Lady Gaga - Where did it all go wrong ?

1272829303133»

Comments

• ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, she is carrying a microphone and singing, so she can't perform with the 'freedom' a dancer has! I think it is an excellent song, was performed incredibly well and the dancers, as I say, were good also. What is there not to enjoy/applaud (no pun intended)

I think she should stand by her song and when people applaud her, she should really soak it up and be like "Ooooh! YESSSS The appLAUSEE.. I LIVE for zee APPLAUSE!!" :o
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good advice.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    She needs to release Sex Dreams!!!!!!!
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    no - 'artpop'

its such a great song that crosses pop mainstream and alternative streams..... it is so catchy ala fame monster next chapter!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    no - 'artpop'

its such a great song that crosses pop mainstream and alternative streams..... it is so catchy ala fame monster next chapter!

Sex Dreams has an electronic sound though, when you listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My4mftSxFCE <--- That's probably the studio version. To me, it sounds like it is from The Fame era.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her song went to the top and she is being considered on this thread ''finished'' and a ''flop''

wow lool
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You see brilliance. I see mediocrity. Her voice did sound good at the beginning but the scary face is just boring. As I've said the dancing is too frenetic and all over the place. I see what she was trying to do but it didn't work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your glass is really half empty isn't it! Fair enough.....we viewed it differently! You are possibly comparing her to the quality of the dancers who, it must be remembered, are professionally trained (and not carrying a mic and trying to sing at the same time). To me the performance was a mind blower but that is just my take.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well apparently she's back in the studio and she has hinted that there is a possibility that we haven't heard the next single. of course, this could all be a complete red herring, she could be perhaps just touching up vocals and the next single could have been performed, but she meant that we haven't heard the studio version yet.

apparently, single #2 will proceed the album, but i had to lol at her unique prospective in regards to how "applause" is holding up.:D ok, so its achieving longevity in the us, but suggesting "Applause is still holding court for *glampop* spreading glitter with every spin!", is over-egging the pudding a bit.:o
  • Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me personally, "The Fame" era was perfection. She was everything I loved in a recording artist - Talented, classy and a little quirky... However when BTW was released, I felt like she was a completely different person. I just didn't get her, or what she was trying to say. It's like she tried to get all "arty", but went really weird instead.

I do have high hopes for ARTPOP though. I'm sure it will push the boundaries, but keep Gaga's class and sophistication intact - something BTW failed to do IMO.

I'm not sure about the second part of your comment because class and sophistication aren't really the right words to describe Gaga imo. She is also not that kind of an artist who pushes boundaries, but I agree with the part about TF era. When Poker Face and Bad Romance came out, it was quite refreshing and fun. Now it's like this side of her disappeared. I don't want her to go back to TF or TFM musically, but she seems to be so lost and confused right now, it's like she has no direction and wants to do everything at once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    well apparently she's back in the studio and she has hinted that there is a possibility that we haven't heard the next single. of course, this could all be a complete red herring, she could be perhaps just touching up vocals and the next single could have been performed, but she meant that we haven't heard the studio version yet.

apparently, single #2 will proceed the album, but i had to lol at her unique prospective in regards to how "applause" is holding up.:D ok, so its achieving longevity in the us, but suggesting "Applause is still holding court for *glampop* spreading glitter with every spin!", is over-egging the pudding a bit.:o

Applause is certainly holding up.

Airplay is continuing to grow and it's been stable in the top 10 despite a lot of activity around it. It looks like it'll climb to #5 shortly, in fact. 100mil AI is in sight for it (which will put it in the leagues of her biggest radio hits) and it could very well be 2x platinum come ARTPOP release.

It's incredibly unlikely that she's writing the second single in these studio sessions now. There's simply not enough time to create and perfect it, sit with it to ensure it's strong enough, pass it by the label, possibly put it through testing AND THEN sort out the music video for it in time for release early November.

More likely that she's developing some already written songs, tweaking production, possibly sorting out a collab and maybe creating some more material. She wrote HML weeks before the album was released, so it's not uncommon for her to be last minute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Applause is certainly holding up.

Airplay is continuing to grow and it's been stable in the top 10 despite a lot of activity around it. It looks like it'll climb to #5 shortly, in fact. 100mil AI is in sight for it (which will put it in the leagues of her biggest radio hits) and it could very well be 2x platinum come ARTPOP release.

