Andrew Derbyshire 2.3%
Kieran Lai 2.0%
Peat Loaf & Elaine 1.5%

http://www.itv.com/britainsgottalent/insider/the-votes-revealed

Comments

• Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    Bloody 'ell, looks like Collabro had the competition won before any of the finalists performed.

I would've liked them more if they didn't just look like a Westlife tribute act singing a song from Les Mis. It just bored me tonight.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for those stats. :)

I found it really interesting reading.
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So poor Jodie was the only one to miss out in her place in the final. The public voted her second and she didn't get through
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, so on %s the correct act went through in second place apart from Addict Initiative vs Jodi.

Also based on % Jodi maybe should have had the wild card (although in reality i am glad she didn't)
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting stats, basically the top 4 were the four clear semi final winners so no great surprises really. I am very surprised Collabro won it by such a large margin though, I thought they were good but they didn't really stand out to me as a clear winner. I actually had no idea who would win when it went down to the last three.
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    The final figures goes to prove how bad the 2nd semi final was.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Interesting that Cleggy was the only third place semi act that wasn't a singer or dancer. Probably why he got the wild card.
  • Options
    Jo VialityJo Viality Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Interesting that Cleggy was the only third place semi act that wasn't a singer or dancer. Probably why he got the wild card.

He actually had the worst percentage.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    Interesting stats, basically the top 4 were the four clear semi final winners so no great surprises really. I am very surprised Collabro won it by such a large margin though, I thought they were good but they didn't really stand out to me as a clear winner. I actually had no idea who would win when it went down to the last three.

Well they got all the pimp slots, last of the final, last of the first semis, weren't they the last act of the first auditions show too?
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »
    So poor Jodie was the only one to miss out in her place in the final. The public voted her second and she didn't get through

It is clear to me that Cowell dumped on her so that he could have a big dance act to go first in the final.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see the British public getting behind the variety acts

I don't understand the obsession with singers, especially average ones like those on BGT this year
  • Options
    moty2000moty2000 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Well they got all the pimp slots, last of the final, last of the first semis, weren't they the last act of the first auditions show too?

Didn't Lucy get the last slot in the final!!
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised that Yanis got as much as 1% of the vote.
  • Options
    Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »

Last act on the first audition was Paddy & Nico wasn't it?
  • Options
    ButtonmoonButtonmoon Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Bloody 'ell, looks like Collabro had the competition won before any of the finalists performed.

I would've liked them more if they didn't just look like a Westlife tribute act singing a song from Les Mis. It just bored me tonight.

EXACTLY what I thought when I watched them last night x
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised that Yanis got as much as 1% of the vote.

Really? The only people I know who vote at all voted for Yanis, and I voted for him several times.

I would like to know how many votes there were in total - anyone know?
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »

The bookies must of been given those details as they were very short odds to win.
  • Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    The bookies must of been given those details as they were very short odds to win.

The bookies odds have nothing to do with voting figures - they change their odds according to how many people bet on them. The fact that the bookies had very short odds on them to win means that a lot of people were betting on them to win - not that the bookies had any insider info on the voting statistics!
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Addict Initiative had been on later in the show I think they could've done better in the voting.
  • Options
    TVFreakoTVFreako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »
    Final
    Collabro 26.5%
    Lucy Kay 17.0%
    Bars & Melody 14.3%
    Jack Pack 10.6%

Darcy Oake 8.5%
    James Smith 6.9%
    Jon Clegg 5.2%
    Lettice Rowbotham 4.0%
    Paddy & Nico 3.6%
    The Addict Initiative 2.4%
    Yanis, Arnaud & Mehdi 1.0%

http://www.itv.com/britainsgottalent/insider/the-votes-revealed

Worrying me mostly is those in bold. Those are where the singers finished. All five singers finished in the top 6 with only Darcy cracking a top 6 place in 5th. Obviously the percentages tells us all that the majority of the public clearly all voted for the singers. A total of 75.3% of the public voted between the singers. But why? Why do the public favour on BGT the singers so much?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TVFreako wrote: »
    Worrying me mostly is those in bold. Those are where the singers finished. All five singers finished in the top 6 with only Darcy cracking a top 6 place in 5th. Obviously the percentages tells us all that the majority of the public clearly all voted for the singers. A total of 75.3% of the public voted between the singers. But why? Why do the public favour on BGT the singers so much?

The bottom 5 acts were just not very good. A dog act and puppet act has won in the past so if it's good enough it will win.
  • Options
    TVFreakoTVFreako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Jo Viality wrote: »
    The bottom 5 acts were just not very good. A dog act and puppet act has won in the past so if it's good enough it will win.

Yeah but you can clearly see the singers at one side of the finishing order and the rest at the other. Why was this? You can't tell me the singers were just better than the other acts. The odds of that happening where all of one thing was 'just' better than all of the others is rare. Something else was in play for the same type of acts to be almost grouped together in the same places. I would love to know why it is singers are so well preferred by the general public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only non-singer to put in a polished performance was Oake - he was the only one who could possibly have beaten the singers. Unfortunately magic/illusions are not to the liking of a lot of people. None of the singers were really great but they were still too good compared to the other acts.
  • Options
    rainbow321rainbow321 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did one 'trick' with wobbly blades.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Its not really a competition as much as a platform for Cowell to find some new "talent" to make him some more money