Lady Gaga - 'Marry The Night' music video. [OUT 1AM]

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJames99 wrote: »

Thanks but that link doesn't work on iPhone and I'm too lazy to get the laptop out lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Thanks but that link doesn't work on iPhone and I'm too lazy to get the laptop out lol.

Honestly not even sure if it's the right link I can't get it to play ethier apparently it's on youtube now though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it! Reminds of the old Gaga!
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All her videos are spectacular (EOGaside) and this is no different, a really good show from Gaga once more
  • AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOAH. That was amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scenes with her blowing up the cars are flawless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like it. I have loved all of her performances of MTN and every single one has had a more interesting concept/more enjoyable execution than the actual video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I loved it. I didn't feel like it was 13 minutes at all, and I have to admit, I didn't understand all of it at first, but it had a great message. The choreography was great too.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I loved the video I agree with those who said it seemed like an independent film. My only criticism is that I think the final scene where they're dancing in the street should have been longer, but other than that it's great :)
  • gagaaddictgagaaddict Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marry The Night - Synopsis

The video starts with Stefani in a clinic. The cause is unrevealed, but speculated to be from drug overuse and activities involving said drugs. She promises the nurse she'll be a star.
    Montage of Stefani's inner self as a ballerina, a metaphor for her dedication to be a star.
    Stefani's best friend Bo takes her home. She receives a phone call from her Def Jam manager telling her that she's been dropped. She has a mental breakdown.
    We see Stefani in the bathtub, transforming herself into Lady Gaga as a resolution to "Marry the Night"
    The rest of the video is Gaga practicing with her dancers and honing her skill. A montage plays as she sings, showing her getting dolled up, lunging her piano around her apartment, purging to stay thin. It ends with her getting an audition with Interscope.
    The last scene of her in the flames with the reflective hat is a visual metaphor to represent the culture super being that she has become.

-Found it on twitter and believe it is true :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I think the end scene is supposed to be the phoenix rising from the ashes/flames.

She gets the Interscope meeting, we see Stefani collapsing to the ground after the dance sequence, and then as the scene is engrossed in flame; "Lady Gaga" in full regalia is born.

I like the idea of it representing the supernova that she is now though, too.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is really different, thought she wouldn't be able to top the previous ones but it is very different.
    Quite shocked.

But there is a problem as it is not a music channel video, if you know what I mean.
    That could mean it won't chart higher here.

But it deserves a top 10 at least!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is really different, thought she wouldn't be able to top the previous ones but it is very different.
    Quite shocked.

But there is a problem as it is not a music channel video, if you know what I mean.
    That could mean it won't chart higher here.

But it deserves a top 10 at least!

I think they'll just skip the hole prelude thing and just send off the video from when the music starts.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it now after watching a few times:)
    GaGa's dancing intrigues me. You can tell she obviously isn't the most natural of movers but she tries damn hard and in doing so kind of creates her own style:eek:
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adcm wrote: »
    I think they'll just skip the hole prelude thing and just send off the video from when the music starts.

It looks like that's what they are doing, so it starts with the shot of the moon and that harsh electronic synth sound at circa 07 minutes 55 seconds in.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    It's too much of everything. It's far too 'oh look at me being all artistic like'. Tiring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like that's what they are doing, so it starts with the shot of the moon and that harsh electronic synth sound at circa 07 minutes 55 seconds in.

Yes! I love those synths!
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Anyone else think the start bit was not needed at all as soon as she starts singing the song I actually enjoyed the video loved the dancey bits
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still can't forget the exploding cars.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Anyone else think the start bit was not needed at all as soon as she starts singing the song I actually enjoyed the video loved the dancey bits

It's a story so the first bit explains the second bit :)
  • gagaaddictgagaaddict Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the duration of the TV edit will be? I reckon 7 minutes max.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gagaaddict wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the duration of the TV edit will be? I reckon 7 minutes max.

Probably will start just before the song with the synth things.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    For me, there are only a few artists that really excite me visually, musically and ideologically. It can be on a very fun or serious level. Lady Gaga is one of these artists. I am starting to realise that her main inspiration is Madonna, who I adore too. But unlike another artist she is courting her inspiration and rewriting it. Yet again we have a video with Madonna inspired imagery. Strong, bold and in your face. The video is as with all videos from the BTW era, overlong and a mix mash of too many ideas - both amazing and so- so. Strangely this time my fave bit was prelogue and final ending of her just dancing.

Videos Appraisal:

Mary The Night. 8/10. Reminds me black Swan meets Madonna Hollywood imagery meets Freudian electrode treatment

You and I 7/10. Shania Twain Don't Impress me Much mixed with splash

Edge of Glory. 7/10. Stripped back Gaga and quite adorable.

Judas 9/10. Fabulous and Epic. Original Gaga.

Born This Way - 6/10. ( with 9/10 in parts) Mix Mash of so much!!

Ps. Bad Romance 9.5/10
    Poker Face. 9.5/10
  • crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminds me of her earlier days in 2009. Costume wise and character wise and the feel of it.

I love the exploding cars part, the gummy bears part and the part where she walks in to that building and it shows a shot of her sexy legs and looking at the people on the balcony above.

Also that is the first time I have seen gaga in jeans!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can she get any more pretentious and self-indulgent?
    there is no need, she's trying too hard and its cringeworthy.

and i really wanted to like it, stop making videos like this, go back to pop videos, you're not an actress.