It's incredibly unlikely that she's writing the second single in these studio sessions now. There's simply not enough time to create and perfect it, sit with it to ensure it's strong enough, pass it by the label, possibly put it through testing AND THEN sort out the music video for it in time for release early November.

More likely that she's developing some already written songs, tweaking production, possibly sorting out a collab and maybe creating some more material. She wrote HML weeks before the album was released, so it's not uncommon for her to be last minute.

yeah, its fairly obvious she was talking about the us performance of the song when she wrote that, but the us performance isn't really typical on how the single is performing elsewhere and that was what i meant really. i noticed the single left the uk top 10 today for instance.

she did tweeted about these two things separately, but it was encouraging for me at least to hear that recording was still continuing. however, the tweets about the studio time and the second single were not connected, so i apologise if it read that way in my post. i was still hoping that perhaps the next single still hasn't been heard including the songs previewed in her itunes set, but that is looking increasing unlikely now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not this again.:eek: sharon's new book is being serialized by "the sun" this week and sharon's front page again with another "exclusive" about her opinions on gaga following their public dispute earlier this year. i wonder if gaga will front it out and make a performance appearance on the x factor this year anyway?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    not this again.:eek: sharon's new book is being serialized by "the sun" this week and sharon's front page again with another "exclusive" about her opinions on gaga following their public dispute earlier this year. i wonder if gaga will front it out and make a performance appearance on the x factor this year anyway?:D

The hypocrisy is astounding, after all the mean spirited things Kelly has said over the years, Gaga didn't bully her either she called Kelly out for being ****ing vile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aj_Whiles wrote: »
    The hypocrisy is astounding, after all the mean spirited things Kelly has said over the years, Gaga didn't bully her either she called Kelly out for being ****ing vile.

Gaga made the letter in which Sharon asked her for help to stop the cyber bullying from Gagas fans public. Gaga then wrote a public letter to Sharon where she maligned Kelly in a passive agressive way, what only resulted in more cyber bullying directed at Kelly by her little monsters.

This whole situation was unnecessary and should have been solved privately. Gaga should have taken the cyber bullying seriously (especially when she openly acts like an anti bullying ambassador). But she did the exact oposite - she criticized Kelly and praised her fans. If Gaga needed to criticize Kellys behavior on fashion police, she shouldnt made it publicly, knowing in what situation Kelly is. She must have known that it will make the bullying from her fans even worse. It was a mistake on her part, and it was also hypocritical.

Gaga finally stopped to ignore the agressive behavior of her fans and took a clear stance by asking them to stop the bullying a few weeks ago. Maybe she finally realized that their behavior is in the end tarnishing her own image, but in my opinion it was too late.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23765905
    Forum Member
    Come off it. She didn't 'criticise Kelly and praise her fans'. At all.

I don't agree with how she dealt with it, but lets not get silly and exaggerate her wrong doing. She made her point relatively classily, albeit quite passive aggressively. You could tell she had had enough of being the punching bag who was the bad guy by default because she didn't fight back. It's the fans and The Osbournes who need to get a grip.

The fans have been told to calm the hell down before a few weeks ago. She has no control and nothing will change because it's a problem with the Internet age, not a particular popstar fandom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come off it. She didn't 'criticise Kelly and praise her fans'. At all.

I don't agree with how she dealt with it, but lets not get silly and exaggerate her wrong doing. She made her point relatively classily, albeit quite passive aggressively. You could tell she had had enough of being the punching bag who was the bad guy by default because she didn't fight back. It's the fans and The Osbournes who need to get a grip.

The fans have been told to calm the hell down before a few weeks ago. She has no control and nothing will change because it's a problem with the Internet age, not a particular popstar fandom.

I know she has no control over her fans behavior.

All what I'm saying is that she is considering herself an anti bullying ambassador, yet she refused to react on agressive behavior of her fans for years, even when she was told about it several times. Gaga tried to ignore, downplay or even dismiss it instead of facing it as a problem and confronting her fans about such behavior. Not that I think she should scold or educate her fans. But telling them how she feels when they insult other people in her name would have been enough (I am not deluded enough to think it would change much, but it would probably make some of her fans more cautious).

