Corrie's Bruno Langley is now a barman

The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
Forum Member
Nothing wrong with that at all, and I think it's very brave of him to take a job away from acting considering his high profile role in Corrie.

Todd was a twonk when he returned earlier this year, so I don't want him to come back now, but it could be interesting and we'd see more of Eileen.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    Fair play to him, bar work is as good as any other work. I'm sure if he got tired of it though he could easily return to the Street, he's always been a popular character who's fondly remembered.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Bruno Langley has often worked bar jobs between acting work. it's what jobbing actors have to do all the time.
    A complete non-story from the Mirror.
  • Stitches83Stitches83 Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jobbing actors will often need temp work or even part time/full time work to tide them over. It's not brave or different, it's just the nature of the beast

Jemma Walker, who played Sasha in Eastenders and Siobhan in Family Affairs worked at my workplace in customer service for a couple of weeks once.
  • Will MitchellWill Mitchell Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And a very sexy barman he is too! :D
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    It's not the first time I've heard that he's been working in a bar to tide him over between acting jobs. He's out of work and he's got a son to support - pleased to see he's not too proud to do a bit of hard graft instead of signing on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what pub. May pop by :p

As others have said, least he's got his head screwed on enough to be happy to take bar work. If it pays the bills eh? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Well it's obviously only temporary as he's in the touring production of Calendar Girls later in the year. It's coming to Belfast in October!
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    It's what jobbing actor do... no biggie..

But seriously Bruno - go back to Corrie as Todd is amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the impression bar work is ideal if you need to go to auditions or do a couple of days doing Holby or Casualty because it is mostly evening work.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain wrote: »
    It's what jobbing actor do... no biggie..

But seriously Bruno - go back to Corrie as Todd is amazing.

They'd need to redeem his character after what happened at Easter. Both him and Violet have had turns for the worse thanks to that episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I lived & worked in London we often had actors doing temporary work in my office, it`s part of being a jobbing actor.
    In between acting work they do still have to earn a living. Most acting work is badly paid & good actors like to vary the roles they play. It is a difficult profession to be in. Unfortunately too many bad actors are cast on their looks.
    As I don`t watch Corrie I don`t know if this actor is good or bad so can`t comment on his ability.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    It is normal for actors to do barwork jobs etc in between roles, but when it's a well-known tv star the press seem to make a big deal about of it which is ridiculous. Certain other ex-soap stars just go for reality tv work or selling interviews whilst they're looking for other work, maybe he'd prefer to stay away from all that. Good for him, dont see the big deal as long as somebody is making an honest living, that's all that matters.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    It really is a non-story isn't it?

Is it me or has Digital Spy gone down the gurgler over the last few months?

It all seems to be press releases, misleading headlines, rubbish lifted from papers and comments made by forum members turned into a 'story'.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Fair play to him - lots of actors have sidelines or other jobs to tide them over whilst they're not in work. I think we like to imagine that once someone becomes well-known face, they're minted for life, but the reality is very different.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And a very sexy barman he is too! :D

Indeed!

resting actors have to get work when they can...but I wish he would return to Corrie full-time..