Circle Pad Pro for "10p" with Resi: Revelations - exclusive to Zavvi

MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
Forum Member
✭✭
OK, as you know I hate the stick, but apparently, it will be exclusively available in the UK from Zavvi's online store, bundled with Resi Evil: Revelations.

Now, I was planning on buying the game, but not the stick - however, the version with the stick is only 10p more than the game itself. £29.85 v £29.95...

At that price, I might just go for it.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/nintendo-3ds/elysium.search?searchFilters=TmludGVuZG8gM0RTI2RlcGFydG1lbnQ6Z2FtZXNcL3BsYXRmb3Jtc1wvbmludGVuZG9cLTNkcyE%3D&search=resident+evil

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Me too, you wouldn't believe how much I despise the Circle Pad Pro. I certainly won't be using it anyway.

Not a single Resident Evil game to date has made use of a second analogue stick in any meaningful way so why now? And why on a console that doesn't officially support it? It makes no sense to me when Resi Evil Mercs 3D already controls near perfect as it is (as did the Revelations demo).

I have seen this package and it's too good to pass up I'll admit, it's a lovely package and I have it on preorder myself, for 10p extra you may as well.

The game is gonna be superb though, said to be a real return to form for Resi Evil. :)
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My theory is that they made the circle pad pro in order to get the two Monster Hunters on their system.

Judging by the sales (the 3DS is currently outselling the PS Vita 7-1 in Japan) it was possibly a good decision?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the circle pad was bundled free with resident evil or have nintendo backed on that offer
    Forum Member
    Here's a complete video walkthrough of the recently released demo from the Japanese E-Shop..

not long to go now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30OhyOesrek
    Forum Member
    Playable demo now available on the eShop!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this threads not really about it but I have to post just to say how much I loved playing that demo.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I agree, the demo was fantastic. I've already played it through about 5 times. The graphics are the best I've seen on 3DS so far, I love the way Capcom have allowed us to ramp up the 3D to whatever suits us, all developers should do that imo. I'm really liking the deep 3D effect and that room with the smoke? gorgeous. The gameplay felt really responsive, I just upped the sensitivity on the 1st person aiming and it felt very similar to Mercs 3D.

This definitely feels like a return to form for Resi Evil, the ammo is scarce, the enemies are tough and the gameplay it's pretty tense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Damn, wish I'd seen this, it's gone up to £39.95 now :cry:

The demo was amazing. Will definitely be getting it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads up, Zavvi have increased the price of the stick version by £10, but luckily, the price of my pre-order remains the same. I'm paranoid, though, so I'm checking it daily.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zavvi have just confirmed the dispatch of the game to me. Price still 29.95. Phew!
    Forum Member
    Has anyone who ordered this game from Zavvi received their copy yet? I actually cancelled mine as I don't know them and wanted to get the game early from ShopTo instead as I really don't care for the CPP. That didn't happen in the end so I decided to buy it from the shops today but it wasn't even in any of the supermarkets (Morrisons or Tescos). Strange...

I'll probably be picking it up from town tomorrow now so long as the price isn't silly. It's been getting some great reviews though, a true return to form for the series and the graphics are just incredible. In this game you can really tell the 3DS has a higher resolution than the Vita PPI as it's incredibly sharp and detailed. The graphics wouldn't look out of place on current gen machines. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got mine from Zavvi today. However, as I made the silly mistake of not charging my 3DS overnight, I haven't actually tried it yet.

Also to note, the EU version of Resi doesn't have the typo on the box.

However, the CPP is as hideous looking as I imagined, and I can't see me using it much. But only the plus side, it only cost me 10p more - now, they sell the circle pad on its own for £15.85.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I kinda wished I had got it now just for the novelty factor since it was cheap at Zavvi. I wouldn't use it either, the actual pad itself is said to feel quite a bit looser to the 3DS circle pad too.
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    got the zavvi deal but dont use the CPP.

Also this resident evil game is quality!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The official site mentions that if you buy the game early, you get a 3D lenticular cover. (See bottom left)

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nintendo_3ds/resident_evil_revelations_45308.html

Well.... My cover is 2D. Has anyone seen the 3D cover or is this going to be some Club Nintendo deal thing?
  • shades8438shades8438 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    since it went on sale the cpp bundle with the game has gone up to £42.95 and i pre ordered it at 39.95. What really gets me is that they cut the prices of the game alone in the US to $40 down from $50.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MD1500 wrote: »
    The official site mentions that if you buy the game early, you get a 3D lenticular cover. (See bottom left)

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nintendo_3ds/resident_evil_revelations_45308.html

Well.... My cover is 2D. Has anyone seen the 3D cover or is this going to be some Club Nintendo deal thing?
    Do you have the cpp bundle or the normal copy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so with older pre order i save about £13 ish as the circle pro pad is like 23.95 on amazon plus 29.95 for the game on there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shades8438 wrote: »
    Do you have the cpp bundle or the normal copy?

cpp bundle
    Forum Member
    Would like to hear some impressions on this game!
    Forum Member
    I can't believe this but I went to buy this today and it's sold out everywhere. I checked HMV, Game, Gamestation, Tesco's and Morrisons. You would of thought with it being a high profile title they would of made sure they shipped enough copies. Must be flying off the shelves!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game is currently number 6 in the all-format software charts.

I tried it last night. I really find some of the effects brilliant. Certainly the best graphics on the 3DS so far. It took me a while to find a control system I liked, but I think TYPE B nails it for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who found it hard to find a copy of Revelations managed to find one in Gamestation yesterday love it so far its got a really eerie, creepy vibe to it like the old resident evil's. And raid mode is a lot of fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suck a this, never played a Resident Evil game before (I played bits of 5 in co-op with a friend, but that doesn't count).

I'm in an area with a locked door, I shoot the lock of the door and some enemy just comes flying at me, tried a bit of sneaky shooting from afar and tried the gas canisters but just can't get past this bit :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads up - tomorrow (31st) is the last day you can register the game at Club Nintendo if you want it to count towards the limited edition 3DS competition....

You have to register 2 selected 3DS games by the 31st in order to enter - this is one of them...