Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leigh and Jade are at a fashion show today at London Fashion Week

Oooh, which label? Very good - glad they're making an effort to go to those things, never know who you might meet (also glad it's them as they have the best style).
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh, which label? Very good - glad they're making an effort to go to those things, never know who you might meet (also glad it's them as they have the best style).

Jean-Pierre Braganza.

There is a livestream, but the girls show they was at is now over.

pic.twitter.com/vZ8XFMub8z
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jean-Pierre Braganza.

There is a livestream, but the girls show they was at is now over.

Thanks, me likey. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pic.twitter.com/RyGzK8zIDC

Better picture of them today.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leigh is a lovely shade of colour.

Leigh is a lovely, period. They all look really good, the costumes and dancers and set look good (shame on those thinking about the leopard print the way they did). Bring on Sunday night. I expect live blogging from all of you.
    Jean-Pierre Braganza.

Little Mix are moving upward. They scored front row seats.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Baby Boy has been really ill for the past couple of days, he's finally getting better.. Literally… http://instagram.com/p/s2EBQ3OGZe/

I thought its either her bf or her pug. What was I thinking of course its Harvey. Dedicated pug owner.

Look at the press for them at the fashon show.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxVueKPIMAEujY9.jpg
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    http://files.stv.tv/imagebase/308/623x349/308220-little-mix.jpg another picture

"Salute: Little Mix are set to wow on Sunday Night at the Palladium" - please do :D

do you guys see how they have a pattern on their dancers' hair? probably a wig, but still, nice that someone's been thinking about details like that; I like their costumes too, fit the theme, I wonder if they're random female dancers, might be the mix women lol
    Forum Member
    ooh and I see the salute visuals on the background, this'll be a nice performance, might give the single that silver push, it'll be funny if it goes as high as top 20
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know that Jess Glynne has written a song for the girls yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://files.stv.tv/imagebase/308/623x349/308220-little-mix.jpg another picture

"Salute: Little Mix are set to wow on Sunday Night at the Palladium" - please do :D

do you guys see how they have a pattern on their dancers' hair? probably a wig, but still, nice that someone's been thinking about details like that; I like their costumes too, fit the theme, I wonder if they're random female dancers, might be the mix women lol

That is exactly what sets quality artists of all kinds apart from the rest, the attention to detail so things are seamless and not sloppy.

Did you also notice how their costumes and entire look are based around the theater architecture with the nod to the fantasy barbarian Roman feel? Its like they came from a Frazetta book cover.

More evidence LM are moving up: Bryan Adams and Alfie Boe are bigger names but the article pics are both LM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the details from the Palladium set, the dancers in matching wigs. Makes me wish Little Mix would do a video based on Chicago (the musical) for some reason.

https://twitter.com/TimesFashion/status/510435597362925568

This is how you get easy, non-irritating publicity. They've been interviewed by several fashion blogs and sites. Getting to meet designers, no matter how little-known personally is also a good practice and will hopefully translate into them getting offered free/discount pieces. Very savvy and I hope they do more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Digital Spy can exclusively reveal that Little Mix's third album - the follow up to DNA and Salute - is 'Always'. Lead single Flow is released today..." :D.

I think you scared all the guys away from this thread. :o
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They look amazing there! :)
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you scared all the guys away from this thread. :o
    Nope!!
    Just busy - and biding my time:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don't feel that the one album a year plan is a problem for Little Mix at their current level of success. If they were embarking on a huge world tour in February then an album should be delayed, but at the moment the only thing very likely in 2015 is a 5-6 week long UK & Ireland tour and festivals / appearances next summer. Hopefully concerts in Japan and Europe but they probably won't be away for months. If they aren't touring or writing what else are they going to do to be honest.
    Really hoping they can do 4-6 weeks in Europe, 4-6 in the US, and maybe 2 each in Australia and Japan next spring, ideally with pit stops in places like Korea. Add on 6 weeks for UK/Ireland and that takes them to early summer. They can write the next album, assuming everything continues, over the summer and early fall just like this one (considering they seem to have gotten very little out of the April sessions.) Even if their international shows are in smaller theaters, or they're a co-headliner in bigger theaters, just get out there and nurture their international fans around the world, make themselves look like globe-trotters. Hopefully they'll have a couple solid hits this era which will boost their profile online a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Just found this video of Jess Glynne talking about her session with Little Mix

