Comments

• Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    How much fun do you think regular supermarkets are? :p

I'm quite gald my local ones aren't like this :D

Depending on where you are in the north, I might've worked in one of your local supermarkets ... and I can promise that most of what has happened on Trollied has happened there in 'real life' ... albeit not in a dramatised or 'comedified' fashion, but it's pretty true to life! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, just watched the last episode and it was really good :o
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laughed out loud at the hair on the pillow story. :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    There were a couple of good lines tonight
    the "blow you" one and the upsidedown photocopies.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crap again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Laughed out loud at the hair on the pillow story. :D

I Love Neville he is hilarious, wasn't sure of him at first but he is now becoming one of my favourite characters..after the divine Margaret of course..:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margaret was brilliant last night. As usual.

Sometimes it is not laugh out loud funny but so well observed, exaggerated of course. Andy really would be the guy on holiday, still hanging around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Margaret was brilliant last night. As usual.

Sometimes it is not laugh out loud funny but so well observed, exaggerated of course. Andy really would be the guy on holiday, still hanging around.
    It's a big part of his character and fully explained in the episode why he was hanging about.

Liked the bit when he met Margaret and she didn't recognise him.
    Strange really that she did later on in the ep. I can only think that it's because he was at the meat counter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope that scene tonight was a homage to OFAH and not just lazy writing.

The pedometer line was funny :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Margaret is Fantastic. I laughed so much when she said "My whole life has been a lie. I don't really take a 6, I take a 5, I just like roomy shoes".

Neville is great too. I do miss Lorraine though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It's a big part of his character and fully explained in the episode why he was hanging about.

Liked the bit when he met Margaret and she didn't recognise him.
    Strange really that she did later on in the ep. I can only think that it's because he was at the meat counter.

I know... That is what I said. He would do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up last night thanks to the powers of Sky+

Laughed out loud at Margaret's 'PAEDOMETER' :D:D
  • Options
    addixaddix Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Gavin back to store manager - gotta make Lorraine new area manager plz!
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    addix wrote: »
    Guess its possible. She could be schtuping somone at Valco head office and they give her the job.

Could work out quite well as she can make regular appearances in the store.. just imagine the look on Gavin and Julie's faces.
  • Options
    euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the whole Kieran/Katie thing a bit weird - he's only married, and while they'd be perfect, why bother with the whole wedding/will they/ won't they, if they suddenly start being so cackhanded about the storyline. From newlyweds to almost splitting up in a few weeks?
  • Options
    BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    euphie wrote: »
    I find the whole Kieran/Katie thing a bit weird - he's only married, and while they'd be perfect, why bother with the whole wedding/will they/ won't they, if they suddenly start being so cackhanded about the storyline. From newlyweds to almost splitting up in a few weeks?

I was thinking this. Ive always thought Kieran and his wife never really seemed suited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    euphie wrote: »
    A few weeks to us. In the show it could be a year or more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    addix wrote: »
    Guess its possible. She could be schtuping somone at Valco head office and they give her the job.

Could work out quite well as she can make regular appearances in the store.. just imagine the look on Gavin and Julie's faces.
    I would have to be as I can't see them hiring a person who was basically sacked and marched out getting a higher position in the company.
    Especially if they have that HR guy ;)

I did like the scene where Gavin was appaled at his mirror self :D
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    Bunnyfoo wrote: »
    I was thinking this. Ive always thought Kieran and his wife never really seemed suited.

I think that that's what we've been supposed to think all along- that he's marrying someone somehow because it's expected of him when his real 'soulmate' is right under his nose.

That said, there's a limit to how much longer they can play this scenario out without making him look either stupid, weak or both. Watching last nights show- I actually felt sorry for his wife and I don't think that's where the viewers sympathies should lie.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,851
    Forum Member
    Was Friday's the last episode in Series 2 ?

It felt like it but not sure. I read they might be making a Christmas special which would be good.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Was Friday's the last episode in Series 2 ?

It felt like it but not sure. I read they might be making a Christmas special which would be good.

One more to go, then the Christmas special.

Filming starts in a week or two for season three.

This series has got better and better. Having a long run gives so much scope for character development and interaction.

Pairing Lisa and Neville on the check outs has been brilliant.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught up with Fridays ep. Glad Gavin is back to being manager again, wonder who they will bring in as Area manager....

Liking Neville, he's lines and delivery make me laugh. A great addition

Lisa/Colin good pairing, can't wait to see what happens

Kieran/Katie is getting abit boring, thankfully it hasn't really been much of a main focus this series so it hasn't got on my nerves as much as last time. Hope they get together.

Overall much better series, I look forward to next weeks and Xmas special, I hope it's just like a typical mad supermarket!
  • Options
    Digital PieDigital Pie Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    The show gets better and better. Andy the butcher is inspired and Gavin gets better and better.

The Christmas special is going to be a ruddy belter. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Theres also a behind the scenes special after the last episode this Friday. Should be a laugh!:D
  • Options
    lloydsimcolloydsimco Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    This show has really grown on me.