Forum Member
    Nazaneen Ghaffar on BBC South East

She gets my vote:)
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjcd1970 wrote: »
    I wondered why I hadn't seen her on Anglia for a while!

It seems you missed the bulletin where they gave her flowers and showed a montage from her time on Anglia News and the regional antiques programme Bygones.

if you have the BBC News Channel on Freeview, she normally does the local weather update during BBC Breakfast, although this week she's covering evenings for Peter Cockroft.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She normally does the afternoon/evening shift on Monday,and Breakfast on Thursday and Friday,Kate Kinsella does Monday and Tuesday Breakfast,and they seem to split Wednesday Breakfast and the Sunday bulletins between them.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth do these people only work one or two days a week (in London at least). This morning we had one of the national forecasters on, Nick somebody.It's not the most taxing job in the world, surely they could manage a five-day week like millions of other people:confused:
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    andycurly wrote: »
    how about Behnaz Akhgar (can't pronounce it) BBC Wales:D

I'll show her a wet front.
  • Options
    epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Why on earth do these people only work one or two days a week (in London at least). This morning we had one of the national forecasters on, Nick somebody.It's not the most taxing job in the world, surely they could manage a five-day week like millions of other people:confused:

In the North West (for BBC) we have:

Heather Stott- Weekday morning and lunchtime
    Dianne Oxberry- Afternoon and evening
    Eno Eruotor - Weekends, also cover for Heather and Dianne

Heather and Dianne also appear on BBC Radio Manchester. If Eno's done weekdays then a national forecaster does the weekend

For ITV Granada we have Fred Talbot and Jo Blythe, currently either could appear on any day. For cover we have either Kerrie Gosney (usual weekend person for ITV Yorkshire) or Emma Jesson (usual weekend person for ITV Central.)

I think ITV do have some freelance weather presenters to use on an ad-hoc basis, who would do other work for ITV or local radio alongside weather presenting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

Wendy's doing lates all week covering Peter Cockrofts holiday/absence,hence she wasn't on this morning. I read somewhere there were two presenters allocated to the morning shift due to changes at the BBC. Not sure why Kate can't/doesn't do Thursday/Friday if Wendy's unavailable,I think she has a family so it may be something to do with her childcare/domestic arrangements?
  • Options
    NeladNelad Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Lord, What a munter. This one would put me off my crunchy nuts of a morning :(

http://www.britishblogs.co.uk/images/517338

http://www.bapwatch.com/GMTV/kate_allen_18.jpg
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost boy wrote: »
    Amanda Houston (Anglia), particularly when she's in the news studio... Oh, and her voice could melt chocolate :o

i will second that and some of the stuff she wears is hot too;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Down here in Devon, there's one called Emily Wood:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swills wrote: »
    Our Wendy a sad, very sad loss to Anglia !:cry:

www.wendyhurrell.com

Anglia's loss was definitely London's gain. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I could watch Sarah Cruickshank on BBC Alba all day, even if I haven't got a clue what she's saying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lktt_DlpsJA

I occasionally catch her before a rugby match.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy kite from central tonight :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisc998 wrote: »
    I could watch Sarah Cruickshank on BBC Alba all day, even if I haven't got a clue what she's saying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lktt_DlpsJA

I occasionally catch her before a rugby match.

Better start watching Speaking Our Language then :D
  • Options
    StoppingServiceStoppingService Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

ITV Anglia viewers having Wendy Hurrell hunger-pangs, can still see her because the BBC News channel carries regional programming for London, throughout the UK!
    If you [tune into] the BBC News channel on Freeview [(ch.80)], she normally does the [London] local weather [during "Breakfast" at hh:26 and hh:56 on Thursdays & Fridays]...

Wendy Hurrell's CV at the BBC London mini-site.

Can I catch sight of former BBC News channel delectable, Manisha Tank by any means (without a satellite dish or subscription) in the present-day? :( I've never seen her during CNN International's hours on Freeview ch.84 or streamed on their website! :D

Regards
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know where Look East's Julie Reinger has gone?
    Okay she may not be in the league od Wendy Hurrell etc, but better than the two chaps who are currently doing the weather.
  • Options
    kernow19kernow19 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's nice too!! As is Helen McKenzie :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member

Yep, brightens my breakfast. Unfortunately only through the medium of telly and not because I am sharing it with her :(
  • Options
    pm5544pm5544 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Sarah Cruddas. Oh, yes.
  • Options
    StoppingServiceStoppingService Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Does anyone know where Look East's Julie Reinger has gone?

The last few months, she's been looking ill and losing weight. To me, she looks like someone suffering from anorexia or other serious illness.

I don't constantly phone TV broadcasters over the health of their presenters, but as Julie Reinger made a daily appearance in my life (on Look East) and "It's my BBC", I did think about phoning The Forum, Norwich to express concern for her well-being - whilst she was still on-screen. I didn't in the end, as a) the BBC/her Producer can see as well as I can, that she has a health problem, so I'm sure they'd already be trying to help if they can and b) they'd tell me (rightly) they don't dispense medical information about their presenters! I also Googled for her state of health, but found nothing.

I once saw her in person, doing a personal appearance at the Sports and Classic Car Show [sic] at Helmingham Hall Park, Suffolk.

I'm going to be careful here, to not tempt fate so... I'll just say, I wish her well and hope to see her return to my screen in the coming months. :)

Regards
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps julie picked something up when she was away for a long break abroad some time ago.

East Angular seems to have v. good weather presenters. A fine pair ( in all senses ) are ITV's Rachel Mackley and Amanda Houston. They did contrast each other well as curvy blonde and petite brunette Now however Rachel has changed her hair colour and has become a red head. Very impressive.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mb@2day wrote: »
    Perhaps julie picked something up when she was away for a long break abroad some time ago.

East Angular seems to have v. good weather presenters. A fine pair ( in all senses ) are ITV's Rachel Mackley and Amanda Houston. They did contrast each other well as curvy blonde and petite brunette Now however Rachel has changed her hair colour and has become a red head. Very impressive.

I was wondering where Julie Reinger(Jules) had gone, she's not been on Look East for a couple of months now.
    She's always looked quite thin though, hope she gets well soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaddy Lee Preston... BBC South East lol
  • Options
    fiesatafiesata Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Can I be the first to mention Shefali Oza from Midlands Today she is very curvaceous and generally gorgeous ;)

see here http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_khnBA58ed2k/ScvXUGhE5XI/AAAAAAAAGSo/NhrZbueEyoA/s400/so1.JPG
  • Options
    epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiesata wrote: »
    Can I be the first to mention Shefali Oza from Midlands Today she is very curvaceous and generally gorgeous ;)

see here http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_khnBA58ed2k/ScvXUGhE5XI/AAAAAAAAGSo/NhrZbueEyoA/s400/so1.JPG

Just thought I'd search for when she starting doing regional weather as I remember her doing it in the early 1990s, my search came back with 1993 as when she started. However, it also came up the fact that she's a news presenter now rather than a weather presenter.