Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    Great for Hamilton and as a Rangers fans you might think any chance to get one up on the old enemy but when I see Hamilton have the lowest attendance of any table topper in Europen football and their rise to "fame" has seem then attract the square rout of zilch to their plight ...

Truth be told if Hamilton stay in the position they are it will be the ultimate butt**** to Scotish football and it's rulers ... but then again when you rush to sink one of your major players I suppose you deserve the consequences when your next best has a season off ...

game on and I still think Celtic will win the league by at least 15 points ...

High attendances don't make a good team.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol
    i gave st mirren a right bollocking when going down 2-1 to A TEAM WHO THEY SHOULD BEAT ie ross county .....

then they equalised!

i should do that more often :D
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Accies are still top of the league :)
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    High attendances don't make a good team.

Ignore crofter.

That post you quoted was absolute bullshit from him anyway. Unless crofter has football attendances in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Wales, Andorra, Faroes, Norn Iron, Gibralter, San Marino et al at his fingertips to prove me wrong that is.....

He is claiming that it would be a butt**** to those in charge of Scottish football if Hamilton were to win the Premiership yet a few months ago he was claiming that Hamilton just being in the Premiership would be horrific for Scottish football. Reality is that Hamilton have been a breath of fresh air.
  • Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Happy derby day 🍻

I dunno if it's shrove Tuesday or Sheffield Wednesday but come on the Cabbage n Ribs!
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two people arrested in connection with the assault on Zaluska - one of them is not Mark Wilson.

The Herald have confirmed that Paul Paton and former Stenny keeper Chris McCluskey are the ones reported to the PF - will appear in court late November.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hearts goal today is going to be hard to beat all season. It was bloody incredible!!!
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guidetti sounding a bit of a knob in the interview on radio Scotland whoever we get are going down.

Was he a boxer at some point
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems the SFA has provided only 3200 tickets to the FAI for the Scotland-Ireland clash, which is all they are legally required to do (5%).

But it appears quick witted Irish fans have been purchasing tickets directly from the SFA website, meaning there will be many thousands more of them in the ground.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Seems the SFA has provided only 3200 tickets to the FAI for the Scotland-Ireland clash, which is all they are legally required to do (5%).

But it appears quick witted Irish fans have been purchasing tickets directly from the SFA website, meaning there will be many thousands more of them in the ground.

There will be about 10000 Irish fans at the game I think.

Old school league cup last four in Scotland rangers, celtic, Aberdeen, dundee united
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    There will be about 1000 Irish fans at the game I think.

Yes, that's a figure I've heard or maybe up to 12,000. Should lend to a great atmosphere and no doubt Scottish fans will be equally resourceful in securing tickets for the return leg :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's a figure I've heard or maybe up to 12,000. Should lend to a great atmosphere and no doubt Scottish fans will be equally resourceful in securing tickets for the return leg :)

Sorry forgot a zero:blush: do think a few tickets will have been purchased by "away" fans with glasgow addresses:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry forgot a zero:blush: do think a few tickets will have been purchased by "away" fans with glasgow addresses:D

From what I've heard on the Irish football forums, fans are having no problems buying tickets directly from the SFA, so it looks like they will be dotted all around the stadium (I suppose the good thing about having Scotland, Ireland and Poland in the group is that it guarantees every match involving the three will have a full house)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I've heard on the Irish football forums, fans are having no problems buying tickets directly from the SFA, so it looks like they will be dotted all around the stadium (I suppose the good thing about having Scotland, Ireland and Poland in the group is that it guarantees every match involving the three will have a full house)

Good point the fixtures between the teams will all have have a big proportion of away fans can easily see about 10000 polish fans in both Dublin and Glasgow
  • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will be about 10000 Irish fans at the game I think.

Old school league cup last four in Scotland rangers, celtic, Aberdeen, dundee united

Looking forward to the draw. Must be hard for fans of the Rangers knowing Celtic and Aberdeen would hammer them while they are also Dundee United's bitches in the cups. :)

By the the time the semi's are played it will be over 28 months since Aberdeen conceded a goal in the competition. :o We've scored 17 in that time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the draw. Must be hard for fans of the Rangers knowing Celtic and Aberdeen would hammer them while they are also Dundee United's bitches in the cups. :)

By the the time the semi's are played it will be over 28 months since Aberdeen conceded a goal in the competition. :o We've scored 17 in that time.

I hope we draw rangers to be honest we love beating them in cup ties your record against Celtic is a bit better than ours.

Rangers will be out whoever they draw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we draw rangers to be honest we love beating them in cup ties your record against Celtic is a bit better than ours.

Rangers will be out whoever they draw.

Maybe Ally will finally get his warchest in the January window. :)

I think we've knocked Celtic out of the Scottish umpteen times in a row now. Sadly we are their plaything in the league cup.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guidetti sounding a bit of a knob in the interview on radio Scotland whoever we get are going down.

Was he a boxer at some point

Celtic won 6-0 night and it could have been 10 with the chances we had.

Last time we played United we put 6 by them as well.

Aberdeen we, as dc said, own in the LC and The Rangers we've never played before.

I've no idea why Guidetti would be so confident about beating the other teams left in the tournament,,,,
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you think it's still the 1980s or something? 2 weeks ago Aberdeen got beat 3-0 off Hamilton.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Celtic won 6-0 night and it could have been 10 with the chances we had.

Last time we played United we put 6 by them as well.

Aberdeen we, as dc said, own in the LC and The Rangers we've never played before.

I've no idea why Guidetti would be so confident about beating the other teams left in the tournament,,,,

But he's now written every opposing manager's team talk for them.

United's players must be knackered after last night's game. I was shattered and I only watched it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 match ban for Tonev.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 match ban for Tonev.

If he has been found guilty then the police should be informed and Celtic should cancel his loan deal.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you didn't sack Leigh Griffiths then why Tonev?
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Tonev has been found guilty because the SFA think he probably was racist then I can't see why Celtic wouldn't back his word if he says he wasn't.

Does seem that it's one man's word versus other with no other witnesses.

Will await the full judgement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    If Tonev has been found guilty because the SFA think he probably was racist then I can't see why Celtic wouldn't back his word if he says he wasn't.

Does seem that it's one man's word versus other with no other witnesses.

Will await the full judgement.

There must be a lot of evidence for such a long suspension.

Make it public. Send him back to Villa.

Shame Tonev in front of everyone.