Ant and Dec 's reactions on BGT

TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
Forum Member
✭✭
Why must the cameras continually turn to Ant and Dec to see their reactions to acts?
It spoils the act , detracts from the performance and is very irritating to see them mimicking the performer.
They are not the stars of the show
Let us watch the act, then they can give their opinions, if they have to.

Comments

• miffy_1306miffy_1306 Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are my favourite thing about BGT.

I would rather see them then endless cutaways of the judges that are probably shot during different acts!
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miffy_1306 wrote: »
    They are my favourite thing about BGT.

I would rather see them then endless cutaways of the judges that are probably shot during different acts!

I would rather see the entire act than the annoying cutaways to these grinning buffoons
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    I like Ant and Dec but I don't need them to tell me which acts I am supposed to like ('He's REALLY good!') or find surprising ('Well, I wasn't expecting THAT!') a few seconds after the start of the act. I'm quite capable of deciding for myself, thanks very much. Also, as others have said, especially when it's a dance act, or other essentially visual act, I would much rather see the whole act, without any cutaways.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Why must the cameras continually turn to Ant and Dec to see their reactions to acts?
    It spoils the act , detracts from the performance and is very irritating to see them mimicking the performer.

Them and Cowell are supposed to be the stars of this show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Them and Cowell are supposed to be the stars of this show.

They and Cowell are NOT the stars of this show!
    I would watch More Britains got talen to see more acts, , if it wasn't for theirs and Mulherns stupid antics
    Why can't we were more acts and less of their drivel
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member

I agree with this and think that's what they should do
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only if an act is rubbish, I don't mind the cameras turning to Ant and Dec and showing their reactions as they're sometimes more entertaining when they mimic them.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's why Ant and Dec are there for. They give reactions which gives the viewers laughs, or a lot of them anyway.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    It's a TV show hosted by Ant & Dec so it's only natural that they're going to be on screen every 10 seconds.

I know a woman where i work telling us once that when I'm A Celebrity is on, she records it on Sky+ and then just watches the bits with Ant & Dec and fast forwards the rest. LOL!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind them at the beginning and end of the act, but I don't want to see them gyrating, gurning and taking the mick every few seconds
    I actually want to see the act
    As for fast forwarding on Celebrity just to watch Ant and Dec, I bet many fast forward THEM to watch the celebrities
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    It's a TV show hosted by Ant & Dec so it's only natural that they're going to be on screen every 10 seconds.

I know a woman where i work telling us once that when I'm A Celebrity is on, she records it on Sky+ and then just watches the bits with Ant & Dec and fast forwards the rest. LOL!!! :D

That seems like a waste of a recording. Ant and Dec give you the story of what's going on in the camp. Yes, Ant and Dec are hilarious at times, but I want to see the celebrity campmates interacting with each other. I suppose people have different likes though.
  • Vister:)!Vister:)! Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the show wouldn't be the same without them! They're a key aspect to the forumula of the shows success! I couldn't think of anyone who would do the rule justice as well as these 2!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vister:)! wrote: »
    I think the show wouldn't be the same without them! They're a key aspect to the forumula of the shows success! I couldn't think of anyone who would do the rule justice as well as these 2!

They are part of the show, but they shouldn't dominate it to the detriment of the performance
  • novelty_betsnovelty_bets Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    What I hate more than the cameras panning to Ant and Dec for their reaction (which I don't actually mind) is when they go to obviously miked up stooges in the studio audience so we can hear their scripted comments! It is so fake.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    That seems like a waste of a recording. Ant and Dec give you the story of what's going on in the camp. Yes, Ant and Dec are hilarious at times, but I want to see the celebrity campmates interacting with each other. I suppose people have different likes though.

But what's going on in camp can be/is usually very dull. If I'm short on time whilst watching an episode of I'm a Celeb then I'll often skip through the camp bits and just watch the Ant ad Dec links. I know quite a few others who mainly watch that show for Ant and Dec too. So needless to say I have no issue with seeing their reactions on BGT, in fact I'd like to see even more of them! :D
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to watch this show as I like seeing new talent but had to give up due to the constant cutaways to those two and Cowell and his lackeys . I couldn't give a monkeys what they think about any act . I don't need their approval to like or dislike an act .

This show is so condescending and patronizing to it's audience and treats the viewers like morons , The fakeness and overacting from the judges is nauseating .
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dec looked like he'd just dropped some acid when that giant polar bear came on.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    What I hate more than the cameras panning to Ant and Dec for their reaction (which I don't actually mind) is when they go to obviously miked up stooges in the studio audience so we can hear their scripted comments! It is so fake.

Amen to that, I don't like this (relatively) new obsession with the audience at all... :( They come across as ignoramuses for the most part.