Cat food?!

2»

Comments

• North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realshocks wrote: »
    You sound like an utter moron. What a stuck up, objectionable and tactless person. Seriously, if this country could have a vet, the first operation that the UK would require would be to remove the likes of you from its corpus. I hope that you read this, although I am well aware that you have neither the intelligence nor the sensitivity to realise the truth of my sentiments.

I think we've got a WUM here, hasn't posted since 2009 and then comes in with this. Had a nice five year holiday somewhere perhaps. :o

By the way, occupation 'Teacher', let's hope not.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feed my cat twice a day. She has a mixture of Royal Canine dried for senior cats (she is nearly 10) and 40g of good quality wet food. As I only have the one I do tend to get her the wet food with a high percentage of fish e.g high life or waitress. She doesnt like meat but loves fish. Tried her with the cheap brands but doesnt touch the stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I recently provided home for two 8-month old kittens (6 weeks ago). They like GoCat, love Whiskas and Aldi's dry food. They could murder for the chewy soft sticks from Aldi, the Felix Goodie Bags, Whiskas Dentibites, and Aldi's pouch snacks.

Last week I was in a hurry and did not want to go to any other shop, so after picking up some pastry from Netto (KAT brand), I decided to try their cat food. The result: they only ate a bit, and developed a really bad upset stomach, 3 days of diarrhoea.:(Had to pop out for some Whiskas, removed the rest of the Netto stuff and they are on the mend now. :kitty:

I actually compared Aldi's nutrition with GoCat, and it seems to be the same more or less, just a bit more vitamins.

I believe Aldi is OK with cat food, but their cat litter is awful at the moment. I buy mine from Wilkos, it is clumping but not as harsh on their paws as the new Aldi one.

Do not try Netto's cat food, period.
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beast can be awfully picky with cat food.

He generally likes Felix fish flavour sachets, but can then randomly decide he doesn't like it anymore, so I buy Whiskers sachets and he snarfs that down until he decides that is no good.

He won't eat tinned cat food.

He has only had dried food when we used to leave him for a weekend when we went to visit my parents. Bowls of it left in the kitchen for him to eat.

He ate a lot of it (probably because that all there was) but it was obvious he wasn't keen because we would come back to upturned bowls; as if he had a tantrum:D Now he comes with us, dried food is off the menu.

We have discovered he likes chicken livers which are dead cheap, and only take a few minutes to cook, so he gets them when he has decided that Felix or Whiskers is beneath him.

He also gets random meat pieces (off cuts from the deli counter going cheap) and is partial to Morissons packet wafer thin chicken.

In his old age he has started behaving a bit like a dog; when we are sitting down to dinner he will batter in, and sit and 'beg' so he gets a bit of whatever meat/poultry we are eating to get rid of him.

He loves cheese, any cheese:D but he doesn't get it often because I'm not sure it's good for him.

Often stores have offers on cat food, so it is worth taking advantage and stocking up on them if moggy eats them.

To be honest, what with store offers, his begging, and random love of cheap offal and offcuts, not to forget his love of snarfing down whatever he can catch, the Beast is pretty economical to keep on the road.