will big finish make war,9, 10 and 11 Big finish stories

jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
Forum Member
✭✭
will big finish make war,9, 10 and 11 Big finish stories ?

Do you think when they renew the license next year the bbc will give them a "Full license" to all of the Dr's

Im dieing for David to do some :) and for John to do a few if he would :)

and if i have one wish for a big finish story?
A Audio with a Classic dr and a New who dr :) maybe 4 and 10 :)

So Big finish if you are reading this .... please acquire that license next yr :) Whovians all over the world would love it :)

Comments

• FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I don't see that happening. However, I would love some War Doctor stories. We haven't seen much of the Time War as to full stories.

Saying this though, we also don't know much of the 9th Doctor pre-Rose. Maybe it's time we got to know him?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    I don't see that happening. However, I would love some War Doctor stories. We haven't seen much of the Time War as to full stories.

Saying this though, we also don't know much of the 9th Doctor pre-Rose. Maybe it's time we got to know him?

It's pretty heavily suggested that he had recently regenerated in Rose, so there probably wasn't much time between him and the War Doctor. Still, I'd definitely like to read/hear more 9 stuff.
  • Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty heavily suggested that he had recently regenerated in Rose, so there probably wasn't much time between him and the War Doctor. Still, I'd definitely like to read/hear more 9 stuff.
    Its such an off-hand line though, that I honestly wouldn't mind if they ignored it.
    Could've just been him commenting on his looks, not necessarily for the first time.

Plus there's all those photos in that conspiracy theorist's room.
    Though not necessarily preceding Rose I suppose.
    And the 100 year age gap between War and Nine.

OT:

Anyway, I would be particularly interested in War Doctor stories. The Audio format would really suit a horrific time war beyond human comprehension.
    They'd probably have to get a new actor in who sounded like a young John Hurt.
    Time War stuff with Eighth would be cool too.

I could take or leave Nine, Ten, and Eleven, but a multi-doctor story feature all 12 would be pretty cool.

Side Note:

Do you reckon Eccleston would even come back if he were offered?
    He apparently left because he didn't like the production methods or his time on set, but there's also the sense that he doesn't want to be tied down by the role.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"The Caves of Androzani" looked like it took place mere minutes after "The Planet of Fire", yet Big Finish managed to fit an whole series of adventures between Five and Peri, as well as stick a whole new companion in there as well. The entire premise of their Doctor Who stories is to fit adventures between whatever narrow spaces there are in the televised stories. If they wanted to, they could easily give Nine as many adventures they want before meeting Rose. Hell, they could fit those in near the end of that episode where he leaves Rose before returning.

But yeah, I would love if they one day did stories for War/Nine/Ten/Eleven. I think Big Finish has done wonderful things with the Classic characters, so I'd want them to do that with New ones too (I generally think BF has better stories on average than Classic and New). Giving the Doctors new companions, as well as the possible crossovers with the Classic series, even if it's not Multi-Doctor stories, and just monsters (like Four vs. Judoon), or with BF creations (Eleven vs. the Dalek Time Controller).

I do wonder how to would work though. I mean, Smith just left the role, so I don't think he'd be too eager to return to the role so soon. Would they wait until the New Series gets canceled, or have to wait for Capaldi to leave before they can do anything with Eleven?

I also hope they drop the romance plots between characters. I do not want to listen to 30+ stories with Ten and Rose having a Will-They-Or-Won't-They storyline when we know they won't. Nor do I want him to constantly tell whatever companion they give him how great Rose was.
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can still have 10 with Donna or Martha. Or how about Wiif? Or even Donna and Wiif together. So many companion ideas that you can mix with 10 without having to go back with the 10/Rose matchup. You can even go back and let him catchup with the bus and find the thief again.

Nine would be more difficult as we only saw him with Rose but BF has a history of finding new companions, maybe there was one before Rose we don't know about?

War Doc may not need a companion, just someone he uses to complete a mission. We heard plenty about the Time War, a lot of stories to tell.

Eleven aged so much there is plenty of room for other companions and adventures. We don't have to use Amy or Clara.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BF will never get the rights to the newer Who. It will always be the classic Who.