophy and method associated with Dave Brailsford and the UK Cycling Squad and Team Sky.

What sets Ranieri apart from previous managers of small teams (I'm thinking Revie at Leeds, Clough at Derby and then Forest, and Alf Ramsay/Bobby Robson at Ipswich) is that he's taken over at a fairly late stage in the project. His genius is to fine tune and motivate the club to the next level or several, something that I'm persuaded only he could do - his age, track record and personality so totally different from Pearson's - he's just been the perfect manager for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A sentence I never thought I'd write for all sorts of reasons.:o :cool:

The Daily Mail very astute in identifying those responsible for Leicester's success.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3563184/Leicester-stand-brink-remarkable-Premier-League-title-men-success.html

Says it all for me.