http://www.mtv.co.uk/jess-glynne/news/jess-glynne-talk-working-with-little-mix

Makes me so excited to hear the song they wrote!
  • AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    93Grapes wrote: »
    Just found this video of Jess Glynne talking about her session with Little Mix

http://www.mtv.co.uk/jess-glynne/news/jess-glynne-talk-working-with-little-mix

Makes me so excited to hear the song they wrote!

Interesting. Very interesting.

Has anyone looked on ASCAP to see if any new songs have been added?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. Very interesting.

Has anyone looked on ASCAP to see if any new songs have been added?

ASCAP updates weekly Sunday night US time. Check back on Sunday night late.

I think 2-2.5 weeks in Europe is plenty. I'd rather they fit in a week or more in South America.
    Forum Member
    I saw a bunch of people on twitter mentioning they've sold over 7.5M records, is that true?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a bunch of people on twitter mentioning they've sold over 7.5M records, is that true?

Not even close. Twitter = brain dead
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember hearing 7m somewhere in a recent appearance. Might work out if they're counting both streams (at the seemingly standard ratio of 1:100, even if they don't pay that much) and sales for both singles and albums.

They've got close to 1m album sales specifically now, I think. 600k+ UK, ~200k US.
    Forum Member
    ugh I wish they'd at least doubled their record sales, last time they were on x factor it was said 3 million ww
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say they've sold around 5 million.

CANNONBALL
    Ireland 10,000+
    United Kingdom 475,000+

DNA (ALBUM)
    Australia 35,000+
    Brazil 7,000+
    Canada 12,000+
    France 13,000+
    Ireland 7,500+
    Japan 39,275+
    New Zealand 7,500+
    United Kingdom 344,969+
    United States 121,000+

WINGS
    Australia 210,000+
    Canada 40,000+
    Japan 39,000+
    New Zealand 7,500+
    South Korea 11,000 *NEW*
    United Kingdom 476,000+
    United States 500,000+

DNA
    Australia 35,000+
    United Kingdom 250,000+
    United States 35,618+

CHANGE YOUR LIFE
    Australia 140,000+
    New Zealand 7,500+
    South Korea 14,586+
    United Kingdom 137,000+
    Venezuela 5,000 *NEW*

HOW YA DOIN’?
    Australia 35,000+
    United Kingdom 120,400+

SALUTE (ALBUM)
    Australia 5,640+
    Brazil 5,000 *NEW*
    Canada 6,000+
    France 7,500+
    Japan 9,695+
    Spain 4,000 *NEW*
    United Kingdom 265,000 (255,000 14/07/14)
    United States 90,000 (86,000 14/07/14)

MOVE
    Australia 35,000+
    United Kingdom 400,000+

LITTLE ME
    United Kingdom 133,750+

WORD UP!
    United Kingdom 75,500

SALUTE
    United Kingdom 166,000 (130,000 14/07/14)

THESE FOUR WALLS
    United Kingdom 6,739+

TOTAL = 4,345,672

(Obviously these are all rounded figures + we still don't have a lot!)
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to wiki it's 7.5 million worldwide....maybe that's where the twitter folk got their info from
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just makes me sad looking at the global success 'DNA' vs 'Salute'. They really lost some of their markets during the latter era such as Australia? :confused:

The music got considerably better, but the momentum slowed down. IMO, looking back now... 'Move' as the first single was a mistake WW. 'Salute' was far more instant...
This discussion has been closed.