Options

new fishtank concerns

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
Forum Member
Hi
I have purchaced a new fish tank it's 130 ltrs and has on large curved piece of glass an on rectangular piece for the back. The back piece doesn't appear to have been attached straight it's slightly twisted meaning some edges petrude the front glass and some art covering the edges of the front piece. Does anyone know if this is likely to cause the tank to be less secure

Comments

• Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    It should be fine. The water tightness is solely dependant on the sealant holding the glass panes together. Is it a Juwel tank?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Aqua one aqua nano 130
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It should be fine. The water tightness is solely dependant on the sealant holding the glass panes together. Is it a Juwel tank?

I'm not sure that's true, although I'm no expert. Hopefully someone else will comment, but I thought it was important that all the surfaces were flush and as straight as possible? Perhaps consult your local fish store?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure that's true, although I'm no expert. Hopefully someone else will comment, but I thought it was important that all the surfaces were flush and as straight as possible? Perhaps consult your local fish store?

Yes, I agree with this. I wouldn't fill a 130 litre tank if the edges were anything less than perfectly square.