Options

Cattery smell

robrymondukrobrymonduk Posts: 910
Forum Member
✭✭
My cat has just come back from a long weekend in the cattery and though the premises was clean and everyone seemed happy...it has a 'catty' smell to it.

The problem is that now our cat has an odor on him...I can only describe it as a musty smell...a little like urine but not. I understand it is probably difficult to remove odors from the cages...however is there something I can spray the cat with to remove the smell?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Exactly as my cats smell like when they come back. We are so used to their normal smell that anything different is odd. Give it a couple of days and it will fade. Within a week it'll be gone.
  • Options
    robrymondukrobrymonduk Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reassurance. It is quite strong and was off-putting particularly if he will be joining us on the bed tonight! I wasn't sure weather this was normal really.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For that reason I stopped leaving my cat in a cattery. I have a cat sitter instead. She feeds the cat in the morning and evening and also spends a couple of hours with her. She was never happy in a cattery and the owner told me she hardly ate and always pined for us.