Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am shocked, I always thought he preferred the company of males!:eek::D
    I did too - but he's either a very good actor or he genuinely likes ladies (and ones only just over the age of consent;)) He'll make a lovely son-in-law:D
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my sons had the misfortune to be in the company of Glenn Hoddle (in a professional capacity).

Glenn Hoddle is a total arse.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Rod Stewart years ago at the Hong Kong football club he was kicking a ball about on the pitch and came over and chatted to a few 'ladies' and signed a few autographs, came over as very pleasant.
  • Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I met Ant and Dec - and I owe them both a HUGE apology.:eek: I have accused them of being histrionic divas who sold their souls to Nintendo in the past.:o They were sweet, charming and friendly AND bought me a glass of wine. Then sat in the bar chatting like ordinary people......I was gobsmacked.

Glad you found out how lovely they are :)
    I have met them various times over the last 16 years and they have always been friendly and down to earth. They don't seem to change!
    Also mentioned in other peoples 'not nice' celebs list which I disagree with is Duncan James, who is always lovely. He even grabbed me and my sister and took us into a celeb party once when he spotted us outside & introduced us to all his friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they are absolute sweethearts.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Here's my random selection (that I can remember at the moment):

Nice
    Michael Hutchence (off his t!ts, but lovely)
    Kurt Cobain (quiet, sweet)
    Cat Deely (very funny, she was a bit tipsy and a real giggle)
    Ray Winston (flirty and charming)
    Adam Faith (ditto)
    Liam + Noel Gallagher
    Damon Albarn
    Alex James
    John Thomson
    Steve Pemberton
    Thom Yorke + Phil, Radiohead
    Bez, Happy Mondays
    Roy Barraclough
    Steve Wright
    Bill Beaumont
    Tom O Connor
    David Essex
    Donald Sinden (lovely, charming, bought drinks for everyone)
    Gillian Taylforth
    Clare Short
    Bobby Whitlock, Derek + The Dominoes (eccentric!)
    Dean Gaffney (sat next to him on a plane - was surprised at how pleasant he was)
    Peter Stringfellow (ditto)
    Lorraine Chase

Not So Nice
    Bob Geldof (worked on a couple of projects with him. Would not like to do so again.)
    Derek Draper
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    No Stephen appears to like the ladies a lot from what we saw the other night :D .
    I did too - but he's either a very good actor or he genuinely likes ladies (and ones only just over the age of consent;)) He'll make a lovely son-in-law:D

Will have to take my gaydar in for a tune up it seems!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will have to take my gaydar in for a tune up it seems!:D
    Mine too, I always thought he was gay....but it seems my normally brilliant gaydar failed with him. Unless he is,indeed, a fabulous actor.............
  • mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,765
    Forum Member
    I'm chuffed to hear Ant and Dec are nice - I adore those two, and won't have a bad word said about them.

lovely, lovely guys they seem
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have meet lots of nice celebs
    Sporting stars quite few from Arsenal FC over the years(not since they moved to new stadium did win a signing for members day but it got cancelled due to bad weather we had recently)
    Jonathan Ansell lots of times always has time for everyone,and his wife Debbie King is lovely too(does Sun Quiz Live)
    I was at theatre in London with my friend and her mum and in the area just before you go into the theatre he spotted us and came over and chatted.
    He always has time for fans
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    met most of the strictly come dancing lot after seeing the live tour :

Ricky Groves - He was the nicest and the funniest and considering what he has been through he was in amazingly high spirits lovely man.
    Chris Hollins-Again very lovely
    Ali Bastian-The nicest celebrity i have ever met.She was quite chatty and talked to me and my friend for a while.
    Austin Healey-Very funny man :p.really liked him too
    Mark RampS-Lovely,even hotter in the flesh and quite shy
    Brian Fortuna-Again truly lovely and very funny.My favouite out of the pros i met :)
    Ian Waite-Lovely
    Ola Jordon-again very friendly
    Matt Culter-I love him but he seemed quite uniterested by fans and walked straight past us all (about 30 people).So i was a little disspointed.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    met most of the strictly come dancing lot after seeing the live tour :

