Official Cast Announced.

124»

Comments

• kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone hear about the new rules? Apparently they are only allowed to train for 6 (i think it was 6) hours a day and only for 6 day they have to take at least one day off a week to stop people getting injured
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    You are right Maksim wasn't the only one to complain but he was the first and he was the harshest then at the end he changed his mind and wanted Melissa to win because of Tony. It was a pity he didn't think of Tony before talking in the first place :rolleyes:

Once he was out of the show himself, he was clearly going to route for his friend. At the end of the day, Melissa did have a huge unfair advantage, but if the 'dancing' was what was judged, then she was clearly the winner.
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Did anyone hear about the new rules? Apparently they are only allowed to train for 6 (i think it was 6) hours a day and only for 6 day they have to take at least one day off a week to stop people getting injured

I will try to find the official link but I believe in the beginning they are limited to 5 hours a day with a break every 2 hours. They must take one day off. I guess last they were going 7 days a week for 8-9 hours a day to get ready for the first show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5-6 hours a day, 6 days a week, should be more than adequate, and even that is a lot for any of those who are also having to do their normal 'day-jobs'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    5-6 hours a day, 6 days a week, should be more than adequate, and even that is a lot for any of those who are also having to do their normal 'day-jobs'.

I just found it funny that they had to make it a rule. You would think that 6 hours a day for 6 days would be more than enough and they esp the professionals should know that they could risk injury if they did more than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read Gilles was training about 9 hours perday
    I heard they were cutting down the hours but if it's still 6 hours that still sounds like enough time to get things done. But I guess it's what you do with that time
  • LilystarLilystar Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Maks is living up to his reputation again this season. He's done an interview with tvguide.com, and he talks about people with previous dance experience, not getting on with Denise (which he openly admints), and says there is a rule about limiting training, but no-one takes any notice!

Maksim's Big Dancing Diss

I'm pretty sure he likes being seen as a bit controversial.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilystar wrote: »
    Maks is living up to his reputation again this season. He's done an interview with tvguide.com, and he talks about people with previous dance experience, not getting on with Denise (which he openly admints), and says there is a rule about limiting training, but no-one takes any notice!

Maksim's Big Dancing Diss

I'm pretty sure he likes being seen as a bit controversial.

Maks loves being controversial :p:D it keeps him on the show series after series as well as his dancing.

it was obvious that Maks didn't get on with Denise even though the press tried to say that they were too cosy at the start of the series and that Karina was jealous :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for the training rule I read on twitter of one of the celebs that on his break day that he met his partner and dance for three hours and that was his day off :D:D

I think it rather funny that when Strictly is now mixing the couple and getting them to dance a latin and a ballroom dance (which i think is a great idea) whereas DWTS are now having male celebs first then females
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was just interviewed on the show by Eamonn & Ruth, ostensibly about her new book "Fierce", but they also talked about her tattoos - which will obviously be very visible in her dancing dresses! - and asked her about DWTS.

She said it was the "most fun" she'd ever had on a TV Show, she was training hard with Louis Van Amstel, who she got on with great, he knew when to push her and when to stop. She did Pilates exercises for 1 hour every day, followed by 5 hours of Dance training with Louis.

They may put up a video clip of the interview on the ITV website soon, if so, I'll post a link. :)
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To anyone who is interested Maks twittered this:
    After getting engaged New Year's Eve 2008, the Dancing With the Stars celebs called it quits in September. He Twittered, "What was meant to be a 'life long book', turned into a 'chapter'.......and now that 'chapter' is finished."

Evidently Maks and Karina have split. Why do I have a feeling that backstage will be a little uncomfortable this season. The tabloids will grab this and try give an explanation. I hope they are both okay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    To anyone who is interested Maks twittered this:

Evidently Maks and Karina have split. Why do I have a feeling that backstage will be a little uncomfortable this season. The tabloids will grab this and try give an explanation. I hope they are both okay.

I doubt it will cause problems backstage; dancers are used to working alongside ditched partners, whether ex-life partners or ex-dance partners!!

But agree the tabloids will probably manage to have a field day!!
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it will cause problems backstage; dancers are used to working alongside ditched partners, whether ex-life partners or ex-dance partners!!

I agree it will be the tabloids who take the most notice - just like in the UK! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree it will be the tabloids who take the most notice - just like in the UK! ;)

And don't forget tv & radio! They're just as bad at "mixing it" as the papers, sometimes worse!
  • ErinfanErinfan Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member

I agree, they are used to it. However you can definitely see the tension between ex partners on the circuit and there can be a lot of bitchiness!! Maks and Karina are both very professional though and they have known each other for so long now. I just hope for their sake it was an amicable split.

Karina and ex partner Slavik always seemed so incredibly in love with each other and she also had loads of chemistry with Mario. I never really got the same feeling with Maks, so I'm not that surprised about them splitting. (I obviously have no idea about their feelings and I'm sure they were in love at one stage considering they got engaged - just commenting that I never saw much chemistry between them)
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And don't forget tv & radio! They're just as bad at "mixing it" as the papers, sometimes worse!

I always feel they are always either trying to catch up by repeating what the tabloids say or are looking for the slightest hint of a story - even on BBC radio channels like R5 which for some reason doesn't seem right to me - a bit 'beneath' them LOL! :D

Victoria Derbyshire and Kate Silverton are two that spring to mind!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://uk.eonline.com/videos/v38358769001_Why_Did_Karina_and_Maks_Split_.html

it seems very bitter according to this but you know what magazines can be like :rolleyes: - info from people.com.

Karina and Maks are supposed to be dancing on the Emmys next week but they will probably dance with someone else on the show. Maks will probably dance with Anna (the one who won the pro comp last year) and Karina will dance with Louis or Tony and they will only see each other for the shows which are a couple of hours a week and for rehearsal if they are in the group/pro dances.