Options

Four For You Obama!

Comments

• Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now hopefully in 4 years time they will get their first female president.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now hopefully in 4 years time they will get their first female president.

As long as its not Sarah Palin :eek: She's a freak.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phew.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Why do so many Republicans hate the medicare in America? I think its a good thing. :confused:
    From what I can make out, a lot of Americans seem to think of medicare as an extension of bums and workshy taking advantage of welfare.

Even though anyone using medicare that gets employment at a later date will be billed retrospectively for any treatment they are initially given for free.
    I also think health care is a major private industry there and a freebie source would damage profits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Eww! I was thinking more Clinton.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want a general election here now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    From what I can make out, a lot of Americans seem to think of medicare as an extension of bums and workshy taking advantage of welfare.

Even though anyone using medicare that gets employment at a later date will be billed retrospectively for any treatment they are initially given for free.
    I also think health care is a major private industry there and a freebie source would damage profits.

Tight arses :( I'm so glad we have the NHS over here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eww! I was thinking more Clinton.

Hilary rocks. I like her.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Could be worse, she could be Welsh :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want a general election here now!

Me too, I hate Cameron and what he's done to this country already. Then again being a Labour supporter I don't think Ed Milliband is Leader material.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be worse, she could be Welsh :p

Stop trying to get a reaction, I'm not a redhead now. So forget you crush :eek::p
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes!! go obama, watching here in india as im on holiday its 10.30 in the morning so luckily i didnt have to stay awake.

would love it if hilary became president as well
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Stop trying to get a reaction, I'm not a redhead now. So forget you crush :eek::p

What crush?
    :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, I hate Cameron and what he's done to this country already. Then again being a Labour supporter I don't think Ed Milliband is Leader material.

I voted Tory last time and I regret it so much now. I hate their villifying of the poor and the vulnerable. But I'm with you - Ed Milliband just doesn't do it for me. But like the US election, I imagine he's the best of choices.

Or maybe I'll just vote Green or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted Tory last time and I regret it so much now. I hate their villifying of the poor and the vulnerable. But I'm with you - Ed Milliband just doesn't do it for me. But like the US election, I imagine he's the best of choices.

Or maybe I'll just vote Green or something.

Tories never change. I agree with some of their policies, but they never change.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilary rocks. I like her.

It's possible but I doubt it. Her age will probably go against her (if she served an 8 year term she would be 77 years old).

2016 could end up being Clinton vs Bush if Jeb were to run for the Republican nomination. Battle of the dynasties!

Such is the nature of US politics, I think there's more chance of Michelle being the first female President in 2020 or 2024. And I'm sure there will be attention on Chelsea Clinton for the next 10 or so years to see if she's going to go into elected politics. She'd probably run for Senate first like her mother.

The other thing to consider is that the US public tend to throw out parties after 8 years. But Obama would need to do a monumentally bad job or be exceptionally unlucky not to go into 2016 with the economy pretty much back on track. Plus, at this stage, the leading Republican candidates (Bush and Rubio? Maybe Ryan) all seem too far to the right.

Ironically, Romney was perhaps their best hope. He governed Massachusetts! But he had to go right for the nomination.

Rubio could appeal to the Hispanic contingent, particularly in Florida. And increasingly that group will be important for the Republicans as they influence some of their key states.

They need a bit of a rebrand. I think the Tea Party will become less influential over the next few years and the Republicans might drift back towards the centre. I think they need to be a bit more liberal on abortion, gay rights, immigration rights and keep a right wing stance on the economy, taxation and the role of government and power for the states. At the end of the day, where are the pro-lifers going to go? The problem is that the grass roots elect the nominee based on who they like and not who might win an election.

It always frustrates me that so many on the right can be "small government" on so many things but end up moralising on God and family values on far more intimate subjects.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tight arses :( I'm so glad we have the NHS over here.
    They used the ' do we really want a second rate medical system like the brits!' to argue the point of not having medicare.

lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god! Congrats to Obama. Now Mitt, hurry up and concede so the president can give his speech. You lost. You still won't take the presidency. It's over. Build a bridge and get over it. Sore loser.... I hear Romney only wrote a winning speech, not a concession speech. The sheer delusion and arrogancy of this idiot. :D I hope his wife too is feeling a tad idiotic after her mouthing off with her 'I now welcome you the future president' and so on. Pipe down. He would have ruined America socially.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    It's possible but I doubt it. Her age will probably go against her (if she served an 8 year term she would be 77 years old).

Wow, I didn't know she was late 60s, she looks pretty good. I like her though, she has her heart in the right place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They used the ' do we really want a second rate medical system like the brits!' to argue the point of not having medicare.

lol.

That's shocking. The NHS isn't perfect (even more so with the privatisation of some areas to virgincare) but we would never let a rich or poor man die in the street.
    I'm happy to pay taxes knowing it saved someone.
    Umm yeah, I don't know much about this stuff so there might be a lot of flaws in what I'm saying :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's shocking. The NHS isn't perfect (even more so with the privatisation of some areas to virgincare) but we would never let a rich or poor man die in the street.
    I'm happy to pay taxes knowing it saved someone.
    Umm yeah, I don't know much about this stuff so there might be a lot of flaws in what I'm saying :p

No, pretty much spot on. The NHS saves lives. It's as simple as that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with you though, so i'm probably flawed too, lol.

but republicans are very strange people.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Empty chair FTW! The faces at the Republican rally are a joy to behold
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, pretty much spot on. The NHS saves lives. It's as simple as that.
    I agree with you though, so i'm probably flawed too, lol.

but republicans are very strange people.

Yay.

I have a republican friend on my facebook who is going crazy, so I've changed my settings to hide what he's saying, he's annoying me :D Twit, lol. He's one of those rich OC lads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Empty chair FTW! The faces at the Republican rally are a joy to behold

They look like they're straining for a poo.