Rajar Q2 2014

SmartProgrammerSmartProgrammer Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good luck to everybody getting their RAJAR figures today. This quarter covers March 31st - June 22nd with data being released publicly at Midnight.

Comments

• ShimanoShimano Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he means bad luck, let's face facts he wouldn't want any station apart from Heart to do well in reality. :p
  • CharlieCharlie Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who John Myers means?

RajAr results for one station in particular .... Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

https://twitter.com/johnmyersteam
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shimano wrote: »
    I think he means bad luck, let's face facts he wouldn't want any station apart from Heart to do well in reality. :p

He has to keep on impressing his bosses somehow ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie wrote: »
    I wonder who John Myers means?

RajAr results for one station in particular .... Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

https://twitter.com/johnmyersteam

I know which one I sincerely hope it is...
  • LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it really matters anymore. Rajar is an antiquated and inaccurate system reliant on a few people's listening habits and a lot of guesswork. But what the heck eh?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it really matters anymore. Rajar is an antiquated and inaccurate system reliant on a few people's listening habits and a lot of guesswork. But what the heck eh?

It's funny though when certain members on here love to quote RAJAR when it suits them, but I remember a time when Heart took a real hit, and they weren't seen or heard on here for ages... How strange :D
  • thelockupthelockup Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    I know which one I sincerely hope it is...

i sincerely hope a certain mr grimshaw is going to be in reciept of a P45
  • LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thelockup wrote: »

Oh me too! My sister has that blasted show on every morning when I go to stay with her.
    Does he still do those irritating celebrity "Wake up!" shouts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thelockup wrote: »

Yes he can go!

Christian O'Connell, Andrew Castle, Kate Garroway, Anthony Davis, Neil Fox, Anneka Rice & Liza Tarbuck I hope all get theirs as well, amongst others! :D
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he can go!

Christian O'Connell, Andrew Castle, Kate Garroway, Anthony Davis, Neil Fox, Anneka Rice & Liza Tarbuck I hope all get theirs as well, amongst others! :D

Rather nasty wishing unemployment on someone but hey, it's the DS way I guess.
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The effect of Lbc going national DAB will be interesting IMO..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Rather nasty wishing unemployment on someone but hey, it's the DS way I guess.

Oh yeah, 'cause they'd all starve and end up homeless wouldn't they?

What with all of their other TV jobs, voice overs etc. Anyway I hardly think the likes of Garroway & Fox would end up stacking shelves for minimum wage, if that's what you're worried about, jeez!!
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,376
    Forum Member

It might be national but its got such a heavy London bias its just not worth listening to wish they would put Gold back on D1 instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, 'cause they'd all starve and end up homeless wouldn't they?

What with all of their other TV jobs, voice overs etc. Anyway I hardly think the likes of Garroway & Fox would end up stacking shelves for minimum wage, if that's what you're worried about, jeez!!

No but I guess that I am rather strange that if I don't like someone on tv or radio I just avoid them rather than wish ill on them.

It won't catch on though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You continue to grossly overestimate the public awareness of LBC outside London.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    You continue to grossly overestimate the public awareness of LBC outside London.

Hence "interesting"!
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    Hence "interesting"!

Expect little to no change to the LBC figures. In a region that's had LBC on DAB for a very long time their figures were practically non existant.

Without substantial marketing to raise awarness of LBC outside of London, why would they suddently see an increase in their figures?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    Expect little to no change to the LBC figures. In a region that's had LBC on DAB for a very long time their figures were practically non existant.

Without substantial marketing to raise awarness of LBC outside of London, why would they suddently see an increase in their figures?

On retuning our work DAB radio the other day, when seeing "LBC" on the screen, no-one in our 10 strong team had even heard of LBC let alone listens to it. I suspect that may not be an isolated case amongst the general listening public.
  • Rich_McLeanRich_McLean Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been Hinted that Jack FM Berkshire have a massive increase. Big annoucement on the Breakfast show tomorrow morning
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been Hinted that Jack FM Berkshire have a massive increase. Big annoucement on the Breakfast show tomorrow morning

Knowing them it will be a competition revolving around dog turd.
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »

I agree. I love LBC but think if anything it'll be a slow burner. I certainly can't see it overtaking 5Live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    I agree. I love LBC but think if anything it'll be a slow burner. I certainly can't see it overtaking 5Live.

it does not have to. Simply nicks off any competition e.g. Five.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Knowing them it will be a competition revolving around dog turd.

Not as big as I made out 1 minute to go, and I can reveal
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as big as I made out 1 minute to go, and I can reveal

10% Increase from the last Quarter on Breakfast show listeners. Well done RB.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Smooth in London are the big winners. magic feeling the heat from Smooths success too.