Speculation and rumoured contestants for next season

1235»

Comments

• Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The official announcement is in the next hour so they could be right, not sure.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From DS here

The pairings for the new season of Dancing With The Stars have officially been announced.

The professional dancers and their celebrity partners for the 11th season of the ABC competition were unveiled for the first time on Good Morning America today.

The couples are:

* Brandy and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    * Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
    * Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough
    * Margaret Cho and Louis Van Amstel
    * Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani
    * Florence Henderson and Corky Ballas
    * Michael Bolton and Chelsie Hightower
    * Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino and Karina Smirnoff
    * David Hasselhoff and Kym Johnson
    * Kurt Warner and Anna Trebunskaya
    * Kyle Massey and Lacey Schwimmer
    * Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From DS here

The pairings for the new season of Dancing With The Stars have officially been announced.

The professional dancers and their celebrity partners for the 11th season of the ABC competition were unveiled for the first time on Good Morning America today.

The couples are:

Seriously, what is with the blatant favouritism of Derek? Last season I was really happy to see him get Nicole, even after he had Joanna, because I do like him. But this is too much.

I really hope Audrina can dance. I want her and Tony to win. Also, Kyle and Lacey looks interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, what is with the blatant favouritism of Derek? Last season I was really happy to see him get Nicole, even after he had Joanna, because I do like him. But this is too much.

I really hope Audrina can dance. I want her and Tony to win. Also, Kyle and Lacey looks interesting.

I really do not get it either. I can't imagine what the other pros think.

Anyone heard any more about why Edyta left?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I.

The forums have been abuzz with this very idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how true this article is but I think Edyta's leaving has something to do with Alec.

http://www.icelebz.com/gossips/tv/_dwts_professional_dancer_edyta_sliwinska_quits/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Kym, Karina and Lacey are back. Dmitry out. He did twitter that he was "moving on." Maybe he is out of DWTS all together. I know a lot of people did not like him but I thought he was figuring out what his job was and would have given him one more season. He was supposed to be partnered with Audrina last season but she dropped out at the last minute.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    No Julianne either. The ABC message boards don't seem to be too pleased at Derek getting Jennifer Grey but she is 50 after all, so we'll have to wait and see if she can still dance. Although Donnie Osmond won his series, but I think that was more on a popular vote rather than being the best dancer (much like Chris last year on Strictly lol).

I would dearly love to see Maks or Tony win this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, no Julianne but she is filming Footloose and choosing not to be on the show. I think Dmitry was disappointed. Glad to see Kym and Karina back.

I do agree it would be nice to see Tony or Maks win this year. Maks has already said he thinks he is going to make the finals after a few days of practice.
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    No Julianne either. The ABC message boards don't seem to be too pleased at Derek getting Jennifer Grey but she is 50 after all, so we'll have to wait and see if she can still dance. Although Donnie Osmond won his series, but I think that was more on a popular vote rather than being the best dancer (much like Chris last year on Strictly lol).

I would dearly love to see Maks or Tony win this year.

I can see Jennifer Grey being popular as well though. Not that I have any sort of problem at all with the popular vote, I believe that's what the show is about, more than great dancing.

I'd dearly love to see Tony win this season :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    I don't know how true this article is but I think Edyta's leaving has something to do with Alec.

http://www.icelebz.com/gossips/tv/_dwts_professional_dancer_edyta_sliwinska_quits/

I can see how hard it must have been for them as a couple if she was committed for so much time to DWTS without him.

So glad Kim is back! :D

I have no problem with the popular vote either - as long as the celeb can dance as well! I don't want a duffer like John Sergeant or Cloris Leachman - that kind of popularity is not popular with me! :D
  • *Wysiwyg**Wysiwyg* Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From DS here

The couples are:

I only recognise FOUR of the 'celeb' names!!!!!:eek::eek:

I'd better start 'Googling' to get me upto speed.

Really pleased to see Karina and Lacey back again.:)
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about Tobias Fothergill? :confused:
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The couples are:

* Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke[/I]

Good i'm glad Maks got Brandy, hopefully he'll win it this year.
    Also glad Edyta and Dmitri aren't in it as i didn't like them much.
    Which Anna is that the red head or tall blonde?
  • *Wysiwyg**Wysiwyg* Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    Good i'm glad Maks got Brandy, hopefully he'll win it this year.
    Also glad Edyta and Dmitri aren't in it as i didn't like them much.
    Which Anna is that the red head or tall blonde?

The red head, married to Jonathan Roberts.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Wysiwyg* wrote: »
    The red head, married to Jonathan Roberts.

Tks :)

The blonde Anna has only done one series and she was the one in that comp to find a new pro :confused:
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »

Here the original story from TMZ

According to her twitter Edyta was "terribly misquoted and misinterpreted everything I said" and that she is studying Media & Communication at UCLA and is moving forward with her life.

Hate saying this because of all the Lilia's rumours on this site but on e news Mark Ballas said that they (Edyta & Alec) are hoping to start a family . It seemed to have been a mixture of reasons.

Never understood why they split Alec & Edyta anyways it like if SCD decided to split Darren and Lilia :rolleyes: :D Why use one of a partnership?? Seems quite common on DWTS tho with Anna and Jonathan.

Edyta seems nice enough but her choreography was very similar no matter who her partner was & seemed to centre more on her strengths than her partners.

As for Derek and the favoritism I don't really mind as he is one of the best choreographer on the show but it does seem unfair and seems to suggest that DWTS are worried that the rumours about him leaving for strictly are true.

Glad Karina, Lacey & Kym are back. As for Dmitry I always thought he was a great dancer just not a good teacher and never warmed to Damien.