Homeland Season 4 US pace

Comments

• lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been to the capitals of Pakistan and India, Islamabad and Delhi, and Islamabad is so well laid out/organised and clean, I was very surprised as I thought it would be like Delhi and it was nothing like it.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see episode 3 has leaked overnight.
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »
    I see episode 3 has leaked overnight.

And not the first time it has happened!
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I'm pleased the old titles have gone as they went on too long. I'm a big fan of short title sequences.

The titles are back for episode 3, and they are slightly different than they used to be. Slightly.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    lovetochat wrote: »
    ... the medical student looks interesting especially after we saw him clearing out those vials from his room (?vaccines against biological warfare?)

Wouldn't such things need to be kept somewhere cool, as opposed to a scruffy old holdall bunged under a hot outside space?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah which is why I looked again and it seems it's testosterone
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Yeah which is why I looked again and it seems it's testosterone

I thought it was more about drug dealing than terrorism re the medicine.

The criminals don't want him getting too much publicity in case it affects their business.
  • welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the same without Brody.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one watching? Had to check and double check I was in the US pace thread.

The Carrie scenes where she is on her own feel very lacking without some form of Brody element. Even when she was stood on the roof of the embassy having a smoke I just kept wishing Brody was there in some form or other. It sort of balanced her out because on her own I'm not sure it works but with Brody it added a bit more meat to her character.

I quite like the storyline this season. The whole double crossing type subject is quite real over there.. although this show probably only scratches the surface.

Not sure the future bodes well for Mr Quinn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carrie doesn't learn, now she's getting it on with Medical lad.
  • lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Carrie doesn't learn, now she's getting it on with Medical lad.

I didn't like that ending. As much as Carrie has a destructive personality (for want of a better word), I didn't think she would do that. I know she's slept around etc, but i really didn't find that plausible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lolla_7 wrote: »
    I didn't like that ending. As much as Carrie has a destructive personality (for want of a better word), I didn't think she would do that. I know she's slept around etc, but i really didn't find that plausible.

Yes I agree, it felt more like wishful thinking on the writers part. :)
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's turning into a soap opera, all that was missing was the Eastenders *Doof doofs*. I can see her getting pregnant by this boy.
    Forum Member
    I genuinely thought the first episode of this season was great, seems like it is going down hill now. I have little to no interest in Carrie anymore. Quinn is by far the most intriguing and sympathetic character for me now.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lolla_7 wrote: »

The ending was a tad implausible, if not ridiculous: Is this her way of getting him to trust her and speel whatever info he has on his terrorist uncle, or is it a foreshadowing of another pending downward mental spiral? If either, then it seems all too repetative. And the season started so well with the first two episodes. There is so little complexity to her character now and I'm not sure that Carrie being the main protagonist who holds the centre is sustainable, not if she continues to like she did this episode.

Also agree about Quinn: he is probably the only reason I watch these days. Oh, another thing: what makes Carrie think we would want the lying relative of a terrorist dumped over here on our shores?! Very presumptious of her to think so, considering it was on her CIA's watch that the US got themselves into this mess in the first place!:p
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Oh, another thing: what makes Carrie think we would want the lying relative of a terrorist dumped over here on our shores?!

Because of the FACT that when the US government says drop your trousers and bend over, our government obliges. We are reduced to the status of a nasty yapping little dog, following along behind the American bully, and everyone knows it. :(

As for Carrie shagging the asset, that was just stupid, lazy writing and not worthy of Homeland. She must be almost old enough to be his mum, for starters! I had high hopes when this series began, but it's rapidly going down hill, if this kind of nonsense is the best they can come up with.
  • MrTheDMrTheD Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Hhhhm, hard one to summarise isn't it.

The first 90% of last nights episode I really enjoyed, the plot with the ambassadors wife shed more light on the Episode 1 killing of Sandy, Quinn was fantastic as always and there was some good actual 'day job' work culminating with the twist of Haqqani still being alive.

However, much as with the baby in the bath scene in Episode 2, there was that one divisive scene at the end. In terms of the character and the storyline it makes total sense. Carrie has shown she will do anything for the job, use any means required to justify the end, knows this is a great way to earn Aayans trust and in addition we've seen before shes a fan of casual sex so even if you put anything aside it isn't wholly out of character.

Despite all this, I can't say I especially enjoyed it. It just felt unnecessary, the money loan, the fact he is scared and the promise of an escape route to London was surely enough to earn his trust, I don't think this was required and felt like a tacked on idea which really wasn't needed.

Unless they go down the route where she falls for him, in which event (and for the first time in 4 seasons) I would consider tuning out.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    The twist was the highlight of the episode for sure. The stuff with the ambassador's husband is interesting too. Anything to do with covert operations piques my interest, and then anything to do with Quinn having a moral crisis bores me to tears. At the moment it's like he's there for no other reason than to look sad and constantly tell Carrie what they do is wrong. I get it.

I like Carrie as a lead character. She's complex and flawed and I find her fascinating in a way, but I'd like to see a lot more of Saul too. Wasn't there a chat about him possibly taking over as director again?
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    The twist was the highlight of the episode for sure. The stuff with the ambassador's husband is interesting too. Anything to do with covert operations piques my interest, and then anything to do with Quinn having a moral crisis bores me to tears. At the moment it's like he's there for no other reason than to look sad and constantly tell Carrie what they do is wrong. I get it.

I like Carrie as a lead character. She's complex and flawed and I find her fascinating in a way, but I'd like to see a lot more of Saul too. Wasn't there a chat about him possibly taking over as director again?

I find Quinn's storyline brilliant. Even if I didn't though, I'd be more than happy with his pretty face on screen. Especially since I don't have Brody anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really implausible ending, didn't like it at all and agree it was unnecessary >:(
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had to ensure she has him 100% and sex was the most sensible and logical step. Yes he was scared and yes he was had the loan of the money but that was never going to be enough for her. Not nice to watch but 100% necessary from her point of view, She was always going to use that tactic from day one if not her she would have used Fara to do it.

It would have been more implausible if she did not go down that route
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Interesting to read these comments about Carrie's "seduction" of Aayan. Personally I found that scene as disturbing as the baby bath one. Just imagine if the sexes were reversed..... She's a complex character all right. Or is she just ruthless and single-minded because she is incapable of forming the sort of normal human relationships most of us would recognise? And since when has Quinn had a thing for her? I must have missed that nuance last series.
    I don't know. I find this show compelling and repulsive in equal measure. Carrie's character distracts sometimes from the plot and the interesting political subtleties. I'm kind of sick of all those extensive shots of her just walking somewhere purposefully.
    On the other hand, fascinating character and very unusual to see a female lead in such an unsympathetic role.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hendoll wrote: »
    Interesting to read these comments about Carrie's "seduction" of Aayan. Personally I found that scene as disturbing as the baby bath one. Just imagine if the sexes were reversed..... She's a complex character all right. Or is she just ruthless and single-minded because she is incapable of forming the sort of normal human relationships most of us would recognise? And since when has Quinn had a thing for her? I must have missed that nuance last series.
    I don't know. I find this show compelling and repulsive in equal measure. Carrie's character distracts sometimes from the plot and the interesting political subtleties. I'm kind of sick of all those extensive shots of her just walking somewhere purposefully.
    On the other hand, fascinating character and very unusual to see a female lead in such an unsympathetic role.

It was subtly hinted at in the last series. I'm not sure if the hints came sooner than that but that's when I noticed it. One particular scene last year I felt he had a thing for her was when they did a stake out (re: some foreign spy or something) in some motel block and Carrie went rouge, again. Quinn had to shoot her in the arm (Ah, love!) before she blew the whole operation. There were others; they weren't that in-yer-face but something that bubbled away quietly in the background.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was so implausible about that ending? Even in the previous episode it was clear Carrie was trying to seduce Aayan to keep him close. The sex scene was obvious, you could see it coming a mile away. This is a woman who will do anything to get results remember. We've already seen her use similar tactics to get Brody to confide in her, this is not out of character at all.

Having sex with a young virgin though. This is bound to blow up in Carrie's face.