Options

Anyone else find Calum entertaining in a David Brent type of way?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He's such a cringe. Very aware of the cameras and how he's coming across. Some of the things he does and says are just so awkward. Finding it pretty amusing.

Comments

• Options
    scotslassiescotslassie Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw David Brent in him last night, definitely.

Callum's mistake is he rarely smiles or has a laugh with anyone. Everything has to be deep and serious and meaningful.

Now it would be too late to come over all cheerful because we know he's not like that. He's kind of messed it up for himself, which is a shame. But, like Brent, he's not a bad guy.
  • Options
    MisoSoupMisoSoup Posts: 14,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find him self conscious and awkward but sadly not in an amusing or funny way - just in an awkward way

Dexter, on the other hand, was hugely entertaining, in an Alan Partridge type of way
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,114
    Forum Member
    I hope Callum stays consistent because it will make the others more wary of him :-)
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    I didn't find David Brent entertaining, so no. Cringeworthiness is just like nails on a blackboard to me.
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    I didn't find David Brent entertaining, so no. Cringeworthiness is just like nails on a blackboard to me.

agree cant stand David Brent
  • Options
    didgital_spydidgital_spy Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, he's getting better to watch each day, you feel he could explode any minute:

"..okay Dan, I'll take that on boa-- ...ACTUALLY JUST F*** OFF YOU C***"

*looks at a shocked Charlie*

"Head massage?"
  • Options
    radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    what is so lovely about david brent is the perfection of an actor playing that falsely-sincere, deluded sort of pathetic persona so well. what is less enjoyable about callum is that not only is he actually that way but that he also has the front to pretend to be a womanising, mom/daughter shagging jack the lad. even brent wouldn't go that far! brent is entertaining because he's a character. callum, because he actually IS this way is just creepy and repugnant -- a bit like brent's friend, the loathesome Finchy. Callum is the worst of both worlds.
  • Options
    MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    You've put your finger on what I felt about him OP, but I couldn't work out. Right from the start his homilies and 'advice' to othe HMs has made me cringe - although now both FMs and HMs are seeing through his act.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Nothing like David Brent, but yes, for now Callum's schtick is still pretty amusing. It'll get boring again soon though won't it? With no further development.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, since you asked, yes -
    neither is funny.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, he's getting better to watch each day, you feel he could explode any minute:

"..okay Dan, I'll take that on boa-- ...ACTUALLY JUST F*** OFF YOU C***"

*looks at a shocked Charlie*

"Head massage?"

:D:D:D This must happen.

I do like him because of his awkward insincerity (and i do think he's a genuinely nice guy just trying too hard). He's so cheesy but agree that he is awfully humourless. I can actually understand why Dan gets so frustrated with him - he'd get on my wick living with him too. You'd never feel you were seeing the real callum.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all like Brent . He's taking the experience far too seriously . As a poster said he needs to lighten up and have a good laugh and just enjoy his time in the house.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I cringed so bad when Charlie was upset a few days back and he was letching all over her, then he was like "aww, come here and give me a hug" and she was like "no, it's ok" and he was like "just one hug!!" :D Was so embarrassing and obvious he couldn't give a toss about cheering her up, he was just lusting after her again :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's getting cringier and cringier .... Charley more or less telling him to get lost last night was so awkward, as was his response
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is getting funnier the bigger the git he looks. He's like an even more gormless version of the one who married that Grace weirdo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    definitely got subtle brentish undertones. hes like a brent who's obsessed with being nice rather than success.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Callum's creepy rather than awkward.
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least David Brent isn't real so you can just be uncomfortably amused (or not) by him. Callum on the other hand IS real and he makes me shudder to the point where I'd hate to bump into him in an alley on a dark night. Does he think he's some kind of Svengali - mesmerising and controlling with those weird massaging/stroking routines? Or is he more like that villain chappie in whichever Bond film it was who sits stroking that white cat?..........:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    definitely got subtle brentish undertones. hes like a brent who's obsessed with being nice rather than success.

Ha ha, totally.
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cringe!

3.40pm: Oooh, Hazel and Joe are talking about Charlie, specifically a hug-snub she laid on an open-armed Callum earlier. #bbuklive
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catspaw wrote: »
    At least David Brent isn't real so you can just be uncomfortably amused (or not) by him. Callum on the other hand IS real and he makes me shudder to the point where I'd hate to bump into him in an alley on a dark night. Does he think he's some kind of Svengali - mesmerising and controlling with those weird massaging/stroking routines? Or is he more like that villain chappie in whichever Bond film it was who sits stroking that white cat?..........:eek:

You can easily cancel out any fear by looking at his face and realising he looks like Roy Cropper out of Corrie. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    Cringe!

3.40pm: Oooh, Hazel and Joe are talking about Charlie, specifically a hug-snub she laid on an open-armed Callum earlier. #bbuklive

so snubbed once again .... awkward :o

he's so slow and boring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqHhjGEz9c

I also find it patronising the way he over does the literal sign language attempts when talking to Sam ... Sam seems to hear OK with his hearing aids and lip reading
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    Cringe!

That poor bugger.
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    so snubbed once again .... awkward :o

He's really not getting the message is he? :D
  • Options
    Joanne yyJoanne yy Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Timalloy84 wrote: »
    He's such a cringe. Very aware of the cameras and how he's coming across. Some of the things he does and says are just so awkward. Finding it pretty amusing.

David Brent was hilarious - sooo witty - Callum - Yuck - no sense of humour whatsoever, and really expressionless, cold eyes and calculating - please Charlie (you lovely girl) stay away from him .............:eek: