DWTS Season 17 Cast Rumours

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
As the SCD rumours are unusually thin on the ground, I thought I'd collate the rumoured names so far for the next season of DWTS.

We have-

Paula Deen- Controversial Cook

Tony Kanaan- Indy 500 Champ
Jon Gosselin- Reality TV muppet

Feel free to contribute more as and when you hear them!

Comments

• j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Is it true that Len may not be returning?
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for now, I've not heard any more 'rumours', but I know that Jersey Shore's Pauly D, R&B singer Ne-Yo and Jerry Maguire star Regina King all recently expressed interest in a PEOPLE Magazine feature.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Surely they will say yes to Ne-Yo?

I'd love Michael Buckley to do it, I know he does ice dance and won a competition with Sinead Kerr recently, think he'd be good and fun (and a really nice guy too)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see Regina King on there.

Pauly D could be interesting, if only to see if he is any worse than The Situation
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit later a cast announcement - September 4th, with the premiere 12 days later.
    Forum Member
    Paula Deen is out.

So we could get Strictly cast on the 3rd and DWTS on the 4th!
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geraldo Rivera, 70 year old news reporter, said he was asked to do DWTS this season but he turned them down. Thanks heavens - I figured Tristan would get him.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Is it true that Len may not be returning?

No. The press release for season 17 confirms the judging line-up is staying the same and there will be 12 celebs. I had wondered if they might have fewer to fit it all in to the single show. Also confirms how the elimination/voting will function.

press release - 8/8/13
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    No. The press release for season 17 confirms the judging line-up is staying the same and there will be 12 celebs. I had wondered if they might have fewer to fit it all in to the single show. Also confirms how the elimination/voting will function.

press release - 8/8/13

Darn...:(
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kym Johnson will not be on the U.S. DWTS this season but she will be a judge on the Australian version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks Karma :). John Stamos would be nice :)
    Elsa wrote: »
    Kym Johnson will not be on the U.S. DWTS this season but she will be a judge on the Australian version.

Glad Kym's not on. She's a lovely, lovely person, but goodness, she seemed wrung out by it all last season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Thanks Karma :). John Stamos would be nice :)

Glad Kym's not on. She's a lovely, lovely person, but goodness, she seemed wrung out by it all last season.

Hi soupy yes a bit of John Stamos would be v nice;)

Lol poor Kymie wasn't at her best last season, think we have seen most of her repertoire. Wonder if they will put Witney in her place??? Anyone know the pro line up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi soupy yes a bit of John Stamos would be v nice;)

Lol poor Kymie wasn't at her best last season, think we have seen most of her repertoire. Wonder if they will put Witney in her place??? Anyone know the pro line up?

No, it hasn't been announced, but it seems Derek is in, Val too (I think). Mark saying he hasn't heard yet, but might be playing games. Maks might even be back :eek: ... a mistake, if you ask me, but hey... Some speculation that Emma could be in for Kym because of her not being on Strictly.... Hints also from Chelsie and Sharna that they could be back.

Will keep an eye on *you know where*... :D
    Forum Member
    No, it hasn't been announced, but it seems Derek is in, Val too (I think). Mark saying he hasn't heard yet, but might be playing games. Maks might even be back :eek: ... a mistake, if you ask me, but hey... Some speculation that Emma could be in for Kym because of her not being on Strictly.... Hints also from Chelsie and Sharna that they could be back.

Will keep an eye on *you know where*... :D

BIB could be right soupy, more experienced than Whitney. Wonder if Lindsay will be given another shot, know some thought she wasn't mature enough in some ways, but I liked her? Same here, not keen on Maks coming back, think he overshadowed Val a bit. Yes I'd heard the rumblings of Sharna and maybe Chelsie, hope Sharna's back thought she was really good at choregraphy and certainly made the best of Andy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to https://twitter.com/DWTSGossip confirmed pros are:

Tony
    Derek
    Val
    Mark

Karina
    Peta
    Cheryl

I'd like to see Lindsey, Sharna and Emma make up the girls.

I could have done without Tony and Mark.

Would like Gleb to get another shot and they must, must, must have Tristan. Surely?? :eek:

...but if Maks comes back, there wouldn't be room for both :cry::cry:

ETA: DwtsGossip saying Maks is not returning....
    Forum Member
    According to https://twitter.com/DWTSGossip confirmed pros are:

Tony
    Derek
    Val
    Mark

Karina
    Peta
    Cheryl

I'd like to see Lindsey, Sharna and Emma make up the girls.

