Options

County Cricket 2014

Comments

• Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And here is today's weather forecast.....rain

Hope the Test players get permission to play in all the games and not just selected ones at the behest of the ECB

Terrible news about Tim Poynton and his dad. Good mark of respect for Derby and Leics to call today's game off
  • Options
    jake1981jake1981 Posts: 5,716
    Forum Member
    Fancy Surrey might grab a one day cup this season with KP and Graeme Smith in our team. And hopefully Dernbach on England duty..

We are 6/1 for the T20 and 10/1 for the 50 over comp
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good start by Lancs :)

Put Notts in and have them at 27/3 with Jimmy getting 2 wickets

Hales scheduled to come in at 6 which seems odd
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jake1981 wrote: »
    Fancy Surrey might grab a one day cup this season with KP and Graeme Smith in our team. And hopefully Dernbach on England duty..

We are 6/1 for the T20 and 10/1 for the 50 over comp

Pietersen will only be in your team if you get to a final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good fightback from Notts with 50's for Samit and Hales

Approching the close , Notts are 264/9 with Jimmy getting 5/44 in 21 overs
  • Options
    jake1981jake1981 Posts: 5,716
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Pietersen will only be in your team if you get to a final.

Have you been having withdrawal symptoms in not being negative about KP

The quotes below are from cricinfo

"He is contracted for all the T20 fixtures," Gould said. "His contract allows him to play championship cricket and 50-overs cricket subject to his availability and we will see how that goes during the season."

The CPL is scheduled to run from July 5 to August 10. In that time, Surrey play their final five group matches in the space of a fortnight - all of which Pietersen has vowed to play.

Surrey, who are heavily promoting their T20 campaign around Pietersen's involvement, were quick to confirm that his ambitious plans have their full blessing.

Kevin Pietersen plans to play simultaneously in two Twenty20 competitions in England and the Caribbean as he becomes the ultimate jet-set commuter in his attempts to keep his career alive after his exclusion from the England side.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/732255.html

Personally, I think he may struggle with this commitment but I'm sure he'll be playing more than just the final (assuming we're lucky enough to get there).

He has been spending a lot of time at the Oval coaching the younger players

Good Luck to him
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky games this coming season. T20 Blast, One Day and County

http://sport-onthebox.com/2014/04/07/2014-county-cricket-season-live-on-sky-sports/
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Trescothick scored 95 in his match today for Somerset against Leeds / Bradford MCCU, our (Somerset) first match in the County Championship is against Yorkshire at home on Sunday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good finish at Trent Bridge with Notts beating Lancs by 45 runs despite a gallant effort from Ashwell Prince and Tom Smith
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Good finish at Trent Bridge with Notts beating Lancs by 45 runs despite a gallant effort from Ashwell Prince and Tom Smith

After listening to it for four solid days I'm worn out!! How many times better is the CC than 20/16.4?? I'm a Lanky fan, and I'd rather have a day's cricket like this, starting with no chance, then the night watchman digs in, the *good* batsmen fail, the middle order recovers, the tail wags....than any flaming 20/16.4.

Bet there weren't many at the ground. But i bet every single one, home or away, loved every single minute.
  • Options
    Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howard h wrote: »
    After listening to it for four solid days I'm worn out!! How many times better is the CC than 20/16.4?? I'm a Lanky fan, and I'd rather have a day's cricket like this, starting with no chance, then the night watchman digs in, the *good* batsmen fail, the middle order recovers, the tail wags....than any flaming 20/16.4.

Bet there weren't many at the ground. But i bet every single one, home or away, loved every single minute.

Same in Northants v Durham game today. Last pair hanging on for 8 overs for the draw - more tense than any 20 over match. Full 4 days of play, no declarations, proper cricket all the way.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonathan Trott to take another break from Cricket.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/27074522

A recurrence of "anxiety issues" which I thought was supposed to be burn out?

Obviously wish him well but this recurrence is at county level where its been a stuttering start -and perhaps watching Ian Bell make 189 not out when you can only scratch around puts even more of a negative perspective on his own performance.
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heard this on the radio this morning

Wirral CC all out for 3

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/english-cricket-club-wirral-cc-all-out-for-three-in-match-against-haslington/story-fndpt0dy-1226897430005

Last man scored the only run off the bat spoiling what would have been a perfect scorecard
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Not County match but it's funny anyway as a club Cricket team were all out for 3 runs & 2 of those runs were extras. :Dhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/27177518
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    howard h wrote: »

I listened to quite a lot of the game against Warks on 5Live sports extra......I like listening to cricket on the radio, it's terrific that sports extra are having cricket on all the time if there's nowt else, so Mon, Tue, Wed it's cricket all the way !

Lancs were lucky to get away with a draw with Warks having to throw the bat as the weather closed in........and losing wickets

Poor start for lancs, I wonder if they're going to struggle and be down the bottom again........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

Poor start for lancs, I wonder if they're going to struggle and be down the bottom again........

You could be right

Lancs 114/9 against Northants at the moment ( mind you, we were 80/9)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be a bit of an iffy wicket.

Lancs 119 all out. Northants 133/8 with Jimmy taking 5
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must be a bit of an iffy wicket.

Lancs 119 all out. Northants 133/8 with Jimmy taking 5

...........iffy wickets all round seemingly in division 1. Although another century for Bell making possibly a decisive contribution against Notts-well looks that way given Notts are 43-6.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there anyway to listen to live bbc commentry of county cricket via a mobile phone app
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant century from Trescothick against Sussex at Hove, his last was in September 2012 :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More England men in the runs . Both Joe Root and Jos Buttler are 63* in their respective games
  • Options
    Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could be right

Lancs 114/9 against Northants at the moment ( mind you, we were 80/9)

We need 240. Might be too many. You have a quality attack and there has been something in the pitch through the match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great performance from Somerset today after their 372, have got Sussex 142 and 162/6, which means they still trail us (Somerset) by 68 runs going into the last day tomorrow.

Also outstanding from Lewis Gregory so far in this match he got 47 batting at number 11 yesterday and has bowling figures of 5/49 and currently 2/29.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Middlesex need a further 242 runs with 9 wickets remaining to successfully chase down 472 runs to win. I'm not sure where that would rank amongst the highest successful run chases in county cricket, but I'm sure it must be up there with the largest ones if they do it tomorrow.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Essex are 8 down with a 1st innings lead of 170 going into the final day. What are the rules on declaring in this situation? I would think it would be best for Essex to declare overnight and get Gloucs in to see if they can use the traditional early morning movement to get some quick breakthroughs and give themselves the best chance of snatching a victory. But Gloucs are one wicket away from the last bowling bonus point so would there be any issues with a declaration at this stage?