Cheryl Cole Appreciation Thread!

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I loved that day. :D

The UK don't really have many awards shows really, we have The Brits and the Mobo's, those are the only two big televised ones I think.

It would be great if she was nominated for a Brit or two and also gets to perform at the awards.

The next thing we have to look forward to is that festival in Denmark on Monday. I wonder what her set list will be, I would love a couple new tracks performed, though she is relatively unknown there so probably won't get to do that many.

just the day? it still amuses me now.:D she did the brits before so its not beyond the realms of possibility, but perhaps she will back in girls aloud by then.

it will probably be a small set in denmark, but at least she`s getting about. i see that the single is starting its descend, still apparently her sales increased as well as the two place climb with sales over 24k for last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just realised, the next few weeks won't actually be that quiet.

Monday the 24th she will be performing at that festival.

Saturday and Sunday, 29th and 30th she should be on X Factor and also Xtra Factor.

Then October 7th her tour kicks off, so we will get videos and reviews etc, which will keep us entertained.

Also they must be planning on rush releasing Screw You, she doesn't have much time left before Girls Aloud get back together in November.

So actually it shouldn't be too quiet in regards to Cheryl.

what about the rumoured `red and black` and `alan carr` `appearances?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I just realised, the next few weeks won't actually be that quiet.

Monday the 24th she will be performing at that festival.

Saturday and Sunday, 29th and 30th she should be on X Factor and also Xtra Factor.

Then October 7th her tour kicks off, so we will get videos and reviews etc, which will keep us entertained.

Also they must be planning on rush releasing Screw You, she doesn't have much time left before Girls Aloud get back together in November.

So actually it shouldn't be too quiet in regards to Cheryl.

think the tour kick off on the 3rd in Belfast.

Just seen some previews for the new calender. Doesn't exactly lend itself to the younger fan - can't see many parents liking it.
  • Options
    benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo1810 wrote: »

Just seen some previews for the new calender. Doesn't exactly lend itself to the younger fan - can't see many parents liking it.

I can see myself liking it though. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check out DJ Fresh's new single The Feeling, which features RaVaughn who did backing vocals on FFTL and Promise This. I like it, it's really catchy.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    what about the rumoured `red and black` and `alan carr` `appearances?

I completely forgot about Red Or Black, though I have just looked back and the rumour was for the 22nd, so I presume we would have probably heard something by now.

Yeah Alan Carr aswell, really looking forward to that, though I presume that is some time away if it is for promo for Screw You. Though it might just be tour promo, who knows?
    jojo1810 wrote: »

I never realised it was as soon as that, really looking forward to the videos.

Really? Must go take a quick look. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I completely forgot about Red Or Black, though I have just looked back and the rumour was for the 22nd, so I presume we would have probably heard something by now.

Yeah Alan Carr aswell, really looking forward to that, though I presume that is some time away if it is for promo for Screw You. Though it might just be tour promo, who knows?

or right, so no `red and black` then? looking forward to alan carr though and the tour videos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rumours are back about Britney, I wonder where these come from if it is Cheryl/Will.I.Am's team or just the papers making it up.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a407577/william-wants-britney-spears-cheryl-cole-duet.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rumours are back about Britney, I wonder where these come from if it is Cheryl/Will.I.Am's team or just the papers making it up.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a407577/william-wants-britney-spears-cheryl-cole-duet.html

oh dear, will strikes again.:yawn:

"I told Rihanna there was this girl called Cheryl Cole and she is the pop princess of England," he said. "I was telling people in America they should collaborate.

"Hopefully it will happen soon.":sleep:

seriously though, when is he going to deliver the goods and get her some us work instead of making comments like this in the uk.:rolleyes: saying that, they have been recording together again, so perhaps for once he will put his money where is mouth is.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear, will strikes again.:yawn:

"I told Rihanna there was this girl called Cheryl Cole and she is the pop princess of England," he said. "I was telling people in America they should collaborate.

"Hopefully it will happen soon.":sleep:

seriously though, when is he going to deliver the goods and get her some us work instead of making comments like this in the uk.:rolleyes: saying that, they have been recording together again, so perhaps for once he will put his money where is mouth is.:o

Hopefully he will, but I just can't see Britney's team being up for it.

Plus it will all be pointless anyway, she doesn't really seem interested in doing long term promo, which it would take to break the states. She didn't even promote in Europe, where Call My Name was starting to gain some momentum, which would have been boosted if she had flew out and done a little promo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big promo for Cheryl at Judges' Houses. "SHE'S BACK!"

It will be good to see a fully rehearsed concert performance tomorrow. Maybe she will do a bit more promo in Europe this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    Big promo for Cheryl at Judges' Houses. "SHE'S BACK!"

It will be good to see a fully rehearsed concert performance tomorrow. Maybe she will do a bit more promo in Europe this week.

Yeah, that got me excited. :p

Do you know if this is going to be televised? I really hope it is and someone uploads it quickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Cheryl's set tomorrow might be longer than some of us originally thought, she seems to be on the big names.

