Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2014 Season

Old Yesterday, 16:38
dansus
Forum Member

What would be so different about a hardcore broadcast though? If FOM ever did get their online broadcast thing going, they could have an option that lets you choose which trackside camera to watch from, I mean it would be a killer for bandwidth, but it would be cool.

But yeah in terms of presenters: Bob Constanduros & Ben Edwards as the commentary (No need for in-vision presenters, stick to the world feed 24/7 and just commentate over it.
Good point, dispense with the waffle and focus on the racing and tech.

So maybe;

Peter Windsor and Buxton up front (grid walk ect)
Lee and Mara Sangiorgio chasing after drivers
Theodore and Gascoyne in the pits
Edwards and Brundle on comms
Chandhock for analysis
dansus is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old Yesterday, 17:08
Jonpollak
Forum Member

Like that line up.
Just a matter of time I reckon. TV revenues will fall as the sport sinks on the public radar.
Tata has the infrastructure in place, they just need to reconfigure the monetisation and business model.

Oh and Tone: That namby pamby, misinformed rubbish exemplifies the reason successful Britons move off-shore.This misbegotten egalitarianistic society that wants everyone to contribute to support the professional lay about state and make mummys front room all nicey nicey. Reprehensible.

Who would want to live here if ya didn't have to??

Jp
Jonpollak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:42
BenFranklin
Forum Member

Your hardcore lineup has Steve Rider as presenter with Mark Webber, David Coulthard and Jenson Button as the pundits.

Ben Edwards as lead commentator with Martin Brundle alongside him, Ted Kravtiz in the pits, Louise Goodman in the pen doing the interviews.

That would be your master signal commentary, pressing the red button not only gives you alternative direction (as in the days of F1 Digital+, if you want to focus on a particular battle, you can do so) but also alternative commentary. Mark Gascoyne, Gary Anderson and Eddie Jordan would be the commentary of choice for the super hardcore amongst us.
BenFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:49
dansus
Forum Member

Your hardcore lineup has Steve Rider as presenter with Mark Webber, David Coulthard and Jenson Button as the pundits.

[]...alternative commentary. Mike Gascoyne, Gary Anderson and Eddie Jordan would be the commentary of choice for the super hardcore amongst us.
Too many pundits, leave that stuff to the mainstream.

Mike, Gary and EJ doing comms?! That would be hilarious.. for about 10mins.
Old Yesterday, 19:53
solarflare
Forum Member

EJ on co-commentary duty, I think I dreamed that one and woke up screaming.

I think the old alternative CBBC commentary would be more listenable.

Oh good grief, it looks awful in daylight at least... The only thing I can possibly see it being useful for is telling the drivers current position, after all, the tyre compound is already indicated by the colour of the driver's tyre walls, which are clearly visible anyway, and you can now more easily identify a driver's name via their number on the car anyway...
Does slightly smack of someone desperate to be known in the F1 paddock for a reason, as opposed to being "Lewis Hamilton's dad". You could kinda pretend when he was his "manager", and latterly Di Resta's, but...nahhh.

In other news, I see SSF1 is repeating all the races, kicking off from Monday. Bit nerdy but I'd kind of like it if they repeated the entire season, i.e. all the practices and quali too.
solarflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:11
BenFranklin
Forum Member

Mike, Gary and EJ doing comms?! That would be hilarious.. for about 10mins.
A chilled round table discussion as the race goes on, it would work really well.
Old Today, 01:40
stefmeister
Forum Member

There's a report going around suggesting that 2 of Formula E's primary owners will be selling there shares to CVC.
stefmeister is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:41
dansus
Forum Member

A chilled round table discussion as the race goes on, it would work really well.
I have a sense it would descend into farce, so im all for it.
Old Today, 12:38
FOM Fan
Forum Member

That was basically the Master channel on F1D in 2002 though. I felt that would be a bit boring though, surely you want to see the race, rather than see people talking about it live? Unless you stuck the 4:3 Feed in the corner as a PIP?

Also F1 has agreed to drop both Double Points and Standing SC Restarts for 2015. Hurrah http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116953
FOM Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:43
BenFranklin
Forum Member

Oh and Tone: That namby pamby, misinformed rubbish exemplifies the reason successful Britons move off-shore.This misbegotten egalitarianistic society that wants everyone to contribute to support the professional lay about state and make mummys front room all nicey nicey. Reprehensible.
If all the millionaires paid their tax in this country, then maybe we'd be able to afford to give Silverstone the government support that Bernie wants.

In fact, if it wasn't for governments around the world paying Bernie lots of money to host F1, there would be a lot less money in the sport, so lets not sneer too much at people asking for tax to be paid properly, you rely on it more than you care to let on.
Old Today, 21:00
Jonpollak
Forum Member

Hey.. It's your f-ed up government that makes the rules in including letting British passport holders scarper off to wherever as long as they are seen to be 'Promoting British Interests.'
It's the culture of the acceptance of failure that pervades this place and perpetuates the notion that 'if they earn it we want it'..that's what gets me. Entitlement hogwash.

Jp
Jonpollak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 21:50
F1 Mike
Forum Member

He's got the red stuff, not the blue

Airwaves chewing gum perhaps?
F1 Mike is offline   Reply With Quote