Ricky Groves - He was the nicest and the funniest and considering what he has been through he was in amazingly high spirits lovely man.
    Chris Hollins-Again very lovely
    Ali Bastian-The nicest celebrity i have ever met.She was quite chatty and talked to me and my friend for a while.
    Austin Healey-Very funny man :p.really liked him too
    Mark RampS-Lovely,even hotter in the flesh and quite shy
    Brian Fortuna-Again truly lovely and very funny.My favouite out of the pros i met :)
    Ian Waite-Lovely
    Ola Jordon-again very friendly
    Matt Culter-I love him but he seemed quite uniterested by fans and walked straight past us all (about 30 people).So i was a little disspointed.

I suspect that Matt Cutler is actually just a few quiet and private person. It's interesting that two years ago a SCD contengent went the telly Baftas and he was the only one of them whose picture wasn't taken on the red carpet. He never looked happily when his photo was taken with Alesha despite the fact that they seemed to get on very well together on the show. Maybe it wasn't a good day that happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Cutler is cripplingly shy though. He genuinely doesn't "get" the hype if he's in the middle of a mob, like he must experience on tour. Just a very quiet guy, but absolutely lovely.

crazy_moo what venue did you manage to meet the Strictly lot at? I'm seeing them at the 02 so I'm thinking there is no chance I'll meet anyone but if I don't meet Team Cola soon I will cease to mentally exist!

x x x x x
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of my Dad's aunt was landlady of a pub. One day, in walked a middle aged man.

"Aren't you going to serve me then!? Don't you know who I am!?" snaps said man, when the landlady, being otherwise engaged, did not immediately drop all and run to pander to him.

"Oh, I know who you are alright, and you can get out! Go on!" came back the landlady. Off skulked the self important man, considerably deflated.

The identity of the man in question? Former Tory minister Kenneth Clarke! What a plum! Served him totally wholly right!

I found it hard to believe that anyone could be such a dork as to actually use the DUKWIA line in real life, until I had this story recounted to me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    penguin301 wrote: »
    Here's my random selection (that I can remember at the moment):

Nice
    Michael Hutchence (off his t!ts, but lovely)
    Kurt Cobain (quiet, sweet)
    Cat Deely (very funny, she was a bit tipsy and a real giggle)
    Ray Winston (flirty and charming)
    Adam Faith (ditto)
    Liam + Noel Gallagher
    Damon Albarn
    Alex James
    John Thomson
    Steve Pemberton
    Thom Yorke + Phil, Radiohead
    Bez, Happy Mondays
    Roy Barraclough
    Steve Wright
    Bill Beaumont
    Tom O Connor
    David Essex
    Donald Sinden (lovely, charming, bought drinks for everyone)
    Gillian Taylforth
    Clare Short
    Bobby Whitlock, Derek + The Dominoes (eccentric!)
    Dean Gaffney (sat next to him on a plane - was surprised at how pleasant he was)
    Peter Stringfellow (ditto)
    Lorraine Chase

Not So Nice
    Bob Geldof (worked on a couple of projects with him. Would not like to do so again.)
    Derek Draper

Words cannot describe how jealous I am that you've met Kurt Cobain. He's the one person (followed by Heath Ledger) I hate not having the chance to meet. :(

Geldof doesn't surprise me. The daughters are just as bad if my friend's recent meeting with Pixie if anything to go by, PG called my friend a "skanky tramp" because my friend was wearing her boyfriend's large and fraying hoodie (it's worth knowing said friend had recently come out of hospital, and her bf treated her to a weekend away in London, my friend still feeling weak emotionally always found a source of comfort and strength in wearing her bf's hoody). PG just stormed past her, snickering and giggling as she walked back down the street. My friend came home in an even worse state, gave me even more reason to dislike the Geldof's. :mad::mad:
    A friend of my Dad's aunt was landlady of a pub. One day, in walked a middle aged man.

