Changing Job - Need All Email Addresses

PaperhousePaperhouse Posts: 1,710
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm soon changing jobs and wish to email people from my new workplace to let them know of my new contact details. Is there some way for me to download all of the email addresses that I have used during my current employment?

Comments

• MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just list them out and send them as an email saying "hi guys, if you want me try a@b.com, c@d.com etc" but i'd imagine most people would just ignore the contents of the email and use the one that you sent it from

and are any of them owned by your old employer as i dount they'll want you using their emails for someone elses work
  • PaperhousePaperhouse Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    Just list them out and send them as an email saying "hi guys, if you want me try a@b.com, c@d.com etc" but i'd imagine most people would just ignore the contents of the email and use the one that you sent it from

and are any of them owned by your old employer as i dount they'll want you using their emails for someone elses work

Yes; but is there a way of downloading all of the email addresses? There are probably hundreds of them.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paperhouse wrote: »
    Yes; but is there a way of downloading all of the email addresses? There are probably hundreds of them.

you have hundreds of them? i'd just tell them the ones you check the most, no-ones going to want to have to fill in 500 email addresses just on the off chance you'll read them and i know most people wouldn't so its better to have one clear contact point than someone saying i emailed you last week on your y@z.com account and you say oh i aint checked that one for the last few weeks
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP may mean the email addresses of the contacts he's sent mail to. Though I admit I could be wrong, give the way the post seems to refer to email addresses they've sent mail from.

If so, they need to check their contract - contacting clients within a certain period of leaving may be against the rules.
  • PaperhousePaperhouse Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I think the OP may mean the email addresses of the contacts he's sent mail to. Though I admit I could be wrong, give the way the post seems to refer to email addresses they've sent mail from.

If so, they need to check their contract - contacting clients within a certain period of leaving may be against the rules.

Quite so.

I've been in my present job for almost five years and constantly exchange emails with hundreds of people. It would be nice to download a list of all email addresses so that I can contact everyone from my new job.

No problem with my contract by the way.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could add them all to contacts and export the contacts.
    You could also export all the sent items, though that may conflict with data protection rules.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you decide to send an email to someone, do you type the start of their name and pick up their email address? Then couldn't you just copy the file of contacts? If it doesn't work like that, then presumably you work from a list of email addresses?

If you only ever reply to emails, so that you never start off an exchange, it may be that your mail client is actually putting the details in a contact list.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you use Outlook, you can export your Contacts and/or sent emails as a .pst file.
  • DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to save contacts as a .PST, however if they aren't saved as contacts, I'm not sure if you can save them.

I'm not going to assume too much, but I know it isn't looked too well upon if a person takes a companies contacts to another company. I've had contacts with sales reps who have sent me emails from their new company, despite we've never done business with them. Speaking with the company they left, they were not happy at all that this person took their contacts.