Options

My dog has rectal polyp

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi yesterday I noticed a small pink lump protruding from my 8 year old bitches bottom , paniced as she was also bleeding from the same place. Needless to say it was a mad dash to the vets today, and thankfully she has been diagnosed as having a polyp ( I was terrified it was something much worse, never Google anything medical lol).
She is now booked in for an op to have it removed on Tuesday, and I'm interested to hear if any other dog owners have any experience of this procedure? The vet did mention its a simple op, but recovery can be a bit problematic, and regular visits will be needed for a while, but not how long a while will be.
I will be very grateful for any tips of what to expect from anyone who can help :)

P.S. Sorry if you've read this while eating your dinner :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry i cant help with any advice but i wanted to wish you and your dog good luck xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Lost_Soul, I really appreciate your kind wishes. I know I will be a nervous wreck while she's at the vets lol. I will come back and post after the op, it may be helpful to others in future you never know.