She refused to take a stance at that time, what I think was a mistake. I'm relieved she finally did it.
    Forum Member
    Rae_Amury wrote: »

All what I'm saying is that she is considering herself an anti bullying ambassador, yet she refused to react on agressive behavior of her fans for years, even when she was told about it several times. Gaga tried to ignore, downplay or even dismiss it instead of facing it as a problem and confronting her fans about such behavior. Not that I think she should scold or educate her fans. But telling them how she feels when they insult other people in her name would have been enough (I am not deluded enough to think it would change much, but it would probably make some of her fans more cautious).

She refused to take a stance at that time, what I think was a mistake. I'm relieved she finally did it.

Refused to act? Tried to ignore, downplay and dismiss?

Don't confuse being unaware of her calling out fans, for not calling out her fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rae_Amury wrote: »

i think that is the best description of her stance in that particular scenario. she typically acknowledged there was an issue, but trivialised that issue by claiming some fans had "learning to do".

of course, it does beg the question why a grown woman like kelly o needed her mother to react to the internet abuse privately through an email to gaga's manager and many people are quick to suggest that kelly can dish out criticisms, but struggles with the consequences of her words.

however, it also raises the validity of gaga's self appointed anti-bullying role when she dealt with this private correspondence in such a public and passive aggressive way.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're all hypocrites, isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    They're all hypocrites, isn't it?

yes, that is the long and short of it.:o
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think that is the best description of her stance in that particular scenario. she typically acknowledged there was an issue, but trivialised that issue by claiming some fans had "learning to do".

of course, it does beg the question why a grown woman like kelly o needed her mother to react to the internet abuse privately through an email to gaga's manager and many people are quick to suggest that kelly can dish out criticisms, but struggles with the consequences of her words.

however, it also raises the validity of gaga's self appointed anti-bullying role when she dealt with this private correspondence in such a public and passive aggressive way.

Whaaa..??! Gaga got her mum involved too in her ridiculous public letter. It was signed by both of them

Kelly whining about being picked on by little monsters is childish and pathetic (especially since there actually aren't that many monsters around any more). The bullying done by little monsters is somewhat over-exaggerated IMHO. But it was no more pathetic than a privileged person such as Gaga acting like The Fashion Police is tantamount to some kind of horrific bullying of celebrities. Seriously, complaining about people criticising the clothes designers give you? Especially when you actively dress for attention.

Kelly's manager is her mum, so it's actually her job to deal with things like this. She wrote the letter to Gaga privately and expected the issue to be dealt with privately.

Gaga responded with a ludicrous, classless, juvenile, passive-aggressive, whining hot mess of a public letter and made an absolute fool of herself.

In my opinion, both women - who are nearing 30 years old - need to sit down and stop crying like babies. But Gaga pushed it to a new level by making the whole thing public, and attempting to fish for undeserved sympathy for herself while directing criticism to the Osbornes, especially as she's supposed to be an anti-bullying campaigner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    Whaaa..??! Gaga got her mum involved too in her ridiculous public letter. It was signed by both of them

Kelly whining about being picked on by little monsters is childish and pathetic (especially since there actually aren't that many monsters around any more). The bullying done by little monsters is somewhat over-exaggerated IMHO. But it was no more pathetic than a privileged person such as Gaga acting like The Fashion Police is tantamount to some kind of horrific bullying of celebrities. Seriously, complaining about people criticising the clothes designers give you? Especially when you actively dress for attention.

Kelly's manager is her mum, so it's actually her job to deal with things like this. She wrote the letter to Gaga privately and expected the issue to be dealt with privately.

Gaga responded with a ludicrous, classless, juvenile, passive-aggressive, whining hot mess of a public letter and made an absolute fool of herself.

In my opinion, both women - who are nearing 30 years old - need to sit down and stop crying like babies. But Gaga pushed it to a new level by making the whole thing public, and attempting to fish for undeserved sympathy for herself while directing criticism to the Osbornes, especially as she's supposed to be an anti-bullying campaigner.

i cant challenge anything you wrote here, because i agree with most of this post. although in fairness, i did also point out that gaga made a private matter public, i questioned the validity of her anti-bullying role and then later concluded that they're all hypocrites. we seem largely on the same page regarding this issue.