"Aren't you going to serve me then!? Don't you know who I am!?" snaps said man, when the landlady, being otherwise engaged, did not immediately drop all and run to pander to him.

"Oh, I know who you are alright, and you can get out! Go on!" came back the landlady. Off skulked the self important man, considerably deflated.

The identity of the man in question? Former Tory minister Kenneth Clarke! What a plum! Served him totally wholly right!

I found it hard to believe that anyone could be such a dork as to actually use the DUKWIA line in real life, until I had this story recounted to me!

Not entirely sure why but I did picture Barbara Windsor when I read that bit :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was in primary school, every year my school took us to a fun day at Battersea Park run by the Variety Club. I remember singing "Moving on Up" to Heather Small and she was really nice. She still had big hair! :) I also was interviewed by Jeremy Beadle for ITV news. He was lovely. They couldn't use it as my delinquent classmates were sticking their fingers up behind me and he took all in his stride despite my teacher dragging them off by the collars calling them little sh***!

I have seen a few celebs out shopping in London. I met the girl who used to play Gemma in Family Affairs. My cousin decided to go up to her in H&M and asked her "Aren't you in Brookside?" She politely corrected her. I was in TopShop in Oxford Street when someone was loudly saying, "Oh my God! Can I not like shop in peace? I mean, just because I am famous doesn't mean I don't need my time. I just wish people would leave me alone!" I saw it was Keisha from the Sugababes and NO ONE had approached her. In fact most people didn't notice her until she started mouthing off. I remember someone asking "who is she?" and everyone laughing.

I used to work for a national newsagent/bookstore and have served Jack Dee. Miserable cheap git. I also served Adele Silva and she was really nice.

I forgot about Donny Osmond, he came to my church. Very pleasant and friendly. I also met Justin Fashanu and he hoisted me onto his shoulders. I didn't have a clue nor was I interested in who he was.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not entirely sure why but I did picture Barbara Windsor when I read that bit :)

I thought of her too. It would have been funny if she was the celebrity in question, with someone else telling her to "get outta my pub!"!
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    wrong thread :o
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Two virtually identical threads - shouldn't they be merged?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    my family often play golf with james jordan (strictly pro). Very lovely guy. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I met Ed Stewart at a record shop in Leeds in 1977
    Stuart Hall at a garage near where my mother would later look after Eddie Waring
  • lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i used to do cabaret with reeves and mortimer in their early days.
    nice blokes but terrible act.
  • jodiemg :)jodiemg :) Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nice

cheryl and kimberly and nadine from GA - after the out of control tour, they were very nice and downtoearth (well nadine and cheryl were becuase kim was talking to the person next to me and sounded very nice) and they signed my programme. everyone says nadine is snobby and up herself but she was lovely and cheryl was the same. they both had flat shoes on and nadine was just a bit taller than me but cheryl was tiny!!

not very nice

fiz from corrie - saw her in the trafford centre and sed to her your of corrie arent you? and she goes yes i am, and if u dont mind im trying to shop and walked away from me.
  • Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jodiemg :) wrote: »
    nice

cheryl and kimberly and nadine from GA - after the out of control tour, they were very nice and downtoearth (well nadine and cheryl were becuase kim was talking to the person next to me and sounded very nice) and they signed my programme. everyone says nadine is snobby and up herself but she was lovely and cheryl was the same. they both had flat shoes on and nadine was just a bit taller than me but cheryl was tiny!!

not very nice

fiz from corrie - saw her in the trafford centre and sed to her your of corrie arent you? and she goes yes i am, and if u dont mind im trying to shop and walked away from me.

I mentioned this on another forum I think, but I know someone who worked on Corrie who said the cast were really unfriendly, especially Anthony Cotton and one or two of the women. This person is an actor who has worked on quite a few other high profile shows and they said the Corrie cast were by far the worst they'd ever worked with.

I'm a fan of the show so was quite saddened to hear it.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I always liked Jennie McAlpine, shame to hear that she's been rude to people :(