I could have done without Tony and Mark.

Would like Gleb to get another shot and they must, must, must have Tristan. Surely?? :eek:

...but if Maks comes back, there wouldn't be room for both :cry::cry:

ETA: DwtsGossip saying Maks is not returning....

Thanks for the update soupy, Would have preferred neither Tony or Cheryl tbh. Yes Tristan, please and give him someone with a sporting chance, this season for goodness sake, poor man deserves a break.

Derek and Mark I don't mind either although would like to see Derek cope with a duffer this season:D:D:D Mark's choreography wasn't that good at times last season imo maybe something to do with more contemporary dancing last time. Hope we get more of a variety of ballroom/latin dances this season, probably still going in the direction of SYTYCD though. Give Gleb a celeb with potential, to see if he can come up with the goods, not totally convinced by his choreo, but then he did have Lisa and Giggy to contend with previously:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update soupy, Would have preferred neither Tony or Cheryl tbh. Yes Tristan, please and give him someone with a sporting chance, this season for goodness sake, poor man deserves a break.

Derek and Mark I don't mind either although would like to see Derek cope with a duffer this season:D:D:D Mark's choreography wasn't that good at times last season imo maybe something to do with more contemporary dancing last time. Hope we get more of a variety of ballroom/latin dances this season, probably still going in the direction of SYTYCD though. Give Gleb a celeb with potential, to see if he can come up with the goods, not totally convinced by his choreo, but then he did have Lisa and Giggy to contend with previously:D

Agree with you about Cheryl. She's a woman in need of a change, if you ask me. I don't think Mark is very engaged with the show at all any more and just uses it for visibility to help his music career. I hope he can find some passion for it this time, or I'm done with him. (I'm sure he'd be distraught to hear that :p). I don't think there was too much Gleb could do with Lisa and Big G, so yes, hope he gets a good 'un. Likewise lovely Tris :).

Thought this twitter exchange was interesting....

DWTSGossip ‏
    Maks is not returning.

@V**********l
    Really? Is that confirmed?

@y********4
    I asked him yesterday at an event & he said no..it's the worst show :/

@C********2
    What, Maks said it's the worst show?!? it made him famous.

@Mi*****s
    They were mean to him.

@f*******3
    I hope this is true,I never want to see him treated like that again.He deserves better.

@y*****4
    thats what he said not sure if he was joking. i dont blame him after being on brdway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @DWTSGossip
    I guess - Anna and Chelsie r out and Emma and Lindsay r in #dwts

@F**********r
    You guess or this is for real?!

@DWTSGossip
    For real...
    Forum Member
    No news on Gleb yet- I've a feeling her won't be invited back :(

Celeb rumours are hotting up- Ross Lynch, Todd Carey and Gabby Douglas are the latest names.
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony did an interview and hinted that Sasha may be new pro.

So I can see how that would be a good thing for Emma and Sasha to be able to work together.

As long as Tristan is back....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    Tony did an interview and hinted that Sasha may be new pro.

So I can see how that would be a good thing for Emma and Sasha to be able to work together.

As long as Tristan is back....

Sigh. Oh, I do hope that's wrong. Sasha and his low cut cardis do nothing for me :(.

Can you remember where you saw the interview?

Pleeeeezzzzzze can we have Gleb and Tris?

(Hi Lili :))
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waves back to Fridge. At about 8:00 in this video. I listened again, maybe just him wanting Sasha but not an actual fact. Hard to hear interview because of all the noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU1m4r-Mw2s&list=UUptvO8c_KMltnPAliSLm0uw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waves back to Fridge. At about 8:00 in this video. I listened again, maybe just him wanting Sasha but not an actual fact. Hard to hear interview because of all the noise.

Yes, he seems to say, he'd like to see him as a pro and thinks he would make a good one....

hopefully, no more than wishful thinking :D
    Forum Member

Yes, he seems to say, he'd like to see him as a pro and thinks he would make a good one....

hopefully, no more than wishful thinking :D

Waves to Lili, thanks for vt. Lol Soupy at you not being a fan of Sasha's low cut cardies, showing the chesticles, me neither:D:D Seems a really good dancer but have to take Toni's word about Sasha's great personality?

A few more names bandied around, tanarexic, Patricia Krentcil amongst others. On a postivie she wouldn't need a spray tan:D:D;) On a negative - scraping the bottom of the barrel.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/160152/latest_dwts_season_17_casting

Might be interesting to see 'Dance Mom', only to see if Mark and Derek clash with her.