Options

HELP with problem on new vu+ 4k sat box

HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have the new vu+4k sat box and it was fine for 2 days,now when i power up it goes thru the usual start up searching for gui screen then tv screen goes blank and the front panel on the vu box just shows the incorrect date and time in the top right hand corner of screen the remote control won't do anything the only way to power down is to switch off from the switch on back of the box.can anyone advise please ( dealer not open till tuesday)

Comments

• Options
    sheernesssheerness Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Hi there
    I have just seen your post i don't know if there is an issue with the last update?
    reason being that Friday there was an software update and after rebooting we was having problems with the box becoming unresponsive very slow in changing channels bringing up menus and playback of recordings was awful stop start stop start, and the LCD screen had changed completely, we did try to roll back the software but was getting error message saying this software was not supported yet? anywho after a few reboots later with the latest vix update the box has now sorted it self out and is stable, ;-)
    maybe you should try and roll back the software or re-flash and see if that cures the issue?

I have had my box since Wednesday apart from that little blip the box is gr8 defo recommend it good investment

Dom.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply but I have no idea what you mean by rollback or reflash I can't do anything with the box other than switch it t off from the back panel switch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vu+ solo 4k box was collected by the makers on tuesday and returned in fine working order on thursday .Good service from them,only problem they did not put a note in box saying what was wrong. Not to worry great to have it back working well
  • Options
    Staden321Staden321 Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hia, I'm new to this site but active on many others. I'm thinking of upgrading my box I'm running a openbox v8s
    What are the vu soLos like I can't make my mind up which box to buy .
    Does vu have Internet access and presume your running a cline. Hope I haven't annoyed you. Thanks
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Staden321 wrote: »
    Hia, I'm new to this site but active on many others. I'm thinking of upgrading my box I'm running a openbox v8s
    Does vu have Internet access and presume your running a cline. Hope I haven't annoyed you. Thanks

Illegal activities involving clines and cardsharing cannot be discussed on this forum. Take your illegal activities elsewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Won't happen again I apologise, never meant to offend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the vu+ solo 4k for about a month or so in that time it has been back to vu twice because of serious lockdowns and esch time it has come back with different software. would not advise this model which is a shame as the picture quality is fantastic