Options

Law And Order SVU - From The Begining

2»

Comments

• Options
    valdavalda Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Keep your eyes open around these Forums. There's a few of us that keep an eye on whats going on.

They originally announced via trailers, that Season 11 would start in the middle of last November and we all got vey excited - and then the trailers stopped. It started at the end of November in the end.

thanks UB, I'll subscribe to the fourm - keep up with all the updates :)
  • Options
    Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I watched the first one last night and recorded the second.

I thought it did actually have quite a different aura than the later ones. Not necessarily in a bad way but I didn't expect anything to be different apart from Olivia's hair!! It seems to border on lighthearted in places.

Cragan was a much happier puppy in those days :D

Olivia looked like she was trying a touch too hard but hey first day at school is always a tough one.

Munch was still a legend as the Prince of Pessimism :D

I agree however the 1st series of Law And Order itself also as a different aura to later series, starting with the Theme Tune which is a much darker arrangement of the classic theme. (Only seen s1 on DVD)

I enjoyed them though and it was good to see Abby in action without Jack breathing down her neck. We see her a few more time during this season as Alex doesn't debut until season 2.

Strange not having Fin around (also not around until season 2), I love the banter between him and Munch but John was great - especially the Kennedy Coffin thing.

One small continuity thing - Munch said he would never go back to Baltimore but he made a cameo appearance in the last season of the Wire - set in Baltimore! :D

I also forgot that Jerry Orbach's son, Chris played a minor part as Lennie's son Ken Briscoe.

Also I thought Cassidy and Jefferies had a bigger part, very much bit players but perhaps they will grow as the season continues.

I'll put this in spoilers even though they're over 10 years old
    Watch out for Lennie Briscoe and Ed Green in the first Episode tonight and just Lennie in the 2nd Episode.

Looking forward to tonight!!!!
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I agree however the 1st series of Law And Order itself also as a different aura to later series, starting with the Theme Tune which is a much darker arrangement of the classic theme. (Only seen s1 on DVD)

I enjoyed them though and it was good to see Abby in action without Jack breathing down her neck. We see her a few more time during this season as Alex doesn't debut until season 2.

Strange not having Fin around (also not around until season 2), I love the banter between him and Munch but John was great - especially the Kennedy Coffin thing.

One small continuity thing - Munch said he would never go back to Baltimore but he made a cameo appearance in the last season of the Wire - set in Baltimore! :D

I also forgot that Jerry Orbach's son, Chris played a minor part as Lennie's son Ken Briscoe.

Also I thought Cassidy and Jefferies had a bigger part, very much bit players but perhaps they will grow as the season continues.

I'll put this in spoilers even though they're over 10 years old
    Watch out for Lennie Briscoe and Ed Green in the first Episode tonight and just Lennie in the 2nd Episode.

Looking forward to tonight!!!!

I like Fin & Munch together - they really do have a love/hate relationship. As I mentioned above - when Fin called Munch the 'Prince of Pessism' in a later episode it was a proper laugh out loud moment!!

I see that last night they went for the traditional cop/donut theme :p
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see Ice T on All Star Mr and Mrs this week?

His wife is called Coco (and no doubt their kids are Ovaltine and Milky Coffee) :)

One question posed by Philip and Fern was where his character on Law and Order SVU supposedly came from.

His wife said Africa!

I had assumed it had to be Hawaii or Fiji given the character name and appearance (at least his immediate family anyhow).

Anyhow T said the correct answer was New York!
  • Options
    Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see Ice T on All Star Mr and Mrs this week?

His wife is called Coco (and no doubt their kids are Ovaltine and Milky Coffee) :)

One question posed by Philip and Fern was where his character on Law and Order SVU supposedly came from.

His wife said Africa!

I had assumed it had to be Hawaii or Fiji given the character name and appearance (at least his immediate family anyhow).

Anyhow T said the correct answer was New York!

I missed it unfortunately.

Ice T is an interesting person who has some rather strong views regarding authorities involvement in drug trafficking and corruption in general and I'd love to see him interviewed by somebody like Andrew Carr. (Don't agree with everything he says but he argues his case well)

I'm not the world's biggest Hip Hop fan but the more I read about T the more I warm to him.

I love the fact that he said he was supporting John McCain in the last Presidential Election as he thought his reputation would harm Obama - so he was going to use it to harm McCain. :D
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They had two kids on siging raps based on aspects of Ice Ts life.....On Law and Order Ice T kicks ass...etc :)

Philip Schofield also asked if he would reveal his real name.

Noooo...He growled in reply!
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    They had two kids on siging raps based on aspects of Ice Ts life.....On Law and Order Ice T kicks ass...etc :)

Philip Schofield also asked if he would reveal his real name.

Noooo...He growled in reply!

You can't blame him - Tracy Marrow is hardly butch!!