She is the first name listed on this article,
    http://thevoice.dk/the-voice-12

Near the top on this one,
    http://thevoice.dk/the-voice-12/artister-2

And is one of the bigger names on the first day,
    http://thevoice.dk/images/stories/TheVoice12/Grafik/441x200_artikel_signatur_artister.jpg

So hopefully we will get a good few songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the X Factor clip was great. Just imagine what her intro could be for a Screw You performance.

There is an ad for the concert and Cheryl is 3rd after Flo Rida and Rita Ora. So I think Flo is the headliner and Cheryl and Rita are equal big names. They will probably do 2 songs each.

I think Cheryl should do Fight For This Love and Call My Name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Cheryl's set tomorrow might be longer than some of us originally thought, she seems to be on the big names.

She is the first name listed on this article,
    http://thevoice.dk/the-voice-12

Near the top on this one,
    http://thevoice.dk/the-voice-12/artister-2

And is one of the bigger names on the first day,
    http://thevoice.dk/images/stories/TheVoice12/Grafik/441x200_artikel_signatur_artister.jpg

So hopefully we will get a good few songs.

the translation doesn't work very well on that site. `in addition to publishing his own music`, that did make me laugh though.:o

i liked the helicopter entrance on the x factor though, i hope she gets a performance slot.:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl just performed at that festival, there was a link to listen but nothing to watch, which is quite pointless when it comes to Cheryl. lol

She performed FFTL, Under The Sun and Call My Name, I think that was it, but I missed the beginning so may be wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Call My Name. It was defo live but the vocals were as to be expected. She isn't so bad on some parts of the song. I'm surprised she did Under The Sun.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call My Name up over 100 places to #91 on Danish iTunes.
    A Million Lights enters at #85. Both should chart in the top 100 at least this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is an interview she did in Denmark,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFoYfeiY76A

Why she even bothers doing little tiny bits in some countries I don't know, she isn't going to make much impact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is an interview she did in Denmark,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFoYfeiY76A

Why she even bothers doing little tiny bits in some countries I don't know, she isn't going to make much impact.

Don't understand it either. The label behind her may aswell throw a boat load of money behind the project and push her into the states though... the market is at it's weakest and every act who goes over there now grabs attention. Even the flippin' Saturdays of all people are having a bash at it. I think there's a price of that fame though, she'll get harassed everywhere she goes. She often gets away from the UK to the states to avoid the media attention, making a crack at America will just mean it's going to become alot worse... and the problem with America is that there just isn't any ground rules when it comes to the press.

From what you hear her say every now and again is that she doesn't enjoy the media attention. I find it hard to believe that her label won't throw her out there though considering the hype surrounding her over here. It's more likely she has turned to her management and said she doesn't want to go for it. Not to forget the other commitments she has made with Girls Aloud would have to go right out the window considering working in the states could take years of dedication.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't understand it either. The label behind her may aswell throw a boat load of money behind the project and push her into the states though... the market is at it's weakest and every act who goes over there now grabs attention. Even the flippin' Saturdays of all people are having a bash at it. I think there's a price of that fame though, she'll get harassed everywhere she goes. She often gets away from the UK to the states to avoid the media attention, making a crack at America will just mean it's going to become alot worse... and the problem with America is that there just isn't any ground rules when it comes to the press.

From what you hear her say every now and again is that she doesn't enjoy the media attention. I find it hard to believe that her label won't throw her out there though considering the hype surrounding her over here. It's more likely she has turned to her management and said she doesn't want to go for it. Not to forget the other commitments she has made with Girls Aloud would have to go right out the window considering working in the states could take years of dedication.

she does already. maybe the `car crash` is a bad example, since there are question marks over that whole drama. however, i have lost count of the times she has been snapped in america, arriving at airports especially. i do agree that she is using the girls aloud re-union to justify her reluctance to commit to the states. personally, i don't blame her. she has worked in this tough industry for ten years and she is probably more successful and far richer than she could ever have imagined.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she does already. maybe the `car crash` is a bad example, since there are question marks over that whole drama. however, i have lost count of the times she has been snapped in america, arriving at airports especially. i do agree that she is using the girls aloud re-union to justify her reluctance to commit to the states. personally, i don't blame her. she has worked in this tough industry for ten years and she is probably more successful and far richer than she could ever have imagined.

Being papped in LAX is quite common for all names that pass through.... They know celebrities go in and out on a daily basis. American paps will usually follow the huge names virtually everywhere, it's all very much in the car behind following them and there's nothing they can do about it. I think that's the big turn off for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being papped in LAX is quite common for all names that pass through.... They know celebrities go in and out on a daily basis. American paps will usually follow the huge names virtually everywhere, it's all very much in the car behind following them and there's nothing they can do about it. I think that's the big turn off for her.

she hangs out with the likes of will.i.am though, so she must get followed when she is with him. i think you are partly right, but i think she lacks the motivation to `crack` the states too. i don't think she is being lazy, but i just get the impression she isn't as ambitious as other people in the industry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she is that ambitious either to be honest, she is probably happy with her career as it is.

Also Cheryl will be on Alan Carr on the 12th October to promote her autobiography. Leona will also be on that show so I am really pleased. lol