Options

DS and disappearing apostrophes.Anyone else?.

U96U96 Posts: 13,937
Forum Member
✭✭
Anytime I post anything with an apostrophe in it.DS seems to be translating into something I didn't type.Even after I've edited it to correct it.
For example.I typed 'don't believe the hype'.It came out as don'tieve the hype'.
Is it just me?.

Comments

• Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Anytime I post anything with an apostrophe in it.DS seems to be translating into something I didn't type.Even after I've edited it to correct it.
    For example.I typed 'don't believe the hype'.It came out as don'tieve the hype'.
    Is it just me?.

It's just you that's having this problem. Maybe it's your browser...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    It's just you that's having this problem. Maybe it's your browser...?

Never had a problem with it before.It comes up exactly as I've typed it for 2 seconds.Then, when an advert pops up it changes to something I didn't write.
    Maybe i'll switch to Firefox and see if it can handle adverts.:(
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had a problem with it before.It comes up exactly as I've typed it for 2 seconds.Then, when an advert pops up it changes to something I didn't write.
    Maybe i'll switch to Firefox and see if it can handle adverts.:(

Sounds like the ads are screwing with how the post is being displayed... your "don't believe the hype' post on the Scottish Ref thread looks fine to me as I've got adblock installed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Sounds like the ads are screwing with how the post is being displayed... your "don't believe the hype' post on the Scottish Ref thread looks fine to me as I've got adblock installed.

Thanks Irrishguy.I'm off to install adblock.I can't have my posts coming out as shit.:p

Just tried it and it worked.Good stuff Cheers!.:)
  • Options
    Corkhead.Corkhead. Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Thanks Irrishguy.I'm off to install adblock.I can't have my posts coming out as shit.:p

Just tried it and it worked.Good stuff Cheers!.:)

Now it seems that all you have to do is sort out the problem your computer seems to have with putting spaces between the end of one sentence and the start of the next one.
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the mod's got fed up with people using apostrophe's in word's that don't need them so they have set up a filter.

EDIT: Nope, not that.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corkhead. wrote: »
    Now it seems that all you have to do is sort out the problem your computer seems to have with putting spaces between the end of one sentence and the start of the next one.

At least it's more readable than those with the opposite problem - all the spaces between sentences are removed, leaving one huge paragraph.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont see
    any problem
    at my end
    may b its ur browzr
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got them all. Here are some of them- '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''. I will kill one every hour unless someone buys me a pint.